Evoque Owners Club banner

941 - 960 of 974 Posts

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
883 Posts
My wife has two primary kids in her class who’s parents have tested positive for COVID-19 over the weekend...so what did the parents do...they sent their little angels into School this morning 🤷‍♂️🙄😷. I’ve asked the wife to sleep in the midget shed tonight 👌

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I would coat her liberally in anti bac before allowing her back in too 👍

Those kids shouldn’t be in school either, they should be sent home for the obligatory 14 days self isolation.

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
883 Posts
I would coat her liberally in anti bac before allowing her back in too 👍

Those kids shouldn’t be in school either, they should be sent home for the obligatory 14 days self isolation.
Agreed, and they were. It’s funny how grown adults that are classified as parents have zero common sense these days!

·
Registered
883 Posts
I’m chucking her in the spare room tonight after I’ve sprayed her down with 5ltrs of path-clear

·
Registered
983 Posts
I see project fear "2" is getting underway in the MSM.
Latest figures show during the height of the disease, 40% of those tested, tested postive.
Currently only 2% of those tested are coming back positive.
The total number of positives being thrown around need to be treated with caution when you compare with the stats above.
Likewise a better way is to look at deaths and hospital admissions.
Deaths for 67 milion are now in single figures most days.
The number of people in hospital is extremely low.
There's an enlightened proffessor of evidence based medicine at Oxford, Carl Heneghan who has been conducting studies and looking at similar studies in both Italy and Spain.
The sample from the test has to be multiplied a huge amount of times to establish if the virus is present.
Studies have shown these "positive" results are in many cases fragments of the virus left over from an infection which in most cases had no symptoms.
They don't make you infectious and the leftovers can still be present many weeks later hence why we see some people allgedly getting a "second" infection.
There needs to be a standardisation in the multiplication of samples to show who is currently infectious and the majority who still have non-infectious debris of the virus.
Have a look at some of his recent Youtube stuff and see someone talking sense based on actual studies using real evidence rather than press hyperbole and scare mongering.

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
Everything is pure double standards At the moment, hypocritical stances and do as I say, not do as I do!
its not just our so called leaders either.
”were only thinking of you” Bollocks

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
I don’t/cant wear a mask so I don’t go in shops (though I carry an exemption certificate which states I’m exempt). And I avoid crowds

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
This says it all

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
And as @PhilB pointed out above, the 10-49 age groups are the ones least likely to have any symptoms when they have the virus, so these positive tests are quite possibly ”false” positives, as they are leftovers from a previous infection.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
My wife has two primary kids in her class who’s parents have tested positive for COVID-19 over the weekend...so what did the parents do...they sent their little angels into School this morning 🤷‍♂️🙄😷. I’ve asked the wife to sleep in the midget shed tonight 👌
She’s a lucky woman to be married to someone as thoughtful as you commander, I hope she appreciates you.

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Just came back from a week in South Devon, based in Buckfastleigh. Been shielding so was very anxious about being out in public. Got to say that in general people appeared good on social distancing in tourist hot spots such as Dartmouth and Charlestown down in Cornwall. Weather crap and now home with man flue😩

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,112 Posts
Just came back from a week in South Devon, based in Buckfastleigh. Been shielding so was very anxious about being out in public. Got to say that in general people appeared good on social distancing in tourist hot spots such as Dartmouth and Charlestown down in Cornwall. Weather crap and now home with man flue😩
If you've caught the 'flu', perhaps distancing wasn't that good! 😬

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
If you've caught the 'flu', perhaps distancing wasn't that good! 😬
Regret hot hotel room windows open at night rain and wet. Never have this problem in Dubai lol

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
Off to Great Yarmouth for a week tomorrow, I’ve been shielding too so I’m going to be very careful. No crowded places for me. Going to Lands End for 4 days in November followed by 3 days in Devon on the way back. Again I’m going to be wary of crowded places

·
Registered
883 Posts
Is Great Yarmouth still a place? I went there about 32 years ago...I bet it’s not changed. Enjoy your people dodging trip and stay safe @Veteran 😷

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
Enjoy yourself Vet,
best way is to make up your complan the night before and take it with you each day.
make sure the tyres on your bath chair are inflated correctly as we don’t want Mrs V putting her back out!

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
Arrived safely In Norfolk. 2.5 hrs 120 miles 41 mpg. Happy with that.

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
Enjoy your break dear chum.buy Mrs V a stick of rock from me.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Enjoy your break Vet and remember to count your toes before you leave.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Off to Great Yarmouth for a week tomorrow, I’ve been shielding too so I’m going to be very careful. No crowded places for me. Going to Lands End for 4 days in November followed by 3 days in Devon on the way back. Again I’m going to be wary of crowded places
You'll be fine Vet, locals avoid non-locals "like the plague" down here, and won't be any crowds unless November is VERY different this year.

941 - 960 of 974 Posts