Evoque Owners Club banner

181 - 200 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
There are some mighty weird bugs with phase 4 ... found another one this morning when going to use ‘Wade Sensing’ ... the graphic seems to show my Evoque has collapsed on its suspension!

Attachments

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
ooH Dear, thats not good!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I kind of thought it looked a bit like that James Bond submarine Lotus until I noticed the front wheel sticking up through the bonnet!! However on using it again this evening, it had righted itself so just another one of those Phase 4 glitches, like my Climate seat issue was.

Oh, and I had to reset my bloody ambient lighting again this morning as it had defaulted again to white. ?

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
There are some mighty weird bugs with phase 4 ... found another one this morning when going to use ‘Wade Sensing’ ... the graphic seems to show my Evoque has collapsed on its suspension!
:surprise: :grin:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Oh, and I had to reset my bloody ambient lighting again this morning as it had defaulted again to white. ��

Mine has defaullted to white a few times now, and my reverse mirror dipping works again.......these phase 4 glitches!:surprise:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Anyone got any update on the phase 5 introduction yet. Mine was supposed to be going in today for phase 4 but delayed it unti Feb 18th in hope of phase 5.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had what I assume was a Phase 4 update last week. Slow booting, Incontrol issues, front parking aid issues all seem much better. Can't seem to get Apple CarPlay to appear. I have a 17 plate with the big touch screen. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
It would appear depends on dealer, though I was told Carplay was integral part of phase 4 updgrade--getting stranger!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Be interesting to see how mine comes back. This is the 3rd attempt to get it right. It’s been gone since Weds morning, glad I’m not paying an hourly labour rate! Hope it now does text messages.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Had what I assume was a Phase 4 update last week. Slow booting, Incontrol issues, front parking aid issues all seem much better. Can't seem to get Apple CarPlay to appear. I have a 17 plate with the big touch screen. Any thoughts ?
Like Maffy I had Phase 4 update, two or three different builds due to ongoing issues. All OK now. As I said Carplay and Android Auto both working.
What version of Phase 4 do you have? Will check mine

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the post .
My version is S18C_18.37.1-222737 also. My Extra Features page looks different to the one pictured. A mystery indeed !

·
Registered
206 Posts
Be interesting to see how mine comes back. This is the 3rd attempt to get it right. It’s been gone since Weds morning, glad I’m not paying an hourly labour rate! Hope it now does text messages.

When you say "does text messages" will that be via siri, or how does the car do that as keen to learn after our phase 4, 4.1 and 4.2...... mines had three goes and seems to have settled down. Hope you get yours back home soon!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thanks for the post .
My version is S18C_18.37.1-222737 also. My Extra Features page looks different to the one pictured. A mystery indeed !
I would suggest that there is something wrong with the update. Can you log in to your sat Nav account and your live account? I had issues with that and they reinstalled the software.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Dear CRC
Please forward this thread to the department responsible for the phase 4 update!
It might be a opportunity to let them know it's floored , and customers are coming back with cars that are not being used to there full capacity , sat Nav issues , phone issues , etc
These are supposed to be premium cars ! There sold and advertised at premium prices, work carried out on them is charged at premium rates but quiet frankly reading through people's issues the word premium is lacking!
Surly if your selling £35k plus motors the least people can expect is somebody to take some responsibility at JLR and issue a apology or s statement to the fact it's being resolved or even being worked on!
Why have customers for example Veteran on this forum that has spent months of his time trying to resolve the issue ! Send a statement to your dealerships stating that there's a problem and don't waste anyone elses time until you know it's resolved! Honesty the best policy , rather than repeated visits to dealerships for clients!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Dear CRC
Please forward this thread to the department responsible for the phase 4 update!
It might be a opportunity to let them know it's floored , and customers are coming back with cars that are not being used to there full capacity , sat Nav issues , phone issues , etc
These are supposed to be premium cars ! There sold and advertised at premium prices, work carried out on them is charged at premium rates but quiet frankly reading through people's issues the word premium is lacking!
Surly if your selling £35k plus motors the least people can expect is somebody to take some responsibility at JLR and issue a apology or s statement to the fact it's being resolved or even being worked on!
Why have customers for example Veteran on this forum that has spent months of his time trying to resolve the issue ! Send a statement to your dealerships stating that there's a problem and don't waste anyone elses time until you know it's resolved! Honesty the best policy , rather than repeated visits to dealerships for clients!
Well summed up Donna let's hope someone out there is listening.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
When you say "does text messages" will that be via siri, or how does the car do that as keen to learn after our phase 4, 4.1 and 4.2...... mines had three goes and seems to have settled down. Hope you get yours back home soon!
Text messages are indeed via Siri but you get a notification on the touch screen when a message comes in, you can then press the steering wheel voice button and say “read messages” or touch the notification on the screen and it will pop up a Siri dialogue that asks you if you want messages read etc. You also then get the option to reply.

Works well. I like it. It also ‘reads’ emojis too, which is quite amusing.

Reactions: Veteran

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
That’s good to know Trapdoor. A good introduction and informative, I’m looking forward to getting mine back, hopefully next week.
Before they messed up my voice recognition I could tell my car to make or accept phone calls, not messages though, with my phone in my pocket. Do you need to plug the phone in for Siri to work messages?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
I think there are at least 2 flavours of the "Phase 4" update, as when mine broke originally in 2018 they said it had Phase 4 installed and that was buggy as **** and had main of the quirks described in this thread.
The latest update I had installed on 31/12/2018 (which brought with it CarPlay) has been rock solid.

I regularly drive 3-4 hour drives each week, and it has not once farted about - excellent performance.

Remote start is also quicker starting through the app too.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Brother in law had the infotainment updated yesterday on his Velar, but no Car Play or Android Auto. I couldn't find the software version anywhere.
It was carried out by the same dealer who updated mine.
Apart from that the software looks and is identical.
All a bit peculiar.

181 - 200 of 240 Posts