Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm currently considering swapping my Continental front tyres (245/45V20) for Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season which appear popular on the forum. Kwikfit have two different load ratings (99) for £168 or (103) for £173 - and a 10% discount offer in October. Any reason I would need to go for the (103) version ?

Thanks for your help/advice.

·
Super Moderator
10,433 Posts
The 99V is fine. Mine came from the factory with them fitted.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I have the 99V's on mine. They are also marked up 'LR' for Land Rovers.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Not let me down in snow , seem to be the most popular choice

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Head and shoulders above the contis in the snow, continentals are a good tyre but the trouble is the type fitted to evoques is a summer tyre so no surprise its crap in the snow, pirelli all season all the way

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just about to replace my front tyres and looking for which ones. The Pirelli scorpion verde all season are the ones everyone seems to recommend on here. I have coni’s on the back, is it ok to change just the fronts to Pirelli’s until the back tyres are ready to change?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thats what we've done, Pirelli front craptinentals rear, our plan was to change the rears in the future but its probably going back before we need to, we've had no handling issues

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I noticed while looking at cars on wednesday that every car had Pirelli zero's all seasons, wonder how they compare to scorpion verdes

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
I understand the Zero's to be more raod based and the Verde to be more all season-probably wrong but someone will be along to correct my misguided answer.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Raod there’s Maffy ... you abroad ? Change your spellchecker back to UK 😂😂😂

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Abroad next weekend-still grimey UK at the Mo.
Next week I will mostly be using plucky little belgiums spellchecker. (Wonder if my registration flag will change!-be funny when I go to Italy next month, the Italian flag won't be seen on the white background!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks everyone. Looks like Pirelli Scorpio verdes all seasons then! Searched loads of website for best price. Is £166 fitted a decent price or is there somewhere online you can recommend for good prices or have current deals on?

·
Super Moderator
10,433 Posts
£166 fitted is a good price. Camskill are £153 supply only plus £2.95 carriage.

·
Super Moderator
10,433 Posts
I noticed while looking at cars on wednesday that every car had Pirelli zero's all seasons, wonder how they compare to scorpion verdes
Zeros seem to have slightly better wet grip. B against C for the verdes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I'm currently considering swapping my Continental front tyres (245/45V20) for Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season which appear popular on the forum. Kwikfit have two different load ratings (99) for £168 or (103) for £173 - and a 10% discount offer in October. Any reason I would need to go for the (103) version ?

Thanks for your help/advice.
Interesting to see this post. I made this change two years ago and have not regretted it. The Pirellis are wearing better and are MUCH better at holding the tyre pressure than the Contis were in my experience. Pirellis were also nearly £100 per tyre cheaper at my local SE Tyres dealership, so changed all four.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The Pirelli Scorpions are the best tyre I’ve ever had.
They are load rated 105 on the 19” So 235/55/R19 105V
Just changed the rear tyres after 76,000 and they were £128 each fitted :)

Awesome!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Zeros seem to have slightly better wet grip. B against C for the verdes
Very good in the wet.
I had the Verdes on my 2012 one and great in the wet and very good in snow for an all season tyre too.
The Zeros are also a great tyre, very, very grippy in the warm and dry and superb in the wet.
Not had a chance to try them in the snow yet tho.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts