Evoque Owners Club banner

1281 - 1299 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I see it's rapidly changing with places like Superdrug and Boots opening a couple of stores for vaccination to start with.
Hopefully the more places that open the wait will be reduced.

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, Volvo 850R
2,299 Posts
Asda announced yesterday they'll be doing vaccinations

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,977 Posts
Using Doink's calculator I'm due it mid March :)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Asda announced yesterday they'll be doing vaccinations
I hope they’re better at injections than they are at stacking shelves. 🤪

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Well, I'm in the 'almost oldest farts' group (75+) and my surgery has advised 'don't ring us, we will ring (or text) you when you are due for an appointment'.
I don't mind waiting - but I think all the frontline people ( postmen, police, etc) should be well in the front of the queue, well ahead of us old farts who have had a good innings!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I agree, but I can see the argument that it’s the older people who are filling up the hospitals (mainly) so they want to try to reduce the number of bed fillers first.

·
Super Moderator
8,753 Posts
Job! Does that include doing what Mrs V tells me to do 24/7?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The mother in law had a phone call last Monday for the jab on Thursday, she's 80. I've had the surgery text as well....don't call us we'll call you, I'm a key worker but not frontline although I read this week that BT and Royal Mail have requested or are going to request that their staff be prioritized

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Had my first one 11 days ago and get my second a week Friday. 👍 God bless Saudi Arabia 😎

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
You can tweak the numbers which brings the waiting time down, I’ve messed with it & Im due for mine in 10 minutes with my second at tea time 👍

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,977 Posts
Also, although it says UK i think Scotland, Wales & NI are not included as they're on their own with regards getting it to the people. So England not UK

·
Super Moderator
2,606 Posts
Did you notice on that calculator, at 1mil people a week, 2 jabs with 70% uptake of population, it'll take 2 years...

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

For the record I'll wait my turn, much more people deserve to be vaccinated before me, I get it when its my turn

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
MY2020 Evoque D180 R-Dynamic SE
92 Posts
What will arrive first - @Dansam new Evoque or his vaccine appointment?

Reactions: Dansam

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think JLR will come good on that one 🤔

Reactions: Dansam

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
It's when JLR announce they're gonna start doing vaccinations that's when we worry

Reactions: Veteran and XZ4

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,568 Posts
The MIL got the call up for her jab last week. The SIL took her because she is working from home and my wife is still at work (in a hospital). Anyway, her time was 5:30 and she arrived early. Some community centre in Basildon. The car park was rammed and the MIL had to get in a queue outside that went round the block. She estimated about 200 people were in the queue. Most had just turned up without an appointment when word got out. All over 80 year olds and in temperatures of just 2°. SIL stayed in her car as they weren’t allowed to accompany them plus she didn’t want to risk it anyway. After 10 mins she phoned her mum. Hadn’t moved and one person had been in the queue since 4.00. No social distancing. SIL phoned my wife and she told her to pull her from the queue and take her home. What a **** up!

She's now been jabbed. Got it at 7.00 on Saturday night in her local community centre in Wickford purely by chance. Her mate and her husband went down there for the husband to get his follow up jab but he got the date wrong. The place was empty as they were about to close. His wife then asked if she could have her jab but she was only 74. "If you like" they said and got her to fill in the form and roll up her sleeve. She then cheekily asked if her mate could have hers too. "How quick can she get here?" They asked. As the MIL was only 5 mins away by car, she sent her husband round to get her while she was resting up after her jab. Straight in, filled in form, jabbed and all done. Follow up jab booked for April 5th. The MIL was the last one to be done that day - I suppose they had some left over due to no-shows.

·
Registered
386 Posts
What will arrive first - @Dansam new Evoque or his vaccine appointment?
Hopefully the Evoque as I can self isolate in it, while it’s plugged in to the home charger. Order from just eat... result:):)

Reactions: Bangor Mark

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,568 Posts
According to the calculator, my wife was due one in mid June. She's a NHS worker, admin, not patient facing but has just been given a slot for next Thursday. Apparently, all of the front line workers will be done this week and they have opened it up to all NHS workers. Some in her department are having theirs on Monday. Mind you, they have asked if any clerical staff are willing to help out in the wards and she has said she would. Not going near Covid patients but doing admin stuff that nurses normally do I think such as typing up discharge notes, booking transport home, phoning relatives with patient updates etc.

1281 - 1299 of 1299 Posts