Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Evoque that has 2 front cameras, 2 side cameras, and the reversing cameras. One of the front cameras has been damaged presumably by some road debris. Many websites say the part # for the 2011-2015 Evoque is LR025912. However when one was replaced by my dealer under warranty they listed the part as LR052028. Another dealer verified that LR052028 is the one for my car and LR025912 are for later models. I also know there some 4 pin and 6 pin cameras out there. I assumed LR025912 was 6 pin and the LR052028 was 4 pin, however I see lots of 6 pin LR052028 cameras listed on ebay. Can anyone offer in insight on this issue? Thank you.

·
Registered
Sicilian yellow special edition.
772 Posts
I purchased a reverse camera off ebbay but its not suitable as I have the surround cameras, so bee carefull. anyway the correct camera cost me £330 fitted. it didn't cost that amount for my 6 cam
cctv.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I have found out that the rear camera has a different part number if you do not have the surround. I thinkLR047397 is the rear camera for the non surround models and it has a right angle connector on the back.

I talked to another dealer and he said:

LR025912: Camera in all 5 positions (2x side, 2x front, rear) in models up to the end of 2013
LR052028: Camera in all 5 positions in models from 2014-2016. He opened the box and verified that it was a 6 pin connector.

I see lots of cheap (£40-£60) LR cameras on ebay that claim to be LR025912 but they are also 6 pin. I am not sure what part # of the 4 pin cameras would be.

·
Registered
772 Posts
yep I think mine was a six pin one, I still have the £40 one somewhere in a cupboard. when it comes to light I may resell it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
mmm the redundant cam I have has sn:50263 so possibly not for the evoque. oh well?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen a couple of listings for used Evoque cameras that have the circular 4 pin connection. If I had to guess I would say that is the older LR025912 part that was used up until 2013. But based on lots of incorrect information on OEM LR part websites the cheaper 6 pin cameras available on ebay are being listed as LR025912 when they are actually LR052028. To make things more confusing, in 2017 I think they changed to LR060915. These are easily identified because they have a metal base instead of an all plastic body.

Is that 50263 on the camera itself or is it on the box? Unfortunately the LR part number isn't printed anywhere on the part. The manufacturer number is very confusing because the part number on the side of the older 4 pin camera was more similar to the number I am seeing on the side of the 6 pin cameras on ebay than it was to the one the dealer read off to me.

I have one on the way and I will just have to hope it is the right one. It is better than paying $720 for the dealer to replace it.

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, Volvo 850R
2,319 Posts
Where is the second camera on the front, I can only see the one?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This picture shows my front left camera. There is another in in the same place on the front right. Then there is one on the bottom of each mirror. Then of course the one in the back.

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, Volvo 850R
2,319 Posts
Ah pre facelift model, I did wonder as mine defo only has one on the front albeit a 360 degree type and of course under the mirrors and tailgate

·
Registered
2 Posts
A money saving solution

On my neighbours 2011 Evoque the rear camera fogged up. Removing it and taking it apart it was found to be full of moisture. I dried the housing and electronics out but found that the sealed lens unit also contained moisture. This is the 4 pin version part number LR025912. My solution was to purchase, for £40 off eBay, the 6 pin version LR052928. The lens housing for the 4 pin and the 6 pin camera is the same and is stamped with part number ALSi12. Four screws hold the pin connector to the lens housing and when removed a further 3 screws hold the electronics to the housing. I put the electronics from the 4 pin into the lens housing from the 6 pin, put it all back together resulting in a good as new camera. that saved a nice £200.

·
Registered
9,875 Posts
On my neighbours 2011 Evoque the rear camera fogged up. Removing it and taking it apart it was found to be full of moisture. I dried the housing and electronics out but found that the sealed lens unit also contained moisture. This is the 4 pin version part number LR025912. My solution was to purchase, for £40 off eBay, the 6 pin version LR052928. The lens housing for the 4 pin and the 6 pin camera is the same and is stamped with part number ALSi12. Four screws hold the pin connector to the lens housing and when removed a further 3 screws hold the electronics to the housing. I put the electronics from the 4 pin into the lens housing from the 6 pin, put it all back together resulting in a good as new camera. that saved a nice £200.

Great result , your neighbor I’m sure will be thrilled!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts