Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of adding Park Assist to my order but wondered how good it actually is. I have no doubt that my wife will use theEvoque when it eventually arrives and leave her mini on the drive so hence the consideration, but will this really benefit her when parking in town?

·
Registered
14 Posts
oh ..... an absolute yes & especially for men who can't parallel park .... but women can just enjoy the envious looks from male drivers
!!

I parked beautifully in the smallest space possible on the road today after 2 similar size (& perhaps smaller) cars had driven past. Free parking on the road & pay in the car park - so those driving past would have gone for the free space if they could, I'm sure.

Not to mention it is just plain good fun

starting to like this car again now .....40mpg on trip back from shopping too (9miles)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Absolute yes for me also! I tried it out in the dealers car and was well impressed about how easy it is and how it can get into a gap that I would not have perhaps tried without Park Assist!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have used itseveral times, but a word of caution, once it failed, tried to mount the curb!!!!!!!!
I would like to find out why, so i could avoid the situation again (very embarrassing)!

Overall though still great, it came with the lux pack!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think it's great and I deliberately hunt out spaces to test it - hasn't failed yet. Parked in a space today which I would not have attempted myself - yes I am a bit rubbish at parking and not afraid to admit it!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there,
i took delivery of my OG Dynamic lux last week and had trouble with park assist, so i read the manual and it states must leave between 0-5 and 1.5 metre distance from car you will be pulling up along side to begin the manouvre....after following this parks every time no problem

hope this helps......

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think its worth depends on how often you parallel park. I hardly ever do and therefore attach no value to it. That said, when I get my car, I will do a couple of practice runs to avoid looking like a complete dope.

For me, the surround camera system will be a more useful aid to parking and general low speed manoeuvring than the park assist.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
I'm seriously tempted by this option.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for
the reply, after careful consideration and analyzing how much we actually parallel
park I have now added the surround cameras instead.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would say that I am pretty good at parking and thought the park assist would just be another gadget. After a month with mine I use the park assist every time now and on many occasions I've cruised down a road looking for a space and been shocked by some of the gaps it selects and gets in.

I certainly value the park assist over the cameras but I wouldn't be without either of them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have the cameras and park assist. Tested it today to park in a gap between 2 open link fences. Thought it wouldn't work with them being open but it was fab. To park on the left accept the default but to park on the right signal right and it searches there.... Or so it seems....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in the same situation, order the park assist but now wondering if the surround camera's is a more flexible option. I guess I have a few weeks to make my mind up - the dealer did say the cameras can get condensation on them which naturally causes problems.

·
Registered
208 Posts
penarthguy said:
I'm in the same situation, order the park assist but now wondering if the surround camera's is a more flexible option. I guess I have a few weeks to make my mind up - the dealer did say the cameras can get condensation on them which naturally causes problems.

Two different benefits in my view. The park assist works really well - it's an impressive trick - and parks the car better than the average driver even if that driver had the benefit of cameras. However, the cameras are brilliant in different ways - really useful, if not essential, for reversing, and the 'kerb view' is ideal for forward parking in a tight space, passing opposing traffic in a narrow road, and avoiding low obstacles such as high pavement edges in tight manoeuvering. I wouldn't be without either, really.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Can't see anyone making a negative comment, which makes me start wondering if I should it or the camerasto my spec.

I must admit that I parallel park all the time, and just rely on the front and rear parking sensors on my current car. Also my dealer did not recommend the park assist as she said it was very slow (you could park it yourself much quicker), and also that if it tried to park between 2 cars that had been parked miles from the curb, then it would park itself miles from the curb as well.

I'm very critcal of drivers who can't manage to get anywhere near the curb when there is nothing around or those that abandon their car in a car park at (slight exaggeration) 45degrees to the parking spot, so am very conscious of this when I park. If the park assist parked it rubbish then I would not be a happy chap.

Has anyone experienced the problemsmy dealerquoted me? I am going to get another test drive, so as long as they have it fitted then I might need to give it a go.

·
Registered
208 Posts
smayo said:
Can't see anyone making a negative comment, which makes me start wondering if I should it or the camerasto my spec.

I must admit that I parallel park all the time, and just rely on the front and rear parking sensors on my current car. Also my dealer did not recommend the park assist as she said it was very slow (you could park it yourself much quicker), and also that if it tried to park between 2 cars that had been parked miles from the curb, then it would park itself miles from the curb as well.

I'm very critcal of drivers who can't manage to get anywhere near the curb when there is nothing around or those that abandon their car in a car park at (slight exaggeration) 45degrees to the parking spot, so am very conscious of this when I park. If the park assist parked it rubbish then I would not be a happy chap.

Has anyone experienced the problemsmy dealerquoted me? I am going to get another test drive, so as long as they have it fitted then I might need to give it a go.

Yes, it would park parallel to the cars and thus away from the kerb if the other cars were, although is that common? No, it isn't slow - in a tight spot I'd say it was quicker, and done in less manoeuvres.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My wife and I have both used Park Assist on my Prestige and am very impressed indeed. All of the comments so far have been spot on. You have to do it to believe its as good as said. I used it the other evening in a crowded London street with a smallish gap and, straight in, no issues or hassle. I have the cameras as well and I think that both are the optimum choice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The one time I used the park assist to show it off to someone, it mounted the kerb! It's been fine every other time, though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Park assist is good & parks quickly with less back & forward than you might do without it. Only problem that I have had is other drivers who don't seem to believe that even though I am indicating, that I really am going to try & park in the space and so have driven right up behind the car preventing me from reversing! That has happened twice recently & I've had to drive off & find another space.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts