Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

First time Evoque owner and we got a new Evoque (2021 model including Pivi Pro) in December.

The last few days I’ve been getting a message when I turn the car off that there is a software update pending (and a notification icon on my profile avatar before switching off). I set it to update, lock it and walk away. When I come back a few hours / day later I get a message that the update failed and to update or schedule. I tried update a few times including setting a schedule for it to run overnight but it doesn’t complete and the next time I’m asked exactly the same.

Any tips or things I can try to get the update to complete? I don’t seem to have an option to do the update whilst sitting in the car to watch it in case it gives an error as it says it will only install once I lock and alarm the car.

Cheers!

·
Registered
P300e R Dynamic HSE, Fuji White, Pano Roof, 20" Alloys
42 Posts
I've had this myself, just keep trying it finally does work.

Think the new Pivi Pro software has some bugs in it at the moment. I keep loosing my profile and setting that I have saved. Think it happens when it does an update

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
93 Posts
There are a number of conditions detailed in the Iguide for completion of an update. Two stick out; Connectivity and vehicle associated to InControl account.
Is your car connected to your home WiFi or in a place with a good mobile data network and a good consistent signal strength in either case?
Failure to connect to an InControl Account is mentioned in a few threads as a problem affecting 2021 Pivi Pro cars delivered Feb/March.. This said it would seem that vehicles are being connected to InControl accounts but the issue is linking profiles to the InControl account. The fact that you have notification of an update suggests that the vehicle is connected and so may be a red herring in this instance.
Not sure if anyone with an Evoque has had an update later the the version in the thread below, so would be interesting to know the software details if you resolve the issue

PS Please add your vehicle details to your Signature in Your Account Details in case your issue turns out to be model specific.

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
298 Posts
Could it be that the car is aware of an update from when it is driving around and being connected but then when it is trying to do the update it’s not in a strong enough signal area?

·
Registered
MY'21 P200 HSE R Dynamic, Portofino Blue, Black Pack. Pan Roof.
13 Posts
Hi Paul,

I have exactly the same problem with my MY21 Evoque. Message that the software update has been downloaded to the car, but it will not update. Driving me nuts !

I have tried the update in several locations where the signal issues (if one is required) should definitely not be an issue.

Tried over a dozen times to complete the update and now considering a visit to the dealers. Have only had the car a couple of weeks - very frustrating !

Doug

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
298 Posts
Doug,
That does sounds very frustrating!
Probably worth at least a call to the dealers to see what they suggest. Or contact JLR Customer Services and see what they advise.

Hope you get it sorted as that would also bug me if the car says its got an update but wont do it!
Paul

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just saw this show up on Topix:

Software Over The Air (SOTA) - NOTICE - Potential concern
We have become aware of an issue affecting some customers not being able to complete software updates.

We have identified the affected vehicles and are resolving the issue remotely.

Once this has been done, the update now/schedule request option will disappear from the software updates menu in the vehicle. then the software update will then be automatically be resent which will then proceed as normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
is this sorted yet? My vehicle will not update even with a strong wifi signal, I practically parked the car in the study with the router.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine did eventually work and update about a week or so after my original post. I didn’t do anything different just one day it stopped prompting and showed as updated with no new updates.
definitely a few kinks to be ironed out in the software still!

·
Registered
MY'21 P200 HSE R Dynamic, Portofino Blue, Black Pack. Pan Roof.
13 Posts
Hi there,

Not sure what actually 'fixed' it or if it is fixed.

The software did not update, but the car finally decided that it was 'up to date'

I did nothing but try to update it repeatedly with a strong wifi signal.

It is very frustrating and I was on the point of taking the car into my local dealer to sort the issue out.

I await the next 'update' with trepidation !!

Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
93 Posts
Would any of you with successful updates share the Software version displayed in the Software Update section of Pivi Settings please?

Reactions: Code Monkey

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Paul,

I have exactly the same problem with my MY21 Evoque. Message that the software update has been downloaded to the car, but it will not update. Driving me nuts !

I have tried the update in several locations where the signal issues (if one is required) should definitely not be an issue.

Tried over a dozen times to complete the update and now considering a visit to the dealers. Have only had the car a couple of weeks - very frustrating !

Doug
Hi Doug
Did you manage to install the update? I've got a 21my jag FPace with the same pivi problem.
Thanks Neil.

·
Registered
Evoque S, 2021, black pack, gloss black 21” wheels
39 Posts
I havnt had a software download notification, when i check it says it is up to date, last updated on 3rd March. Is it normal for the updates to come through so sporadically? I would have thought everyone would be notified around the same time, much like an iphone ios update

1 - 13 of 13 Posts