Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it might be worth starting a thread to enable us to share tips and tricks for Pivi Pro.

One I found yesterday is the ability to change the 3 shortcut icons on the righthand side of the screen. As you can see from the image below I have set mine to navigate, weather and CarPlay.

To make the change go into the option to edit the Home Screen, choose which app you want and drag it over to the right hand side.

Wheel Light Automotive design Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Nissan Ariya 87kw e4orce Evolve on order
209 Posts
Test question, what is the navigator short cut symbol telling you on the right hand side?
A: using the phone navigation
B: using the car navigation
C: car play is connected

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
276 Posts
Not quite the original theme; I only have the bog standard fixed dials Driver Display and only discovered yesterday that when you have the map selected for the central display, a quick press on the button at the end of the left turn stalk enables scrolling through the selected trip data, as an alternative to the date at the top centre right of the display.

Reactions: JamToo

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
what is the boat symbol for at the top right? it looks like a sailing boat ..

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is the boat symbol for at the top right? it looks like a sailing boat ..
It is. I have set my profile symbol to a sailing boat.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
It is. I have set my profile symbol to a sailing boat.
didn't realise you could have different symbols as I have the old system .. :)

·
Registered
1st edition 2019 Seoul Pearl silver copper inserts 20” wheels tinted windows pan roof. 5079wheels
62 Posts
Thought it might be worth starting a thread to enable us to share tips and tricks for Pivi Pro.

One I found yesterday is the ability to change the 3 shortcut icons on the righthand side of the screen. As you can see from the image below I have set mine to navigate, weather and CarPlay.

To make the change go into the option to edit the Home Screen, choose which app you want and drag it over to the right hand side.

View attachment 11138
On the new Evoque you can turn up the volume on the steering wheel, use your fingers to rotate in a circle, on the side with the menu and phone icons. The left side on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2021 Range Rover Evoque P200 R-Dynamic S Eiger Grey, Pivi Pro Protektiv Ceramic coating & 20" wheels
77 Posts
It's very intuitive to use.
My only teeny annoyance is that I have to clear the navigation history, every time one starts, as it keeps bringing up the last few searches.

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
400 Posts
Test question, what is the navigator short cut symbol telling you on the right hand side?
A: using the phone navigation
B: using the car navigation
C: car play is connected
Does it not say in the Navigation panel "tap to set destination in Apple Car Play".

The downside to using car play to navigate, certainly with a P300e, is you will not get optimisation of the ICE and EV when set in Hybrid mode during the journey, a useful tool for getting the most out of your plug-in. I've not used this function since the V3.0 up-grade, there has been a reported issue with the function since the up-date (commented on Facebook) - as anyone encounter this problem or even know what the issue is?

·
Registered
400 Posts
It's very intuitive to use.
My only teeny annoyance is that I have to clear the navigation history, every time one starts, as it keeps bringing up the last few searches.
I keep getting the function to navigate to destinations I've recently visited, not set to navigate to, it doesn't do it all the time but when it suggests to navigate to my office which is 3 miles away it makes me laugh. It also tells you how long it will take to get to the destination and how far away you are - this is displayed in the navigation section screen shown above - you will not get this function if you use car play to navigate.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I keep getting the function to navigate to destinations I've recently visited, not set to navigate to, it doesn't do it all the time but when it suggests to navigate to my office which is 3 miles away it makes me laugh. It also tells you how long it will take to get to the destination and how far away you are - this is displayed in the navigation section screen shown above - you will not get this function if you use car play to navigate.
I get the same but mine isn’t Pivi it’s the one before can’t remember what they called it, was it Pro Duo or similar.

Reactions: Blackwolf

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
I get the same but mine isn’t Pivi it’s the one before can’t remember what they called it, was it Pro Duo or similar.
yours although takes a while to heat up is the best one I think now having had the two of them ;)

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
only thing I noticed was when in apple car play I used voice recognition to make a call and it said no phone was connected ... I then had to use the screen to make the call which when driving isn't that easy to do , also using Waze brings it up on the top screen but not on the drivers screen . Have decided that apple car play isn't what I thought it would it be and now don't use it .. back to Spotify for me..

Reactions: Blackwolf

·
Registered
400 Posts
only thing I noticed was when in apple car play I used voice recognition to make a call and it said no phone was connected ... I then had to use the screen to make the call which when driving isn't that easy to do , also using Waze brings it up on the top screen but not on the drivers screen . Have decided that apple car play isn't what I thought it would it be and now don't use it .. back to Spotify for me..
I use the car's voice control and it works fine for making calls, I will say car play it picks up my text messages and reads them out to me which can be funny at times. It also advises me that I have WhatsApp messages but still trying to work out how to get playback.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
I use the car's voice control and it works fine for making calls, I will say car play it picks up my text messages and reads them out to me which can be funny at times. It also advises me that I have WhatsApp messages but still trying to work out how to get playback.
it works fine for making calls when I'm not in car play but for some reason when connected to car play it just tells ne there is no phone connected.

·
Registered
MY21 - 71 Reg P300e Autobiography
252 Posts
it works fine for making calls when I'm not in car play but for some reason when connected to car play it just tells ne there is no phone connected.
Does anyone know how to stop the nav in pivi pro, automatically starting navigating me to a destination?

·
Registered
2021 Range Rover Evoque P200 R-Dynamic S Eiger Grey, Pivi Pro Protektiv Ceramic coating & 20" wheels
77 Posts
Does anyone know how to stop the nav in pivi pro, automatically starting navigating me to a destination?
Nope, drives me nuts too

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nope, drives me nuts too
Oh no, maybe someone will come along with the solution. To coin your phrase & not pivi related, but pano roof blind opens & closes every time, in my Disco Sport it stayed in the position it was left in.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,329 Posts
Oh no, maybe someone will come along with the solution. To coin your phrase & not pivi related, but pano roof blind opens & closes every time, in my Disco Sport it stayed in the position it was left in.

In my 2016 model the blind stayed where it was left but that changed in later models. Not sure which year it changed though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
In my 2016 model the blind stayed where it was left but that changed in later models. Not sure which year it changed though.
Seems an unnecessary wear on the blind motor & cars battery.

Reactions: XZ4
1 - 20 of 67 Posts