Evoque Owners Club banner

641 - 660 of 700 Posts

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Well called other half at my break ... seems like sturgeon is going to be easing it slightly next week ... doesn’t look like it’s as much as in England ... can’t travel far to exercise etc, phase 1&2 of six phases to get construction sites open which he thinks is just health and safety measures ...nothing about being able to get into customers houses for non essential work so he a bit pissed off..... on the other hand has a rounds of golf arranged for most days as soon as they can get on courses
Course my son is duty manager is at is open again. 2 courses but only 9 holes (front or back on either course). Club house is closed though.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
It's OK Vet, you can find the story within Google news and happy to say she is a normal sized Russian not a pot bellied Glaswegian midget-Phew!!!;)😱

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
😱😱😱😱Maffy no pot belly here thanks been doing my sit ups and keeping it under control .... but dammed hard with the amount of chocolates at work but have been good for a week or so now....anyway she’s flabby and no tan😂

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
And she's Russian, pale and spotty no doubt whilst stinking of garlic and vodka. (Just veterans type I think) by the way who wears undercrackers like that-not sexy at all.!!!!
and those glasses, Don't get me started!!!!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #647
And our ppe isn’t that good...

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
With under crackers like that it would need to be fully opaque!!!

I got some dispo gowns coming in-fantastic quality.
Visors,
Sanitiser
N95 Masks
Bags

going to be busy again!!!!

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,879 Posts
Welcome back Maffy!
Not been on for a few days but I can see that you’ve been posting like a madman.
Sold the Merc and bought a Landy during lockdown??

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
Thank you CBY, Not a chance, but just love the landy's anyway and the wit, banter and friendship on this forum is like no other.
Wasn't sure but glad I returned.
I have a lot of catching up to do.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,879 Posts
Yes lots of posts just in the last few days, but not half as many as when you, Donna and Vet were in full swing 👍👍👍👍

I was thinking of the proverb with the return of the prodigal son 😃

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #652
Lol Claybuster....... Maffy and the LGBT technicolour dream coat....

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
It's OK Vet, you can find the story within Google news and happy to say she is a normal sized Russian not a pot bellied Glaswegian midget-Phew!!!;)😱
You do like to live dangerously Maffy, but you‘re in the right business for “mates rates” 🤣

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
And she's Russian, pale and spotty no doubt whilst stinking of garlic and vodka. (Just veterans type I think) by the way who wears undercrackers like that-not sexy at all.!!!!
and those glasses, Don't get me started!!!!
I’ve passed your message to Mrs V. Not happy!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
No longer looking at adverts on the telly, all you get now is each advert stating their slant on covid this and covid that, its a strange dream or nightmare to me.... ad break is now like, stay 2 metres away from your plate of sausages, stay safe eating those chocolates, stay alert with this perfume, we have up put barriers up in our supermarket to help you get lost....Yes, Its bad enough with 24/7 covid news, but now we have crazy adverts are doing it, Grrrh!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #656
Pandemic is a term that incites worry and panic, it just means it's word-wide.
People should just get on with living life, It's a virus, hardly a deadly virus, just a virus like the flu, unpleasant for most that get it but can be more serious for those more vulnerable.
It seems a bit ridiculous to be putting folk in strict quarantine for a suspicion of 'maybe' being in contact with another 'maybe' carrier, just let it do it's thing, the majority infected might feel mild symptoms for a few days and then, I presume, will be immune.
If it was a seriously life threatening situation, then maybe this kind of reaction is justified, but what's the point of so much disruption for something that will be looked back on as a massive over-reaction.
That's my viewpoint, don't forget to sterilise your keyboard after responding!!!
(70% alcohol based hand sanitisers are better than any higher %).
Would be interested to know after this thread was started three months ago your views on it now ... lots think it is time to end lockdown completely.... when you see all the pictures over last two days do we think that for some reason the virus is no longer capable of spreading.... or has the GOV after basically not doing a very good job started with controlled herd immunity as that’s the way it looks to me down south...just really interested in how others see it

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
I generally still think the same, whilst somewhat serious it took on a life of it's own and grew like mad

Over pumped by the media and sensationalist headlines-the biased BBC, CNN-The world is doomed, Scaremongering on a huge scale.

Figures that Joe Public read as the end of the world, yes I am very sorry for those that have died but there was one bloke who's father had died at 101 years old and his family were saying it was the governments fault as it wasn't his time 101 Years OLD- When was him time then?

Serious sense of realism needed overall.

Just saying.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well said Maffy.
Of course if you start challenging the stats on deaths and infections you are being insensitive.
There is talk about "fake news" in the media.
Someone said that also includes leaving out information that waters down your original "doom" story as it isn't convenient.
We are in a tricky time right now as we try and come out of this epidemic.
So good news (and it is out there) tends to be kept buried.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #659
Do you think the Gov have handled it well?
Do you think that social distancing measures and the R rate is low enough to relax lockdown?
Are we confident that being as this started with a few cases and spread rapidly that it’s not going to cause a second wave ?
The economy is going to be devastated we all know this now and the approach seems to be minimising the spread slowly in the way that lockdown is being eased, my worry is that looking at pictures of beaches parks etc that it’s clear that many have just thought to hell with this and carried on as normal , many of the British public are nowhere near sensible enough to comply as they deem themselves minimal risk... this will in theory just cause herd immunity and the original sacrifice of lockdown , economy, whilst determining how many would die makes the whole exercise a very expensive monumental fff up
Don’t know the answer, don’t think Government do either , but the way it’s going it’s going to be around a lot longer as we as a country can’t afford not to be back out there...unfortunately I do believe that those with underlying health problems are being put at enormous risk as are our elderly, which I find unexceptable , we can’t keep them locked away forever, yet we don’t know if staying in lockdown until R is down to a minimum is going to take how long?
So now it is about the economy and letting us out gradually as a experiment while watching the R rate .. that they have control of , that can be manipulated as other numbers ie tests , ppe, deaths have been
Depressing times ahead, folks

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
Correct PhilB, the stats just don't add up, I know of MANY MANY cases where the Doctors have simply put down a death due to "Covid" as a convenience as the paper trail has been slackened during this time.
What wasn't reported generally was the "normal" death rate and all deaths were added to the final total-unfortunatley many of the people who did lose their lives, would probably have died anyway..
I had a Covid test three weeks ago, I am STILL awaiting the result, Mrs M had one same time-her results came back not conclusive so had to have another and was thankfully clear, however after leaving the test site we could have picked up the virus anywhere on the way home, filling station, etc etc so it really is more of a mental placebo putting these tests out there.
If you are tested you should be locked down (I hate that phrase) fully and I mean fully, almost bricked up into your home otherwaise next venture forth could result in an infection and the cycle begins again.

Very difficult for the govenment, damned if they do but damned if they don't-I wouldn't like to be in that position thats for sure.
People are now moaning about the Nightingale hospitals not being used!!!! imagine the outcry if they had been full or not provided in the first place.

Rant over for this morning.

641 - 660 of 700 Posts