Evoque Owners Club banner

Would Evoque owners recommend getting the fixed glass roof or not?

• Yes - the panoramic roof is a must!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - don't bother!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive ordered a Evoque and i want the roof but my misses thinks its a waste of money etc. Evoque owners who have it, would you order it again now you have expierenced it or would you leave it off. Evoque owners who dont have the roof would you purchase it now you have expierenced your car without it?

Ive also got 2 other queries in which i would like suggestions on by Evoque owners so please look at these Polls as i look forward to your views

Many Thanks

Paul

Edited by: Evoque Down Under

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi fenn05,

I definitely agree with Ratbo. Not got ours yet but it was a definite MUST on our spec!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to be controversial I hate the pano roof. My car wont have one but I have been in a couple with the pano roof. If the advertising gurus had called it a "non opening, double sized sunroof" would you be as keen to pay for the privilege. From the inside looking up at it reminds me of a Citroen 2CV

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BobM said:
Just to be controversial I hate the pano roof. My car wont have one but I have been in a couple with the pano roof. If the advertising gurus had called it a "non opening, double sized sunroof" would you be as keen to pay for the privilege. From the inside looking up at it reminds me of a Citroen 2CV
All opinions welcome. As mentioned i like the fixed glass roof although the misses isnt that keen on it. For me being over 6ft tall, when sitting in the back it makes the car feel like their is more headroom. I would assume it is really toughened glass and prob had been test crashed in case a car was to turn over onto its roof? Either way thanks for all your opinions , please keep them coming

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not a fan of the glass roof myself. Not ordered.
SD4 Auto Prestige coupe in Havana with expresso & Ivory Int. Adaptve Xennons, auto-dimming rear view, spare wheel

·
Registered
186 Posts
I personally think the pano roof is a must have. Just before ordering I sat in cars with and without it. There was no doubt in my mind that it is worth the money.

·
Registered
208 Posts
fenn05 said:
For me being over 6ft tall, when sitting in the back it makes the car feel like their is more headroom.

Not only does it feel that there is more headroom, there is, in fact, more headroom as well!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not for me,I have one at the moment in my CRV .Cold in winter warm in summer and is only useful for people in the back.Also adds weight and I'm sure it wouldn't help in a crash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agree with the previous comments - I drove one with and without and it made a huge difference to the interior giving ita light and airy feel. Plus my children both preferred it in the back with the extra light as the windows are small and it can feel a little closed in without the panroof. But guess it depends if you are going to have passengers or not...

·
Registered
99 Posts
It might not matter much whilst demand is as high as it is now but I expect the panroof will be a big player in the residual value as time goes by.
I agree it makes the car feel much airier and complete.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had one on my HSE discovery and loved it. so made sure i ordered the evoque with one.

opens up the interior - especially if you go for the black leather

lee

·
Registered
37 Posts
I feel it's a must have....although it came with my pkg set up.

I would not get it however, if I had to install the roof racks for utility or storage.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
I would say if you have the coupe it is a must.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Rarely have the kids in the back (well adults really as they are 17 and 22) but it opens the inside right up. My son is 6ft 4 and he sits in the back with ease as the Pano gives an extra bit of headroom with the blind open. My only question is why have the blind, we never close it and have the solar attenuating glass. It is a must have.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not ordered the pano roof. My dealer said he didn't think it was worth the money particularly since nothing opens. It's certainly an expensive option and I wondered if you end up squinting a lot on bright days with too much light. I agree with another post here that I have my doubts about it's safety when it comes to crash worthiness.

I also suspect it will show the dirt when not washed regularly....mind you it will allow you to get those bird droppings off easily without marking the paintwork.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was still in doubts, but after reading these posts I will not change my order and go without the panoramic roof. I didn't like it while driving and the added risk when having an accident is not worth it.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts