241 - 260 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
She knows now, I just told her!!!!!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Beginning to see the effects psychologically on people already. Two incidents this week, 1...in Aldi a guy went nuts screaming out the two meter rule, and shouting "get back get back", and the manager told him to quieten down or get out. 2..In post office the woman behind the till handled my car tax renewal form and my payment in cash as though it was an unexploded bomb, even though she had latex gloves on. Wish i could have taken a picture of her face. And this is only day one of the lockdown :(

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Yup, Crackers isn't it, people have lost interperesonal; skills, it's all ME, ME ME!
The world has gone mad.

meanwhile was in London Sunday and back again last night-as if nothing is happening!!! Time for a cull from nature!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Well I was in the garden today and a starling went ape$hit when I didn’t have any spare bread, what’s it going to be like after 5 or 10 weeks? The worlds gone mad!

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
At that point Dear veteran, you will be eating Starlings!!!! better fatten them up in the mean time.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I’m putting bar b que sauce on the cats food just in case. I'm marinating it from the inside 🐈 😈😈

·
Registered
132 Posts
Maybe find something to attract pigeons (or pheasant if you're in t'country).... more meat and far more tastier than starlings (or cats) !!!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I’ve eaten worse. Nobody in the catering corps every passed the exam 😳

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
As it is spawning season, gather as many frogs as you can and boil them gently, adding a little seasoning to your own taste, they can make, when blended, wonderful soup or an attractive garnish to roasted meats and raw fish.---Enjoy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
After several trips to Thailand to visit my son who lives out there, I have seen that they literally eat anything that moves.

funnily enough, they seem to have sorted the virus problem out there......

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Corerect, a good friend of mine is there visiting his family, he was telling it was very well organised and calm.-they have experinced th Tsunami so have some great understanding of what these things can turn into.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I think I will pass on Lunch today. o_O

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
According to news info, this covid 19 started in China because in certain provinces were prone to eating bats as a delicacy which had the virus, and has now crossed over to humans. I'm beginning to wonder what our haggis could do to us?

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #256

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Well one of my collugues now confirmed .....
Get this country locked down properly..... stay in ..." don’t go out ..... you think that it looks dire in Italy and Spain .... we will be worse ... it’s gone past the point of worrying about going out to earn money ...
By going out you are adding to the number of deaths .....
Government your morons get it locked down to all but really essential workers .... get everyone inside on isolation now it will save 10000s of lives the longer you prolong it the longer it will go on....
I’m now seriously worried at work .... when I see these idiots on trains , sitting in parks , having fffff bbqs .... bring in the military get off the streets you fffff morons....
We need to be locked down tightly two weeks ago ... ffff the economy Boris tooo late you pleb , your help you’ve offered has got more loop holes in it than a ffff teabag ..... nobody can get through .... nobody should need too ... just put money in the banks and give everyone enough for a weekly shop for a while .... cancel all direct debits put the country on hold for the interim sort the mess out later noes not the time , you’re murdering people .... get a grip

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I agree with you Donna. (y) (y) (y) Stop people gathering.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Problem is if you lockdown for too long or too hard then you kill the economy which shortens lifespans. The magic money tree also only lasts for so long and then you have inflation, which also shortens lifespans. A delicate balancing act that regardless of what is done causes early death.

Sometimes you just have to remember that it is a cotton wool world we live in. Sometimes **** just happens. We have to deal with it the best we can, and not the best we hope someone else can provide for us.

241 - 260 of 431 Posts