Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5door Dynamic, with Adaptive Dynamics. I have yet to feel the difference that the Dynamic Mode setting is supposed to make. Can anyone suggest an (on-road) before and after test I can do to show the handling differences?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The main difference is that it shakes your fillings out!!
I just leave it in the standard setting and even when pressing on the road holding is fine but I do like the dials turning red when dynamic is engaged!,

·
Registered
119 Posts
The steering definitely goes heavier when you go to dynamic mode and the ride is harder. Don't think you really need this as it holds the road really well in standard mode

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the dials turning red also. Beginning to wonder if it was worth the extra $$, but with only 3000 miles on the odometer, I will reserve judgement for a while.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have done 800 miles now and I'm starting to think that there is something wrong with the handling of my car. It feels very unstable withtoo much body roll. It almost feels like the car suffers on 20" Alloys or my tyres areinflated too much.

Today Idid an 80mile journey in Dynamic mode and it definitely stiffens up the ride. Still too much body roll though and my G/F still thinks we are in a boat.

Is it just me andthe change over from an Audi A5 witha low profile ride to a 4x4? or are others finding the their ride uncomfortable?

·
Registered
4 Posts
After checking your tyre pressures If it still seems unstable then it sounds like you have a problem! My wife has an A5 cab on 19" alloys and my evoque's ride is about on par! In fact I consider the ride in the evoque to be a class leader having driven the Q3 Q5 X3 Tiguan etc. most passengers that have been in my car all comment how good the ride is especially on 20"alloys!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have driven about 250 miles of with Evoque 2.2SD4 Pure Tech Auto. It is quite enjoyable .I have never driven a diesel car before.It gives a jerk when picking up speed from standstill or lower speed. Actually I quite like it as it gives a feeling of quick push especially when you are to enter a round about or while trying to over-take. However I find slightly uncomfortable if not annoying when I can feel slight jerkiness even at 30 mph in town. It feels like the engine is trying to find the apppropriate gear and when it '' clicks'' it gives the driver a slight feel. It is not exactly annoying but you are aware of it, and it does seem to intrude into otherwise comfortable drive. I just wanted to ask if it is normal feel which I should expect or not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts