Evoque Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
165 Posts
Strangely enough 2.1.0a came before 2.1.0 for me and now no issues
:oops:I'm totally confused now. I'm on 2.1.0 and pretty sure it was my first update after 2.0.10e; in fact had started wondering why I hadn't had 2.1.0a. Also recall a post saying 0a followed 0.

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
96 Posts
a stands for alpha i suppose. So that’s a preliminary release. 2.1.0 is then newer than 2.1.0a. Think beta (b) software is well known. Beta software is newer than alpha and should have less bugs. Both are normally used to test for bugs before releasing the official release

·
Registered
165 Posts
Logic makes sense but in another thread @ Whoever received 2.1 0a at least a week after I received 2.1.0. It will be interesting to see if he gets 2.1.0 next and if it resolves the profile issue.

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic SE Nolita Grey two tone seats keyless entry black wheels fog lights spare wheel
116 Posts
Logic makes sense but in another thread @ Whoever received 2.1 0a at least a week after I received 2.1.0. It will be interesting to see if he gets 2.1.0 next and if it resolves the profile issue.
Saw that an update is due on my car. Will check tomorrow.

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
102 Posts
Mine has updated first to 2.1.0a then 2 days later to 2.1.0.

So far it all seems to be working without any issues. the 4g connection seems much more reliable and the profile hasn't deleted yet.

So far so good.

Reactions: PPB

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mine has updated first to 2.1.0a then 2 days later to 2.1.0.

So far it all seems to be working without any issues. the 4g connection seems much more reliable and the profile hasn't deleted yet.

So far so good.
Conversely, mine has updated from 2.1.0 to 2.1.0a this morning. Lost 4g with 2.1.0 after Service Station break to home last week but came back next start up.
No message to inform me of update; just noticed it in settings.

·
Registered
MY21 R Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Black Pack, Black Contrast Roof, 21 5078 wheels
18 Posts
After getting 2.1.0, (ignoring a momentary sat nav issue when it thought I was in Germany) my profile and 4g issues are all fixed. Oh and there was one time when the screen didn’t move to it’s normal position so I had to do it manually but two hours into the journey the entire system turned off and on and it worked fine. Tbh I’m now at the point where I find the mystery of what Pivi Pro will do next quite entertaining 😂😂

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic SE Nolita Grey two tone seats keyless entry black wheels fog lights spare wheel
116 Posts
I got 2.1.0 yesterday. My profile can be entered but doesn't seem to hold the details. Will see what the next few days brings. My navigation took me to Germany for a few seconds too!

Reactions: Bluefire65

·
Registered
P300e R Dynamic HSE, Fuji White, Pano Roof, 20" Alloys
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Car updated over the weekend

First issue, radio wouldn't work. wouldn't let me select any audio device - had to stop the car get out, lock vehicle, start again seemed to fix the issue

Second issue, On Monday all the cameras stopped working, tried same fix as above, didn't work, used the car multiple times Monday cameras never came back on

Third issue - On Tuesday, the profile I added over the weekend after the software update has disappeared, but on a brighter note the cameras are working again now

·
Registered
116 Posts
Car updated over the weekend

First issue, radio wouldn't work. wouldn't let me select any audio device - had to stop the car get out, lock vehicle, start again seemed to fix the issue

Second issue, On Monday all the cameras stopped working, tried same fix as above, didn't work, used the car multiple times Monday cameras never came back on

Third issue - On Tuesday, the profile I added over the weekend after the software update has disappeared, but on a brighter note the cameras are working again now
1. Couldn't select audio advice. Fixed itself the next morning.
2. Cameras operating as normal.
3. Profile wasn't being saved. Took about six attempts to enter details. Profile now held.

I am in the best position I have ever been with Pivi Pro. I am sort of grateful. :unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
P300e R Dynamic HSE, Fuji White, Pano Roof, 20" Alloys
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Tell me about it... The car was actually book in with LR for Wednesday as the car wouldn't go into EV mode back end of last week , just kept saying "EV was unavailable" and also lost all "Special Programs" which included parking sensors, cruise control, lane departure, auto handbrake release and other sensors.

The problem went away before the software update was installed but lasted 2 days

Ended up not taking the car in to be checked as the problem went away

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE P300e Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
260 Posts
Seems like the latest update (if you can actually install it - mine won't install, keeps saying failed as car charging even though it's not) is like Pivi Pro in general- not fit for purpose!!!

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
So glad we have ICTP, might be old and slow but then so am I but it works and the Mrs isn't on my back having spent close to 50k on a car with parts that don't work

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE P300e Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
260 Posts
I've now contacted JLR customer services and said the system (and by default the car) aren't fit for purpose.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
I'll defend the brand but that can only go so far, I was happy with our old one and over moon so far with the new one, I accept there will be niggles along the way and I expect ours to be having warranty work at some stage but stuff like the radio, sat nav, phone connectivity stuff like this shouldn't be going wrong or at least bugs ironed out before its released, it seems there are software updates every month and each one creates more problems that it cures, I have faith that JLR will get there eventually but how long have owners got to put up with pivi pro problems, I know what we paid for ours but the newer cars with pivi are well into the 40's and constant trips to the dealers will get tiresome for sure.

I would have still bought ours if it had pivi pro but I'm not bothered that it hasn't, I did ask the salesman if this was a pivi pro and he said no unfortunately this isn't its the older ICTP, is said no don't apolgise i'm not actually that bothered

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
793 Posts
Doink - totally agree.

So many Pivi Pro issues are being reported here, I’m also really very glad I don’t have it. It seems that early adopters are all piloting it for JLR. All the motoring reviews I’ve read say how great Pivi Pro is, but I suspect they only have the review vehicle for a day and not for an extended period. In time it’ll be sorted, but to expect new owners to put up with the troubles with no proper resolution date, I wouldn’t find at all acceptable.

I find the older ICTP now is very stable indeed. It’s certainly quicker than the touch screens in the PSA Group vehicles. I know the launch of ICTP across the whole range (particularly the Velar) was similarly chaotic.

My car has had its longest drive today in almost a year since I got it new - 120 miles. I found the ICTP absolutely perfect. The sat nav was very good with some very high def motorway signs showing up on the centre instrument cluster and touch screen, plus additional details on the HUD. Never having driving it on a motorway, I was impressed by the ICTP's robustness and to see graphics I’ve never ever seen before. Apple CarPlay, messages and directions all stable.

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
MY21 Evoque R Dynamic S P300e 1.5 - Fuji White
37 Posts
My update was failing to install and tried 3 or 4 times. I finally got it to install after scheduling it for the night. If you're having issues it might be worth a try.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts