Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
phev hse r dynamic black 20.5
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, just wondering if anyone has had similar experience with their car. Received my R Dynamic hse at the end of October and initially impressed. But that soon changed...fully charged from my home wallbox, journey 16 miles all on Electric...well maybe not...currently it decides if it wants to drive in electric or petrol but no rhyme or reason to whether it does. Problems with the air con, problems with the info centre and also window would drop when the car was locked. So try local jlr dealership and book it in for a day to sort them out....They had it for 5 hours then informed me that there was too many faults and they would need it for two days and would have to be in touch with head office technical to sort it out. Car dropped off and kept for 5 days not two. The window dropping seems to be sorted as does the aircon and also the info centre..and also the driving on electric...it was apparantly the air con causing the problem...it wasn't fully gassed up...yep i didn't believe it either but i was assured this was the fault. you guessed it...no still doesn't work properly...rebooked for another few days in the dealership but also other problems happening now as well. Currently in dispute with jlr over rejecting this car and also the lease deal as they have admitted that they are having problems with the Evoque in general not just the phev...Anyone had any issues similar to this. Would appreciate any feedback as can see this getting escalated and turning nasty but my general opinion of customer services isnt good to start with as the dealer poiting to customer services and vice a versa.

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Hi, I’m trialing a P300e R-Dynamic and after 9 days of rubbish EV range I’m sending it back. It’s clearly not fit for purpose and that’s my simple summary. I could keep it to the end of January, but I feel it’s just a waste of my time and a waste of my electricity.

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
@Sonic read the backend of this thread with my comments so far in relation to my EV experiences. It started well and then simply deteriorated.

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Mine wouldn’t lock today and the app said windows were open despite being fully closed. I find the aircon below par and have a rear suspension rattle at low speed. CarPlay is the worst I’ve experienced and the lower control panel lacks precision in such I have to tap slightly above the icons to change settings. Can’t login to the live traffic service and haven’t been able to login to the car since delivery. The rear camera is slightly foggy too, maybe it’s just condensation after two days of solid rain. The leather finish and stitching is laughable, but it does look nice from a distance. The shocker for me was finding out it has a crap 10k mile service interval...that’s so 1980‘s British Leyland.

·
Registered
phev hse r dynamic black 20.5
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like quite a few problems and everybody unhappy. Mine actually unlocked itself when out at he weekend and i was nowhere near it. Jlr have admitted that they are holding cars back at the moment rather than delivering when ready for customers, sounds like they have major problems.

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Sounds like quite a few problems and everybody unhappy. Mine actually unlocked itself when out at he weekend and i was nowhere near it. Jlr have admitted that they are holding cars back at the moment rather than delivering when ready for customers, sounds like they have major problems.
Im so glad I cancelled my original order for one, and very grateful for this trial vehicle. Whilst we all at home think it looks pretty and somewhat stylish inside and out, we have all concluded this evening that it’s just another problematic Evoque from a long line of failures from the Land Rover Donkey Sanctuary!

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Youngest son has just come back in from a drive out in it and said the drivers side washer nozzle isn’t working...and he got a full 17miles out of it on a 50mph dual carriageway @ 6 deg outside temp. If it gets to c. -1deg, I predict the mileage range to be c. 7miles 😂😂😂😂

Ive got a funny feeling the residual values of these SUV’s are gonna drop through the floor soon!

·
Registered
MY20.5 | 1.5 P300e R-Dynamic | Seoul Pearl Grey | Sliding panoramic roof | Premium LED Light | 2WDec
17 Posts
I got an issue with the app, tolding me that the car was open, and when I tryed to close it on remote app I was not able to do it. I went to the car and then the doors were closed... I tough that was some small bug but now I'm getting afraid with all your experiences.

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
I’ve driven 1.2 miles today @ 30mph @ 8 Deg outside temp and used 10% of the battery !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Guys, my name is Lars. I am from Germany.

Our P300e should have been delivered two days ago. On delivery day, our dealer called and said that the car is not ready for delivery. The problem is that the EV mode can’t be activated. The car always starts with the combustion engine, and it stays on it. The display says, “can’t activate EV mode.”

Did anyone of you have a similar problem before? Any idea what this could be? My dealer seems to be helpless. They opened a ticket, but they think it takes quite a time to get an answer.

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
The only problem Ive had 2 or 3 times is when I’ve selected ‘EV’ with a full battery and the engine fires up for no apparent reason at very slow walking speed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for your feedback. This is the same. But even when they drive it, it won't go into EV. Instead, that message pops up. I am sure it is just the software, but I am disappointed that the workshop has only one resolution which is starting a ticket, and then no-one responds to this ticket within 3 days.

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
I’ve charged the car to 100% and is showing a drop down to a 25mile range at 8 deg outside temp. The numbers are so all over the place with this car that I can’t find a pattern as to why it’s totally shite!

I’ve charged our i3 at the same time as the Evoque and it’s showing a 193 mile range with zero drop against its typical range.

To drop 10% of its range after a 1.2mile EV only journey this morning would be a worry to me if I’d purchased this car tbh!

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Thank you for your feedback. This is the same. But even when they drive it, it won't go into EV. Instead, that message pops up. I am sure it is just the software, but I am disappointed that the workshop has only one resolution which is starting a ticket, and then no-one responds to this ticket within 3 days.
Sadly, it appears early adopters of this new vehicle may suffer numerous issues with this new vehicle. But I’m also a member of a BMW forum and I don’t see anything like this with the new X3e Hybrid.

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
96 Posts
Sadly, it appears early adopters of this new vehicle may suffer numerous issues with this new vehicle. But I’m also a member of a BMW forum and I don’t see anything like this with the new X3e Hybrid.
I am wondering if you're not just having bad luck with this car (just as Sonic). Looks like there's a lot wrong with it. There appear to be some enthusiastic members on the forum with a P300e.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi ukc, I'm seriously considering changing to a petrol (only) X3 next year, is there a decent forum you'd recommend for some realistic user feedback. My Evoque has not been disasterous (so far) but have had a too many niggles (eg. just noticed my 2nd rear camera misting up AGAIN), just wondering how much greener the grass is on the other side?

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Hi @Col_C I use bimmerforums.co.uk and Bimmerpost as they provide a good balance. I’ll be choosing an xDrive for the wife now we’ve decided the Evoque is not worth the risk. I’m currently looking 6 & 7 Series xDrives as well as the new X3...even though my last experience of the older 2016 F25 X3 wasn’t good over the 3yrs and 90,000 miles I put on it. All our other BMs have been pretty rock solid except my current 7 Series which was sold to me by Cooper BMW with outstanding faults but they were rectified via BMW warranty (eventually).

Reactions: Col_C

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
I am wondering if you're not just having bad luck with this car (just as Sonic). Looks like there's a lot wrong with it. There appear to be some enthusiastic members on the forum with a P300e.
Agreed, and there’s always going to a few bad ones in a batch...it’s the pot luck you take I suppose. But as mines a brand new trial car for 6 weeks, I’m therefore not going to take the risk on giving JLR £58k for a MY21 Autobiography when some of the basics don’t work correctly on the one I have now. It’s a real shame as it looks like the L551 will continue the trend of inconsistency and poor quality into a new generation vehicle.

I think the Evoque is a great little car, pretty, stylish and a real head turner...until you get in it and spot all its obvious faults which then you have to live with OR have the fear it will fail you sooner rather than later.

If Merc, Audi, Toyota or BMW made the Evoque it would be one of the biggest selling cars of all time, but instead it’s made by a bunch of people not famed for their high quality standards or workmanship!

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
My Merc has sat for the ladt 4 weeks and not dropped any charge re mileage, like mist things I guess you need to condition your battery in relation to the style and overall distance if driving.
agree that I certainly wouldn’t have the Evoque phev at the moment-too many things still need ironing out.

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
The problem is @Maffy despite conditioning and pre-conditioning the mileage is all over the place...it’s like trying to predict the next step a slightly twated granny on Special Brew is going to make next! 🤷‍♂️

1 - 20 of 62 Posts