Evoque Owners Club banner

1261 - 1280 of 1299 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,977 Posts
I don't know anyone who uses a land line at home anymore. All use mobile or whatsapp

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
We never use it, just a couple of elderly relatives/friends call us occasionally. It’s quite an event if the land line rings, usually running round trying to find the phone.

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, Volvo 850R
2,299 Posts
I have one but its free for us, free calls but don't have a phone, just use it for the free internet, free TV, free BT Sport, it has its uses working here

·
Super Moderator
8,753 Posts
Our eldest son often calls us on it from his mobile. We only use it to call Mrs V's sister every other weekend (free calls then)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My daughter (about to turn 16) has been studying really hard recently as mock GCSE's were due next week.
Looks like the GCSE's proper are not going to go ahead in May and will be done on assessment like last year.
There weren't any issues with that system last year in her school as most got the grades they were expecting.
Where prople can fall down is where they have "coasted" for the last few years expecting to study hard for the actual exams.
The relief in my house is palpable though.
🙂

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,268
This lockdown (lol) is pathetic
Construction working
All merchants open
Car showrooms open
Manufacturing open
Every buisness seems to be deemed essential in one way or other
In Scotland only essential repairs are allowed in customers houses... not happening loads out working.. other half cancelled , put back 3 big jobs involving kitchens walls down plastering , garage convertion, ... dosnt want fines and doesn’t any to be in a situation whereas all suppliers maybe get closed..and leaves customers without kitchen etc...apart from schools and hairdressers, clothes shops , pubs sit in restaurants it’s all open
Police can’t police it... impossible
Scunnered with it all going round in circles because of incompetence by our governments....
shut everything that’s not essential down now have national companies take on essential work ... kwickfit , Halfords for cars etc shutvthe rest
Construction is a joke all site canteens and toilets frozen this week , my youngest had no hot water to wash hands ... raging
Three weeks complete lockdown... so it can be policed .. no need to drive to exercise fukkking walkthis has gone on to long and nobody in power has the balls to shut it down , so it’s just prolonging it all... swear to god if I meet one of these conspiracy theorists that say it’s all a hoax the wards are empty I’m going to jail for assault ...
Rant over

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,269
Apparently there’s a lockdown protest in Edinburgh tomo ... I’d surround them with police horse vans dogs ... throw the entire police force at it and arrest every one of them ... fine them all £5k ...and stop there benefits .... put a stop to all these demonstrations...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Apparently there’s a lockdown protest in Edinburgh tomo ... I’d surround them with police horse vans dogs ... throw the entire police force at it and arrest every one of them ... fine them all £5k ...and stop there benefits .... put a stop to all these demonstrations...
I’ve said from the start, if a group of people meet to protest just get the water cannon from the local airports out for them. If they still don’t disperse then hit them with rubber bullets 🤬 fukwits the lot of them

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Stick a Covid spreader in the middle of the protesters and then deny them access to the NHS - and Tattoo them to say 'do not resuscitate"!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,753 Posts
The rapid test have been shown to be unreliable, missing about 50% of positive tests and giving positive results falsely. Apart from that it’s a good idea and a tool to cut infection rates. Safest thing is to follow the rules, which are now law, & stay at home except for the things which are allowed, work (unless you can work from home) food shopping, medical appointments, bubbles with elderly vulnerable people living alone. Stay home, saves lives, protect the NHS 👍

Reactions: Bangor Mark

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,562 Posts
Not good looking at the queuing going on as they start mass vaccinations...
80 and 90+ year olds standing in freezing weather, sometimes with questionable social distancing going on :(
The comments mention many haven't been out since Feb/March and now they are being exposed to this.

I look after my elderly Mum so expect to have to manage this soon.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My wife who works in a care home has just had the jab, it was organised by the local doctors to the home and all the staff went to the local football ground in turn at ten minutes slots, she said the place was empty all done within 15 Minutes.

I don't know anyone who uses a land line at home anymore. All use mobile or whatsapp
We do not get a mobile signal and with poor broadband we still use the landline a lot.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,276
Getting jab on Tuesday ...just wish they wouldn’t leave such a big gap between the two .... bit of a gamble IMO..

·
Super Moderator
8,753 Posts
I’m 72 next Tues & vulnerable. Hope I get my date soon

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Could be a little while yet... group 4 Vet.

1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
  2. all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
  3. all those 75 years of age and over
  4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
  5. all those 65 years of age and over
  6. all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
  7. all those 60 years of age and over
  8. all those 55 years of age and over
  9. all those 50 years of age and over

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I’m way down in group 7 🙁 My Mrs is in group 9 😱

·
Registered
2,299 Posts