Evoque Owners Club banner

261 - 280 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
The economy will take a hit regardless , lives can be saved if isolation is adhered too , the amount of time it takes to eradicate the virus is just being prolonged if the isolation isn’t a full lockdown ,....
Lives before profit ,economy, share the countries wealth equally im time of crisis and cut down the risk of Front line staff getting infected and then can’t treat people ffffff simple ... no one working person is worth no more than another at this point in time .... so the damaged economy will just have to be ....stocks and shares , pensions all taking a hit worldwide.... my other half won’t get a penny for the duration And couldn’t give a shite as were ok for money but feel sorry for those without .....right now is no time to worry about having to isolate as the country is seeing without food production ,supermarket workers lorry drivers, this country would grind to a halt .... this and a lot on minimum pay , the world will change after this people might value people more, and be paid accordingly.... extraordinary times

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's the problem
The economy will take a hit regardless , lives can be saved if isolation is adhered too , the amount of time it takes to eradicate the virus is just being prolonged if the isolation isn’t a full lockdown ,....
Lives before profit ,economy, share the countries wealth equally im time of crisis and cut down the risk of Front line staff getting infected and then can’t treat people ffffff simple ... no one working person is worth no more than another at this point in time .... so the damaged economy will just have to be ....stocks and shares , pensions all taking a hit worldwide.... my other half won’t get a penny for the duration And couldn’t give a shite as were ok for money but feel sorry for those without .....right now is no time to worry about having to isolate as the country is seeing without food production ,supermarket workers lorry drivers, this country would grind to a halt .... this and a lot on minimum pay , the world will change after this people might value people more, and be paid accordingly.... extraordinary times
The problem is Donna that is you damage the economy then the inflation that will come will take lives, suicide numbers goes up, people cannot afford to eat well enough or look after themselves so they die earlier. Its a balacing act. There is n o right answer.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Holiday to Dubai on May 24th wont go ahead. Virgin saying vouchers will be available, Im not sure about refunds at the moment. If necessary Hilton being flexible as is Emirates. I'm not sure about Gatwick fast track and lounge still to be sorted. Our hotel and parking at Gatwick giving vouchers. Trouble is when do you rebook? October or November who knows.
TBH not worried about the money IF we come thru this in one piece I'll be happy.
Please guys do everything you can to stay safe. Keep washing your hands etc (I'm doing it to Gloria Gaynors " i will survive") Got more wrinkles now than I ever had and that's saying something.
God bless and good luck to us all.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
That's the problem

The problem is Donna that is you damage the economy then the inflation that will come will take lives, suicide numbers goes up, people cannot afford to eat well enough or look after themselves so they die earlier. Its a balacing act. There is n o right answer.
Think the economy is going to be damaged worldwide regardless....my point is after this is over I think wages should be on a level playing field there’s band 2 NHS workers on frontline earning £17k and putting themselves at risk while management can work from home for 100k , I’m using NHS as a example but through all professions it’s much the same ...now people will realise the country depends on all workers to it to work..... my point is at the moment people need to know primarily they can afford to eat ... basically live so instead of giving 80% just put £100 a week in everyone’s account.... freeze main utility bills ,rent, etc
the thing where one person is entitled to more than another in time of crisis is selfish,

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
NOBODY is safe until everyone is safe..... that’s the way to look at this .....that includes helping all the poor countries ...

·
Registered
189 Posts
And of course if you buy JLR, you are not only buying British, but you are helping to keep car repairers in business for years to come 🤔

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Well the Chinese have just sold £480million of ppe to Spain.... wow billion face masks stocked ...funny that

·
Super Moderator
2,365 Posts
I was saying much the same earlier today Donna, everyone that is not being paid should receive a food allowance until the lockdown is released, simple single payment per person in an unpaid family regardless, this is about keeping people alive while starving the virus of means to spread.

We cant be sure now building herd immunity will be safe for the young and healthy anymore as I see a fully healthy 21 year old has died from it in High Wycombe.

On the happy side, managed to get holiday dates rearranged, have gone for September as same price bracket as May, just hope some normality has returned by then!!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I was saying much the same earlier today Donna, everyone that is not being paid should receive a food allowance until the lockdown is released, simple single payment per person in an unpaid family regardless, this is about keeping people alive while starving the virus of means to spread.

We cant be sure now building herd immunity will be safe for the young and healthy anymore as I see a fully healthy 21 year old has died from it in High Wycombe.

On the happy side, managed to get holiday dates rearranged, have gone for September as same price bracket as May, just hope some normality has returned by then!!!
Well the Chinese have just sold £480million of ppe to Spain.... wow billion face masks stocked ...funny that
Hi Donna,
Not only that see:Air Pollution in World: Real-time Air Quality Index Visual Map
You will notice that USA + almost no pollution meaning no production & China Lots of red on the map their industry is flat out again selling to the world ….. as you say "Funny that???)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Well the country may be going to pot, we are all locked up in our houses, and the binmen have not turned up to empty the bins, but I still have to pay the council tax next week. grrh!

PS....You never see people having to pay council tax in a disaster movie!

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Spain must have something that the Chinese want!!! Just like Serbia last week--certainly NOT humanitarian aid thats for sure.
All over Africa there are new airports, Motorways etc, built by the Chinese in return for their Mineral/Gold/Diamond mines etc-there is always a catch-seen it plenty of times.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Well can leave a bit later to get too work this morning roads are quiet.... ppe , etc delivers not tourned up yesterday ... had to go up round the wards for spare masks for ny dept...
I wish our government would just simplify things ... so much red tape .... there’s warehouse full of it ... my other half said he can get three vans drive to wherever with friends pick it up for us ... they are trained in ppe for site work!!
Just give us relevant paperwork make a call and we will go!.... simples
The government has no means of processing claims at present , the software for it isn’t set up ... they can put money into each bank and the computer then pays every with a account 100 a week how simple no staff hardly involved no risk to worker no irate worried people no jammed phone lines ... how many people in country work ? 40 million no idea so 400 million a month .... he might even get change from his 320 billion ...

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
The other half thinks the Chinese have done it all on purpose ... there’s loads of conspiracy theories flying about but it does seem weird they have that amount of masks and ventilators sanitizer in stock ?.... who the hell stockpiles a billion face masks? Secondly as it’s primarily come from China you would think they would give them away for free in the present climate ... something defo dodgy about it all,,, Like I said if there found out and it is there fault or a experiment the billions / trillions there owed by other countries shouldn’t be paid .... won’t go as far as my othe half .... but it involved missiles
And he thinks they have a vaccine .... they’re going for world domination

·
Registered
65 Posts
...my point is after this is over I think wages should be on a level playing field there’s band 2 NHS workers on frontline earning £17k and putting themselves at risk while management can work from home for 100k...
I do not have any problem with that Donna, I didn't even before Corona. Managerial and director pay of public institutions is excessive. It should not be equal but levelled.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
You forgot booze & shell suits CB

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Ok ok people that receive a salary ie the ones that work if people are already getting universal credit or benefits it’s paid into bank already ..... surly a bank can set up a website like they have for mortgages holidays and if you want the weekly monthly payment it’s there

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
(y) ;) :unsure: :)

261 - 280 of 431 Posts