Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three months in and although Pivi is telling me that there is a map update available for download from Pivi maps via USB, I've seen no sign of an OTA update to my maps (same versions as at delivery). I've also not seen anyone with a MY21 car report receiving an OTA map update on this or other JLR forums, which has made me question if and when they will be delivered.

It now seems from a post on the XE forum that such updates are being delivered, albeit with potential Pivi Style side affects -

"For those Forum members whose vehicles are equipped with PIVI Pro infotainment, and who are experiencing issues with navigation, there are two new bulletins on TOPiX this morning:

SSM75478 - PIVI Pro – Navigation resetting post OTA map update
SSM75483 - PIVI Pro – Navigation resetting post OTA map update

These would be identical, one being for Jaguar and the other for Land Rover, but as I do not have a paid subscription I can't say which is which."

:unsure:I think I may go for the USB option.

It almost seems that Pivi is suffering from Covid; ping and things go into self isolation🤧😷

Reactions: Whoever

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you drill into the Pivi settings, it does give a web link for map updates but doesn't work or let you download anything.

I would like to believe that map updates happen in the background without any driver interaction. Certainly preferable to the 30+GB monthly updates for ICTP.

What version of the maps are installed on your car?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you drill into the Pivi settings, it does give a web link for map updates but doesn't work or let you download anything.

I would like to believe that map updates happen in the background without any driver interaction. Certainly preferable to the 30+GB monthly updates for ICTP.

What version of the maps are installed on your car?
Yes, that is not a link, simply the web address to download the map to a USB memory stick for manual updating of maps as per ICTP updates.

My maps are v888.96.2021.15.

According to Iguide, digital handbook and Pivi Pro FAQ web page the maps should update OTA with a message displayed only after installation. I'll hold fire for a few more weeks and see if anything turns up before reverting to the USB option.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Maybe ask the question at your dealer? If it’s not working as it should they need to sort it out. It’s not exactly a cheap car. They may have come across this before & know a fix. (Or as is more likely, they might not have a clue what you’re talking about).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Asked the dealer service map expert first but he was not aware of the feature for MY2021 vehicles and I then asked LR Assist, whose initial response was to point me to the USB option, then having supplied them with details of the three sources quoted above, they then quoted one of them back to me to confirm that OTA updates are available.🤔

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Perhaps an email to JLR customer services explaining that your dealer doesn’t even know that it’s a feature of the MY21 cars they’re selling, and asking what you can do to get it fixed

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I was about to do that when I saw the post about SSMs, which is the only sort of evidence I've seen that they are happening but across the XE, F-Pace and this forum no-one has identified having received one, so decided to give it another couple of weeks before challenging.

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
97 Posts
The SSM doesn't relate to your vehicle.

I gave up and went down the USB route - another 20+ GB download and lengthy update process.

I'd hoped we'd moved on from the ICTP days but maybe the OTA are soon to come.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts