Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Have been the proud owner of an Evoque ( Prestige SD4 Auto) for 2 weeks and am dissapointed to say i have acquired a stone chip in my Panoramic roof which has caused the glass to crack approx 14 inches. I have contacted Landrover who say its bad luck
and have now found out i have to claim off my Insurance as an accident (hence pay full excess and lose no claims).

Not what you would call a good start!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thats not good at all!

I've just phoned my insurance compay; Admiral, and they've just confirmed that they wont even cover it as a claim...let alone as a windscreen claim! So i've got to seriously think if its worth running the risk of getting the same issue.

Is it worth using this thread for other Panoramic Roof owners detailing their findings following a conversation with their insurance companies - We can already state that Admiral wont cover Pano Roofs for claims.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think that is unbelievable, i allready know the cost of a replacement glass is £1200.00 + VAT + fitting.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Good grief.... I am now considering whether to cancel my pano roof, as this surely will become commonplace if Mr P has experienced it within 2 weeks. I could not be bothered with the hassle, let alone the expense.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi
I don't have the panoramic roof, but when my car was two weeks old I was hit on the bonnet and roof from falling debris off a lorry, I got the company and number plate but they wont respond to my request to pay the damage.

Just proves, it's easy to damage the roof!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi,

Sorry to hear your bad luck,

If i were you i would pass on the information you have to your ins co and get them to chase for costs, you dont have anything to loose.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Luckily they are just scratches.
I see your location on the forum, so I keep clear of their lorries on the Aston Express Way now!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone spoken to Land Rover insurance? You'd very much expect them to cover it...
I have a Dynamic with Pan roof on order, so would be good to know if there are companies out there who do offer cover!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Out of interest how much does having a pano roof add to insurace quotes?? Given this info i would expect it to add a bit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sooty inform the Polce. That's shocking. You could use a witness tho

·
Registered
174 Posts
I ordered mine last month and wentfor a Prestige Firenze red one with a white contrasting roof. I decided against the panoramic roof as it distracts me when looking around. However, since my daughter is about 3 years old, she will have to spend quite some time back there and I wonder if I should change my order to include the panoramic roof. It's a bit silly to go for the white roof when you take a black panoramic roof. Maybe I should stick with my order. Reading this doesn't really encourage me to change my order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,My option is Firenze/Black Contrast with Panoramic glass, in my opinion the glass is more of anenhancementfor rear seat passengers,as a driver if you close the blind itdoesn'tseem to be much darker.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would argue that similar damage to anon glass roof would not come cheap??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In my opinion, i think a metal painted roof would have suffered considerably less damage, at most possibly a touch up job by Chipsaway or the likes costing roughly £120, and also wouldn't get worse like my growing crack which needs to get replaced asap.

Not wanting to scare anyone, just stating facts!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the panoramic roof on mine and in my opinion (even though my insurance does not cover the pano roof at all) it is well worth the risk as it transforms the interior.

However,I will ceratinly be changing my insurer upon renewal to ensure it is covered!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know its a bit late for Mr P but could you have a window tinting firm cover the pano roof with a clear film (or slightly tinted) as this may protect it a bit from stone chips?

The guy I bought an Audi off had this done on the side windows as he was worried about theives smashing the windows to get in, the film also holds the glass together if broken

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mr P said:
In my opinion, i think a metal painted roof would have suffered considerably less damage, at most possibly a touch up job by Chipsaway or the likes costing roughly £120, and also wouldn't get worse like my growing crack which needs to get replaced asap.

Not wanting to scare anyone, just stating facts!
From personalexperience companies like Chipsaway can do small stuff, but to bring a prestige car roofback to original state with warranty intact in my opinion would require a full respray.

A 14 inch crack on a glass roof must have been quite a stone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good news Insurance co agreed it would be a glass only claim, common sense prevailed after all

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've put in a formal request to Admiral to confirm whether a Pano roof is covered or not - they have replied and said that it is covered and is classed as a glass/windscreen claim so even better news.
So dont just take the word of the cretin you are speaking to over the phone...go higher up the chain to get the facts!

Panic over!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts