Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I've noticed that when the driver's and passenger's HVAC are set to the same cool temperature, the driver's side air vents blow icy cold air, but the passenger's side vents only blow slightly cool air (possibly ambient air temperature).

The air con must be gassed up OK for it to produce icy cold air from the driver's side, so I'm guessing there must be a valve or flap somewhere on the passenger side which is not moving fully.

Any ideas where to look please? Thanks.

(Mr Moderator - could this be moved to "Faults & Fixes". Sorry)

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
571 Posts
Sounds like a flap not moving.
Have a look on eBay there are quite a few complete heater assemblies for sale and you can see all the parts.
People are also selling the motors separately and they are cheap. (See post below)
Access and diagnosis of the issue (is it a stuck flap, failed motor, failed control or bad wiring) may take a bit of playing about with. I have done it on other cars but not on the Evoque so can’t help with specifics.
Good luck.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update...

Mrs Wife complained that the air con wasn't working, so I got it re-gassed (£36 at ATS with a Groupon voucher). The car should have 620g of refrigerant, but mine only had 100g.This has fixed all the cooling issues. The car must somehow prioritise the driver's side cooling when it is struggling with low refrigerant. Clever.

She can now drive her Rolls Rover Evoque without perspiring.

·
Registered
MY20 Porsche Macan S - Volcano Grey
62 Posts
Pleased your ac is now working after the re-gassing, but I’d be a little concerned as to where the 520g of refrigerant has gone, as obviously there’s a leak in the system.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pleased your ac is now working after the re-gassing, but I’d be a little concerned as to where the 520g of refrigerant has gone, as obviously there’s a leak in the system.
Thank you.
Yes, there must be a tiny leak, but as this is the first re-gas since it was manufactured 5 years ago I can't grumble. I think my VW went about the same length of time before its first re-gas.
Thankfully (for me, but not the planet) I'm on the much cheaper R134A gas.
I'll keep an eye on it.

Reactions: AllanG

·
Super Moderator
2,727 Posts
10 years in still running the same gas in mine!

Reactions: rawpilot
1 - 6 of 6 Posts