Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had it confirmed that Tesco Bank who are the insurers of my car do not cover the panoramic roof for damage, and say I can't get it covered even by making an additional payment :-(

Anyone else had any experience here - found an insurance company which will insure the Pano Roof?

Thanks

Keith

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, minutes after my conversation with Tesco bank, they have now rung me back and told me that the panoramic roof IS covered, but under general accidental damage and not in the same way the windscreen is covered. Oh well - top marks for the girl who queried this and got back to me so fast :)

Keith

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wouldn't that mean a normal claim so higher excess and loss of NCB? Probably be cheaper in the long run to not claim surely?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe that LV has a policy that covers the Pano roof under the 'Glass' section of the policy and the excess is £140. Many other companies that offer cover will treat it as 'Bodywork' and apply the mandatory plus voluntary excesses - which can make it quite costly!
Edited by: Armanaleg

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
keithwalter said:
Well, minutes after my conversation with Tesco bank, they have now rung me back and told me that the panoramic roof IS covered, but under general accidental damage and not in the same way the windscreen is covered. Oh well - top marks for the girl who queried this and got back to me so fast :)

Keith
General accidental damage does that mean 'stone chip smashing the glass damage' or not?

I would question that, and if you are not really covered, then it is time to change insurance companies.

EDIT (checked search facility to remind myself).....Someone on here told me to look at LV (Liverpool Victoria) as panoramic roof is included, so will be checking next year with them. At present I pay £40 extra with the insurance company I am with that covers cracked panoramic roof.

http://www.lv.com/upload/abc/KF_Car_Fully_Comp_Layout%201.pdf

See... glass Cover for sunroof.

Edited by: colin4x4

·
Registered
822 Posts
colin4x4 said:
http://www.lv.com/upload/abc/KF_Car_Fully_Comp_Layout%201.pdfSee... glass Cover for sunroof.

Seems quite comprehensive, I'll give them a shout when my current cover runs out.

Also like it when an insurance company tries to 'get down with the kids' with a bit of street-talk
>> 'If
yo do not use our approved windscreen company...."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just took out cover with LV and can confirm the roof is covered along with the windscreen so a claim does not affect NCD.Also for me they came up as the cheapest cover on go compare so happy days !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just back from Switzerland at the end of July having had a stone fall and crack the Pano. It took a week or so (and a few phonecalls) for Admiral to authorise Autoglass to undertake a replacement (under the windscreen insurance). The problem now is that Autoglass are saying it could take a month or so for them to obtain the glass.
Against the main dealer quote to replace @ £2.5k - one week, the £75 excess but a long wait looking favourable.

·
10,626 Posts
I think the short term answer is DuckTape.

At least you were covered.

·
Registered
822 Posts
restyler said:
colin4x4 said:
http://www.lv.com/upload/abc/KF_Car_Fully_Comp_Layout%201.pdfSee... glass Cover for sunroof.
Seems quite comprehensive, I'll give them a shout when my current cover runs out.
Just signed up with LV via the Go-compare site.
Had a quote of £387 when I rang them, but that went down to £350 for the same cover online.

Interestingly, I also gave Direct Line a call, (whodon'tappear oncomparisonwebsites), and they say they now Will Not insure any Evoque without an approved tracker fitted !!

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
restyler..... thats strange as I have no tracker and am already insured by direct line ... runs out Nov and have already had a quote in.... checked twice as well the pano roof is covered under glass or windscreen but I did check lol .... been with them for years maybe that makes a difference....

Have you tried landrover they cover pano and it was just as cheap as direct line for me anyway... :)

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Restyler, happened to me last week with Aviva.....I had to have a tracker fitted ..... Very impressed with it to be honest....All insurance companies will be going that way soon.....

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
In my opinion - LR can't currently give the certainty that insurance companies are looking for on security of their vehicles - so insurance companies are being forced to take these steps so they should be adding the tracker as a standard feature - they could build it into the price without us knowing. To me it would be a good selling point - as the general public consensus is that RR is an easy vehicle to nick!
Edited by: Spiderman

1 - 20 of 28 Posts