Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my third actual failure hit me last night, The parking sensors gave a long high pitch beep (even though they were not on) as I started the engine, then when I tried to Enable the parking sensor via the Dash button, the indicator in the button just flashed for a few seconds.

Tried cleaning the sensors and switching off the car but no joy, so I'm guessing a sensor has failed looking back at other people with this issue, although seems fairly rare.

I'm going by the high pitched beep, that i'll start with the front sensors. Plus I've had the bumper partly off before to replace the Xenon Ballast, so have 1/2 an idea what i'm doing.

Just need some time and some weather, and to find a replacement part I can try swapping out each sensor with.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Spooky - I had just been reading your earlier post on bRR!
I've got away with cleaning the sensors in the past but yours sounds more serious.

Sorry to hear your trouble - but looking forward to the write-up/photos :)

EDIT
Looking at this Powerfulukltd video (an olden for a RR) is the 'clicking' tip still valid?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Sorry to hear this Philskil , on my first evoque the rear sensor went , think I recall if one goes they all go ... an yes a buzzing noise can be heard from faulty one apparently... they snapped the clip ( the bit on bumper that goes into clip ) and scratched it trying to get bumper off then sent it back with a huge gap ... this was Peter VARDY Aberdeen... and a week after I got it ..there solution to plastic weld bumper... this is where I blew and returned car along with other faults ...
so the moral of story is be careful taking off rear bumper if indeed you need too

·
Super Moderator
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Yes I'll be having a bit of a look tomorrow, and will try to see if I can hear any sensors, trouble is they seem to just turn off immediately if they even turn on. My idea is to start with the 2 centre front as they look to be just above the front valance that removes easily for towing. I want to see one of the sensors to make sure I order the right shaped part.

Seems LR parts are about £47, but seems to be loads available around the £15 mark, some cheaper, some dearer.

First thing is to clean the car as it's caked in mud, then my molly coddled Jag might have to venture out of the garage to allow me to do some work, although I've never actually tried to get the Evoque in my new Garage!

Will try to get some pics Hmmm, and put together a How to (Or How not to!) fix your parking sensors, although that'll be a few weeks down the line as got a lot on at the moment.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
You have to paint the edges to colour code too ?

·
Super Moderator
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's either of the 2 front outer, then yes some painting will be involved.

·
Super Moderator
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So that was odd...

Cleaned car, and got Evo in the garage with sensors still not working, dismantled the front valance, no access whatsoever to the central sensors, so dismantled enough of the wheel arch to get to one of the outside sensors (only just, as crammed in with the washer bottle) checked the sensor was the one with the right angled connector. Decided full bumper off was not going to be a job I fancied doing on my own, so cleaned 8 years of mud out of all the trim pieces and sprayed the wiring with contact cleaner and reassembled.

Drove it out of the garage and wondered what's that beeping... hey presto they were working again!

So probably got some damp in the connector, and a bit of wiggling and dispersant got it working again!

Result!

·
Super Moderator
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Not bad for 8 years on...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Excellent job Phil, see all it took was a bit of TLC and all is right in the world again!

Evoque looks great btw :)

·
Super Moderator
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks CBW!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts