Evoque Owners Club banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I’ve decided that its too early for me to adopt either hybrid or full electric for a private car....I run one for a company car purely for the BIK values........I’ve just ordered a loaded Volvo XC40 Pro 2 litres petrol mild hybrid (not plug in) for March 2021 delivery to replace our Autobiography........purely and simply because I could not make the premium pricing for either the Evoque or plug in work....and thats with free electricity from work.........the new Volvos are as good build quality as JLR without the stress and hassle of JLR reliability and you don’t need to pay a massive premium for the pleasure........its such a shame as we love the evoque but have grown to hate JLR......we have effectively gone from having a drive with vogue & Evoque parked on it to one with x2 Volvos.......purely and simply due to JLR shocking build quality and customer service........its too early yet for us to jump on the EV bandwagon and especially not with JLR

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quick Feedback. They made a reset on my car and tried the initialization process again. We took over the car yesterday afternoon. Since that the car runs flawlessly.
The software that manages and predicts the range for climate conditions and driving styles etc is glitchy. No ev or phev is never going to achieve its stated range. A friend who's at the plant in Speke rekons it will and should be sorted however it is JLR.. He changed is 2019 disco for a brand new Ipace 2 months ago due to running costs. He's less than impressed with the Ipace range. He rekons he struggles to get near 180 miles on a full charge! We ordered a P300e due in March however we're seriously considering cancelling.. I just come out of a 530e since 2018 and never achieved more than 24 miles range however meets our daily commute. Previously had the 330e for 2 years and the sshe story, low 20s at best. BMW aren't without their faults, window regulator and the whole drivers display replacement on the 530e within the first 14months.. Love the look, capabilities and feel of the Evoque albeit a tad small but doubting the reliability. I appreciate its all under warranty but cba back and forth to dealers! We prefer PHEV's but there not alot that compares to the Evoque for image and capabilities. Just don't like the mercs of late, awful build quality and materials on close inspection. Thinks its time to consider the alternatives.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well, my car has been in since last Friday for a check over and apparently its perfect!! It was ready yesterday from 11.15 am, that was last time it was started and moved, but wasn't ready to collect as they had no chance to sanitize it. I will be receiving my guide on how to run a PHEV car which includes in cold weather starting on the petrol engine for first 300 mtrs(not sure if 9deg and 12km is the same???). Obviously i will know better next week when i collect the car and i have just ordered a headcam so that i can record it if it starts to act up again. I am still waiting on the lease company advising if they will allow me to cancel the lease but up to now i'm not optimistic. Have a solicitor looking at it now and also trading standards to see if i can get out of it as i have no faith in the car or any of these models now.
Can I just clarify.. all these cars in and out ofJLR dealers under warranty? Are they providing loan vehicles?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
My dealer hasn't been doing courtesy cars since the 1st lockdown, but apparently they are starting again from 1st Jan. I have a courtesy car booked for when mine goes in (again) on 15th Jan.

Reactions: Nafianna

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer hasn't been doing courtesy cars since the 1st lockdown, but apparently they are starting again from 1st Jan. I have a courtesy car booked for when mine goes in (again) on 15th Jan.
Honestly, all dealers, they have milked this covid thing.. by definition there's techs jumping in and out of your car and is the same risk. Simple sanitisation, just a bloody excuse to save money and work at their pace. With this Tier shifting it'll be back on again suiting them right back to the ground.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Honestly, all dealers, they have milked this covid thing.. by definition there's techs jumping in and out of your car and is the same risk. Simple sanitisation, just a bloody excuse to save money and work at their pace. With this Tier shifting it'll be back on again suiting them right back to the ground.
Agreed, last time I was at the dealers no complimentary coffee, funny how cafe down the road manages (tier 1 at the time).
Since retiring we couldn't really justify the 2nd car sat in the garage all the time so only have the one now, couldn't entertain a service that didn't include a courtesy car.

Reactions: Nafianna

·
Registered
535 Posts
Can I just clarify.. all these cars in and out ofJLR dealers under warranty? Are they providing loan vehicles?
Your talking JLR here....so who knows....they make it up as they go along............covid will ave affected this but in my experience you can get any of:

• courtesy car ......nb this may not be a JLR product let alone Range Rover........I’ve had mercs and even fords in the past....purely depends on the dealership
  • taxi ....they tend to have contracts with local taxi firms but may not volunteer that up front
  • chauffeur......ie a member of staff will drop you off / pick you up....you may be sharing with another “customer”

If your car is in for longer term warranty work they will provide a hire car....again not necessarily a Range Rover.....I had a vogue off the road for 3 months with a blown engine and turbos 2 weeks after its first service.....they initially offered me a small merc........I ended up in a “heated” argument and ended up with a RR Sport with 400 miles on the clock....from a hire company (you could not really make it up.....JLR had to hire in their own product lol).......the car was originally supposed to be off the road for c3 weeks...turned into 3 months because of course JLR managed to make a complete arse of it.......including me arriving to pick up the car....TWICE at pre agreed dates and them “forgetting” to tell me it was not ready yet.....then lying to me about why.....etc......etc.......

such a simple question lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ps if you ever get a warranty issue and want to make sure you are at the front of the queue do not take it to the dealership....instead press the little button and get it recovered.........in my experience you will both get the car looked at and sorted quicker and priority for a courtesy car when it arrives at the dealership on a flatbed......I found this out when the central locking was not locking, as I could not lock the car I classed it as an emergency and pressed the button......they arrived very promptly, car was on my drive at home......the tech said he could not fix it as it was a known centrol locking control issue that would need to go in.....I said fine I’ll take it in tomorrow.....he said I would be better getting him to put it on the trailer and he would drop it off in the morning as it would get priority.......and he was spot on ..........I wish I didn’t know these things but the one service I have used the most in my 35 years of motoring is JLR warranty claims lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hearing you loud and clear, that was exactly the situation with a problem on our 5 series, BMW assistance sent their own techs who in turn advised it be trailored in, a 330i rocked up within 2 hours. I seen a YouTube video of a couple who had an experience breaking down in Scotland, have to say the level of service they received was impressive albeit just before the covid pandemic. As you said, they utilised a taxi for them to their destination some 150 miles away and again the following morning to pick up a Velar from Glasgow Airport. Meanwhile their evoque was taken to Edinburgh and returned to them in Newcastle days later and recoup the Velar.. again, all great but all pre covid!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello from France,
I received my P300e few weeks ago but i have also some issue with my car.
The main issue is with the HVAC, i don’t have hot air when i use the EV mode. Even if the temperature is set to the max. The dealer have tried yesterday to reprogram the ECU but the issue is still there. For the p300e owners, have you observed similar issue?

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Hello from France,
I received my P300e few weeks ago but i have also some issue with my car.
The main issue is with the HVAC, i don’t have hot air when i use the EV mode. Even if the temperature is set to the max. The dealer have tried yesterday to reprogram the ECU but the issue is still there. For the p300e owners, have you observed similar issue?
Hi, my hot air flow is weak and slow to warm in EV and/or Petrol modes compared to every car I’ve owned in the past 10yrs. Slow to warm is not really the issue, it’s just the pathetic airflow thereafter (especially at the rear), which is massively disappointing (and even on the fast setting).

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
...plus, I still can’t get this junker to login into JLRs online services 3 weeks after taking delivery. Yet another example of JLR not being easy to do business with! It’s such low-rent tech!

I’m so glad I went for the M4...and BMW Connected Services worked the day I logged in!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
...plus, I still can’t get this junker to login into JLRs online services 3 weeks after taking delivery. Yet another example of JLR not being easy to do business with! It’s such low-rent tech!
Sorry, I don't agree.
Perhaps it's because you have borrowed it off a leasing company I think you said?
On collection from the dealer the connected services on mine and previous JLR models have been done and sorted.
Maybe get onto whoever the car belongs to and get it sorted ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your feedback, for the JLR remote service with the Apps, this is fully functional for me, we have configured the vehicle with my account and the dealer for the delivery.
I see on the first page that Sonic have also some issue with the aircon, @Sonic the issue is now solved ? It was also related to hot air on EV mode ?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Sorry, I don't agree.
Perhaps it's because you have borrowed it off a leasing company I think you said?
On collection from the dealer the connected services on mine and previous JLR models have been done and sorted.
I agree, all my services work perfectly. The only issue I had was because my dealer had been too efficient and had already created an account for me. When I created a duplicate account it caused problems, but it was all sorted by one phone call.
I have had a few minor issues with my car, but no more than I would expect from any car. Balance shaft excluded of course.

Reactions: PhilB

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Sorry, I don't agree.
Well, it was setup for me to sign into by the issuing Land Rover Dealership two days prior delivery, the lease company didn’t touch it. It accepts my email and password (as arranged by the dealership) and then comes up with a pathetic ‘Error’ message. I asked my local dealer to look at when it went in the other week and they just said it’s a glitch at JLRs end. So, in summary....a bit of a customer experience shambles to be honest! Anyhow, it’s parked up awaiting collection and I don’t intend using ever again.

·
Registered
phev hse r dynamic black 20.5
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Thanks for your feedback, for the JLR remote service with the Apps, this is fully functional for me, we have configured the vehicle with my account and the dealer for the delivery.
I see on the first page that Sonic have also some issue with the aircon, @Sonic the issue is now solved ? It was also related to hot air on EV mode ?
hi, on mine it was either hot in the car or cold....no in between with or without aircon and no matter what temp it was at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for your feedback, do you know if the problem of aircon was present since the beginning ? JLR replaced something to solve this issue?

·
Registered
phev hse r dynamic black 20.5
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Hi,
Thanks for your feedback, do you know if the problem of aircon was present since the beginning ? JLR replaced something to solve this issue?
Yes it was from the start and have had no information regarding what they did to resolve it. Had the car back one day but it seems fine but have only had one trip so haven’t checked it properly. All the problems with it and I have had no feedback from them I find more out about things on here. Knowledgeable guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes it was from the start and have had no information regarding what they did to resolve it. Had the car back one day but it seems fine but have only had one trip so haven’t checked it properly. All the problems with it and I have had no feedback from them I find more out about things on here. Knowledgeable guys.
Ok thanks for your answer, from my side i must wait one week for a new investigation with my dealer.
I hope they will found and solve the issue..

41 - 60 of 62 Posts