Registered
744 Posts
I never knew the new diesel was 240 hp

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
steviegtr52 said:
I never knew the new diesel was 240 hp
Neither did I. Thought just the 180 bhp diesel and the petrol engine for those with deep pockets. Have to have a look at the configurator some time.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,116 Posts
Same engine, just now available in 180 & 240 hp. Been available since last year .

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
They released the 240 diesel late last year i think (and the new petrol too).

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a 240 diesel, it's 12 months old. GOes like stink when you stomp the loud pedal. Being an auto it's perfect to drive. Never thought I'd be able to afford an Evoque but when we did the numbers it worked out we could afford to buy a 12 month old HSE Dynamic from a dealership. Haven't looked back

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yeah, I have the same, it is way quicker than my last 180 and don’t see any real difference in fuel consumption either. Unfortunately my wife has gone from being an auto hater to loving the Evoque ?

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
I have a 240 diesel, it's 12 months old. GOes like stink when you stomp the loud pedal. Being an auto it's perfect to drive. Never thought I'd be able to afford an Evoque but when we did the numbers it worked out we could afford to buy a 12 month old HSE Dynamic from a dealership. Haven't looked back
My last one was a 240, this one is 180. Not noticed much difference

·
Registered
585 Posts
The 240 bhp is the twin turbo version as fitted to the Discovery 5.
The petrol version has two powers, 240bhp and 290bhp.
Where the diesel scores is the torque, a bit pathetic on the petrol 240bhp and almost the same as the diesel 180bhp on the 290bhp petrol model.
The 240bhp diesel is potentially more economic if you don't exercise your right foot too much!
There is so much torque to get the vehicle off the line it really shows!

Ian

·
Registered
168 Posts
My last one was a 240, this one is 180. Not noticed much difference

This is the first one I've driven, I currently drive a 110 Defender as my daily drive, Mrs had a Volvo V60 R Design before the Evoque and before that a D3. We've had a LR product on the drive for the last 25+ years. Always 1 sometimes 2 and occasionally 3:surprise::surprise:.
Back to 2 now though. Makes life a bit cheaper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts