Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
HSE Dynamic 2.0 TD4 MY2018
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very strange. I can unlock the car with the remote, mirrors will come out, I can open all windows using global opening but.....every now and then I can't open the passenger door, not even from inside the car. I've just been shopping and the other half had to sit in the back as we couldn't open the passenger door. When I got home and pulled up on the drive I was able to open the passenger door again. What is going on?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,329 Posts
Probably faulty actuator

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,329 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link, but before I read through it I found this On my dash. Don't know if it's anything to do with the cold? I'm also thinking that because we've been having below freezing temperatures that that has had something to do with it. It's only recently started to play .

Vehicle Automotive design Camera lens Reflex camera Plant

·
Registered
2021 P300e (Now sold, new car arriving 03/22)
1,222 Posts
Faulty door locks are a common problem on the older model Evoque...but are easy and relatively inexpensive to replace. 👍

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since I've been home it's been working fine. I'm wondering if the freezing temperatures have been getting to it? I hope the cold is the problem 🤞

·
Registered
2021 P300e (Now sold, new car arriving 03/22)
1,222 Posts
Since I've been home it's been working fine. I'm wondering if the freezing temperatures have been getting to it? I hope the cold is the problem 🤞
It's possible that it could be frozen....but far more likely to be an intermittently faulty actuator. I've never had a lock freeze up....but then I do live in the sunny southwest. 😊

·
Registered
695 Posts
Might be worth trying some WD40 Silicone spray (there's a plastic plug in the door edge for further access) before replacing the actuator. It's worked for others, a search should bring up some previous posts.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,426 Posts
The previous "Nicola Sturgeon" had experience with this ;)

@4ndy - you change your avatar quicker than your cars!

Reactions: Col_C
1 - 9 of 9 Posts