Evoque Owners Club banner

661 - 680 of 700 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Came across an interesting thing this morning.
I didn't know about it but there is an app that people downloaded (3 million apparently) to post if you had symptoms.
It's not the tracing app and apparently people posting symptoms actually got worse after lockdown.
Interesting to see how it has gone through the country (Bear in mind that these are people reporting symptoms not actual tests)
Five findings from the UK's biggest symptom-tracking app

AS regards the death figures the BBC released figures by age group for all deaths confirmed by a covid test up until the 8th May.
0-15..........3 deaths
15-44........448 deaths
45-64........4,160 deaths
65-74........6,340 deaths
75+...........30,135 deaths.

So as Donna points out this desease is severely affecting the elderly.
Just another bit of info as regards care homes.
60% of care homes have had no covid infections at all.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #662
This is what I don’t understand about the testing Maffy , I agree with you if you take the test the only way of it being deemed 100% successful is to isolate straight afterwards and stay isolated until the results come in ... if it’s negative then you would in theory have to stay isolated until it’s gone...or just have repeated tests it’s not very sensible ... although if you test positive ie the antibody test and you’ve had it then is it certain you can’t get it again or is it still with you meaning you’re spreading unknowingly...

·
Registered
995 Posts
Never mind Where’s Wally, where the f**k is Boris most of the time. He’s barely been seen in the last 2 months or more, no doubt still in recovery from his near death experience and sat in the back garden with baby Wilf.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
Phil B if this graph is correct and if they are Covid tested deaths then in theory the government is going for heard immunity but gradually as not to overwhelm NHS...
it’s that or the virus is no longer spreading as much ...ifs buts and maybes ...
We could put all the under 45s back to work....and furlough the over 45s ...the mind boggles

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #665
Never mind Where’s Wally, where the f**k is Boris most of the time. He’s barely been seen in the last 2 months or more, no doubt still in recovery from his near death experience and sat in the back garden with baby Wilf.
Writing a book....cooking up waffles..... maybe not a cookbook though

·
Registered
602 Posts
Not to put too fine a point on it Donna I think we were f**ked from day one which from many reports may well have been back in January.
The cat was already out of the bag.
There's an interesting article in the Speccie (Spectator) at the moment by a guy at the Crick Iinstitute who are looking at vaccines and immunity if you have had it.
He is saying that we never really develop herd immunity and apparently there were 4 covid viruses that we have all had during our lifetimes but we can still be infected with "seasonal" flu as our immunity diminishes over time and the viruses can mutate slightly each year.
It tends to either give us no symptoms or a very mild version.
I think it was 2014? when it mutated making the flu jab that year ineffective and we had a big loss of life.
Sars that was supposed to kill us all a few years ago but didn't hasn't mutated but he says it's a recent virus in immunology terms.
In his terms we won't have proper herd immunity without a vaccine.
Given the amount of resources going to a vaccine this time they are pretty hopeful and early results are encouraging.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Our gardener has returned from Portugal. He had all the virus symptoms there, was bed ridden for many days, was tested 3 times (yes 3!) there - the first was +ve, second -ve and the third +ve. so what does that tell you about the test??

Also, one of my son's consultant colleagues had the virus, his wife then displayed all the symptoms quite severly and was tested - guess what, she was -ve and given the all clear. She and her husband knew she had the virus so self - isolated.

I agree with Maffy (makes a pleasant change!) that the gorvernment can't win. The only people who do are those with no responsibility giving their opinions - especially those with a PhD in hindsight! and the Media ( especially the Badnews Broadcasting Company!!).

·
Registered
455 Posts
The office for statistics was showing an increased number of deaths in April above the average for that time of year as being over 50,000 when the official deaths from Covid was @36,000.

Rather than giving an exaggerated figure, this would suggest that the Gov is actually playing down the actual death rate.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #669
The lower number is cases that have been tested positive I believe , like Maffy and Phil say the others are wide open for interpretation some are being put down as Covid without tests as just showing symptoms ... I think

·
Registered
455 Posts
It’s the actual number of deaths recorded.

So, not sure what the total number is for April, but the number of actual deaths in April ABOVE what would be expected was 50,000. So for example if they expect 8000 deaths in April in a normal year, there was 58000 recorded, meaning 50k more than there should be.
Gov figures were only 36,000 so it just doesn’t add up.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
215 Posts
"There are lies, damned lies & statistics" as somebody once said, I'm sure the only 'accurate' way is to measure the amount of deaths over the 'expected' level of deaths, afterwards, but this depends on governments being honest with the people, something that some governments might not be in favour of.
As an example, just looked at the figures for Russia on the

ArcGIS Dashboards

site and it says that they have had Confirmed: 335,882 cases, with "only" 3,388 deaths,something amiss there me thinks.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
The 36000 are deaths registered that have confirmed positive Covid test

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #673
"There are lies, damned lies & statistics" as somebody once said, I'm sure the only 'accurate' way is to measure the amount of deaths over the 'expected' level of deaths, afterwards, but this depends on governments being honest with the people, something that some governments might not be in favour of.
As an example, just looked at the figures for Russia on the

ArcGIS Dashboards

site and it says that they have had Confirmed: 335,882 cases, with "only" 3,388 deaths,something amiss there me thinks.
Russia is a perfect example as is China to use as countries wanting to falsify figures....I bought a size 6 dress from China once and it fitted me 😂😂😂😂

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,071 Posts
Russia is a perfect example as is China to use as countries wanting to falsify figures....I bought a size 6 dress from China once and it fitted me 😂😂😂😂
6 😲. 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #676 (Edited by Moderator)
Lol whilliam she like me blonde eats loads and doesn’t get bigger 😜

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
The problem with these figures is as per my last post-so many are NOT covid deaths, rather as a result of spurious death cause recording!!!
Distorted the figures immensley.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #678
But the official 36000 one claim there have been tested? And the 60k figure is a guesstimate?

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
We've had cases that have tested negative just prior to death but positive at Post Mortem!!! etc etc etc etc
Figures are not correct.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #680
If that’s the case it’s impossible to put figures out there in first place , might of done us all a favour and said it like it is and not left themselves defending numbers that will never be accurate

661 - 680 of 700 Posts