Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People,
My Evoque passenger front door isn’t locking from the fob. It’s locking/unlocking fine from the electric button inside the door. There doesn’t seem to be any corrosion around the actual door latch. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks 🙂

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
Sorry, I can't help. That's a strange one.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I'm guessing the door actuator has a fault (search the forum as it's a common issue) and it's causing issues with the central locking?

Edit: When you mention the internal electric switch works, are you using the one on the passenger door, or the drivers door 'master unlock' button?

Please remember to update this thread with your eventual outcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum.
I'm guessing the door actuator has a fault (search the forum as it's a common issue) and it's causing issues with the central locking?

Edit: When you mention the internal electric switch works, are you using the one on the passenger door, or the drivers door 'master unlock' button?

Sorry its actually the
Welcome to the forum.

Hi sorry,

Little bit of confusion, my girlfriend's diagnosis was slightly different from mine. Now I'm home from work and have had a look, its only locking when the manual tab above the handle is pushed in. When the electric button beside the handle is pressed its still not locking. Would this point towards the door actuator within the door card. Sorry for the original confusion.

Thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I can't help. That's a strange one.
Hi sorry,

Little bit of confusion, my girlfriend's diagnosis was slightly different from mine. Now I'm home from work and have had a look, its only locking when the manual tab above the handle is pushed in. When the electric button beside the handle is pressed its still not locking. Would this point towards the door actuator within the door card. Sorry for the original confusion.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Sorry its actually the

Hi sorry,

Thanks again
Sounds like it to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry its actually the

Hi sorry,

Thanks again
Hi there

I had this back in the summer, mines a 3 door Dynamic

I had read that the actuators do fail, I ordered a new one from fleabay, the seller had sold some 500+ so ordered one and fitted it

It’s a challenging job and probably a 7/10 not so much on the technical side but getting to it

It would have been easier if i had two elbows on each arms and 3 fingers on one hand and 7 on the other, lovely sharp edges to all the panel work too

note: the panel clips are heavy duty and need lots of effort (with the plastic levers) to remove.. grease on replacement

I did find a you tube clip that helped .....be very care with the plastic retainer clips

good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there

I had this back in the summer, mines a 3 door Dynamic

I had read that the actuators do fail, I ordered a new one from fleabay, the seller had sold some 500+ so ordered one and fitted it

It’s a challenging job and probably a 7/10 not so much on the technical side but getting to it

It would have been easier if i had two elbows on each arms and 3 fingers on one hand and 7 on the other, lovely sharp edges to all the panel work too

note: the panel clips are heavy duty and need lots of effort (with the plastic levers) to remove.. grease on replacement

I did find a you tube clip that helped .....be very care with the plastic retainer clips

good luck
Cheers,

I ordered an aftermarket part tonight and have had a look through various videos for removing the door card/internals. Hopefully the new one sorts me out. I'll post up again once its fixed.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replaced the door lock internal mechanism and now everything’s working fine! Pretty straight forward job apart from the clips holding the handle cable wire in place we pretty awkward. Thanks for the advice guys 🙂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts