Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all you Evoquees!
I have owned Honda CRV~S for the last 4 years all with panoramic roofs (they are standard on the EX)I very rarely open the roof due to the british weather . In summer with blind open the car is too hot.In winter with the blind open the car is too cold,also you get condensation.There has been an 80% take up on orders for the panoramic roofs I wonder if they will be used! I had a Freelander 1 before the Hondas. I had to go back to landrover though after seeing the Evoque, It is the best looking car I have seen for years!!

·
10,626 Posts
Broady.

The Pan Roof is fixed glass with a electric sliding sun screen, it does not open.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Broady - interesting, I've had similar experiences with glass sunroofs and didn't order for similar reasons - and £790 for something the doesn't open anywhere seems a bit steep to me.
I think for those that have ordered Dynamics (shades of black interiors) and Pure/Prestige with black interiors the roof will add more light as the Evoque windows are relatively small.

I do wonder how much weight the roof and the frame that supports it adds - it can't be an insignificant amount as the roof is usually crucial for bodyshell stiffness. Without it the Evoque roof is aluminum and most probably very light in weight.

I wonder if the Pano roof and poor fuel economy issues are related?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Broady, you spoke about summer and winter. That leaves to periods you can use ithe pan roof: spring and autumn

I just orderded the roof because One off my previous cars, a peugeot 307SW had also a pan roof, similar to the one in the Evoque. You can close it when you like, you can open it, whenever you like. By wintersun? Or a rainy day in summer? And it looks great on a white evoque!

·
Registered
79 Posts
On collection the dealer told me the roof added 30kg to the advertised weight of the car. Hence the fuel economy would be slightly reduced as a result.

·
Registered
71 Posts
An additional 30 Kg? If you are that serious about the additional weight you have bought the wrong car!
An 1800 Kg (Including Driver and fuel) permanent 4 wheel drive SUVwith the Drag Coefficient of a barn door is never going to be good on Fuel - despite the 'Official figures'.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It will slightly get on my nerves if my 2.2 diesel evoque needs to visit the pump as frequently as the 4.4 litre engine that's driving the king sized vogue .. That merrily does 28 mpg ... So baby rangey should be well above that ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
In my mind it was the dealer giving a hint / excuse that the fuel economy wouldn't match the figures published.

Our SD4 prestige auto is doing 28mpg right now but most of that is short trips - 10 miles or less and so it's not a real surprise, we're off on a 100 mile single trip on Sat so will be interested to see how it does on that. If it does less than 35 I'd be disappointed as the SD Freelander we had on loan did 35 and that was a bigger heavier car. If it gets any nearer 40 then happy days!

The 30kg was for info as a result of someone commenting it adds weight but no quantitive figure so thought I'd add what I'd been told.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That would be a bit much right enough!
Anyhow I didn't want to turn the Pano roof thread into the MPG thread!

The Pano roof looks ace and, I believe, worth the additional outlay and weight gain. Perhaps I'll cut out the odd mice pie to compensate.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The roof is great and well worth the 30kg and even a couple of MPG. Just wish the fuel tank was at least 70 litres as it cant do 43mpg. Rob, if you are an easy driver you will get 34 is my bet!

·
Registered
119 Posts
If the Pano roof at 30kg affects mpg that much, when I get in it with my slightly expanding middle aged girth I will end up with about 10mpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all, just a quick one on the weight and mpg talk, just think 60liters = 60kg (since water has a density of 1kg/L). Eco-tyres offer a 20% reduction in rolling resistance which equates to a 5% fuel saving. And checking your tyre pressure, Usually air escapes at around 2lb of air per month check them every month. If you want to safe on fuel don't fill your fuel tank up and always check your tyre pressures and choose manual not auto. (The tyre pressure monitoring system won't pick up on 5 or 6 psi drop in pressure)
In short if it bothers you Keep your pan roof and half fill your tank problem solved gain 30 kg loss 30 kg

Sorry to bore you all

·
Registered
47 Posts
Me thinks you need to get out more!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh crap - first day driving my 4d diesel dynamic lux .. And I am getting 26 -28 mpg . Less than the 4.4 vogue .!!That's just utterly ridiculous . Even if I did check my tyre pressures every time I stopped , only filled my tank up 10% full ,emptied my bowels and bladder , cut my nails and dressed in extra lightweight clothing before I got in the car- I still think I would be achieving an utterly ridiculous mpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Your right hammie2k I defo need to read less and drink more duly noted bud ma bad. Jimbobarelli legendary made me giggle good stuff

New Year resolution: more time in the woods and less time in the Library lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts