Evoque Owners Club banner

P300e - Road Tax rate

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nicko16 
#1 ·
As our P300e was over the Government's £40,000 purchase price limit, it means there is a surcharge on the road tax (after year 1) for 5 years.

So although we paid no tax for the first year (only the statutory £55 registration fee), the tax payable for years 2 to 6 currently stands at £480/year!

I make that £310 a year more expensive than our old 2.2 diesel "pollution machine". So much for going green, a "nice" extra £1,550 for Sunak's black hole. :rolleyes:

#3 ·
The envy tax - what joy! I went into my purchase with my eyes wide open about the very high annual tax.

The first year tax on my P250 was sort of lost in the deal, but I know it will still hurt every year!

Does seem crazy to penalise the electric/hybrid cars in this way, when trying to encourage people to go electric.

Reactions: 4ndy
#4 ·
That's been the argument for a while, they tell you to buy a diesel then wait a few years till most had bought one then tax the hell out of them, then they tell you to go hybrid/EV then they come up with the envy tax for cars over 40k knowing full well any hybrid/EV worth owning will exceed 40k, won't be long now before all the EV owners get blamed for increased pollution from power stations and a hike in taxes, then they'll tell everybody to buy hydrogen cars and then start taxing you for causing local flooding

Reactions: Col_C and 4ndy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.