Evoque Owners Club banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic HSE MY20.5 Firenze red Sliding sun roof
39 Posts
I've never disabled the auto stop / start, it's always charged without that in save mode. Are you getting electric pull off when towing in save, I had it a few times now which makes for a nice and steady pull with the van on.
Thanks. I’ll try to get mine to recharge an exhausted battery on my next long journey on Friday.

And yes my Evoque normally starts off in electric mode when set to Save mode (both solo and towing). It even manages to do this when the indicator says the battery is empty! Gives a very gentle pull away - much better than I could do with my left foot on a clutch pedal, and no smell of burning clutch!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can confirm my20.5 evoque charges up when in save mode. I’m surprised at how quick it charges it too, but it does dent the fuel economy by 10mpg ish
I tried to get my MY20.5 to recharge a depleted battery during a drive from Newcastle to Sheffield yesterday by putting it in Save mode but it didn’t do anything. Might this be because a made a stop on the way? How long do I need to have it in Save mode before it starts recharging?
(I stopped at Wetherby Services and tried to recharge using the new Gridserve charging stations but failed to get it to start the charge!)

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
56 Posts
I tried to get my MY20.5 to recharge a depleted battery during a drive from Newcastle to Sheffield yesterday by putting it in Save mode but it didn’t do anything. Might this be because a made a stop on the way? How long do I need to have it in Save mode before it starts recharging?
(I stopped at Wetherby Services and tried to recharge using the new Gridserve charging stations but failed to get it to start the charge!)
I'm currently getting charging even when towing the caravan in save mode, I did a trip on Thursday and did not have chance to charge the car up before picking up the van from the dealer (in for 1st Service) I had 14% battery life left. I went to collect the caravan a 6.6 mile journey in save, I have recorded 1.1 EV miles during the 6.6 miles and my battery % went to 20%, with an efficiency of 26.8 mpg at an average speed of 29 mph.

I picked up the van and returned home, the journey length was 11.3 miles (this was actually towing my van) and completed 3.2 miles EV at an average speed of 26 mph and a fuel efficiency of 21.2 mpg and my battery % went to 22% again in save.

I am seeing the EV used a lot more in save mode and for sure it's charging at lower speeds and shorter trips, I don't mind as with the EV assisting the towing it's mega when pulling off on hills from a standstill.

I'm not sure if it's the car getting use to my driving style or if it's a result of the latest up-dates but for sure I'm liking it.

I did have a chat with one of the parts guys at Land Rover on Thursday (I'm looking at rubber mats for the front) and he was asking how I was getting on with the car, told him was fine but did see the IC being used more, which he confirmed as being the same for the Parts Managers vehicle (P330e) when they first had the vehicle it would run around the site on EV only (In Hybrid mode) but recently they had noticed that the engine was starting for a short period of time before reverting back to EV, they are also thinking it's for engine longevity.

Rob,

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm currently getting charging even when towing the caravan in save mode, I did a trip on Thursday and did not have chance to charge the car up before picking up the van from the dealer (in for 1st Service) I had 14% battery life left. I went to collect the caravan a 6.6 mile journey in save, I have recorded 1.1 EV miles during the 6.6 miles and my battery % went to 20%, with an efficiency of 26.8 mpg at an average speed of 29 mph.

I picked up the van and returned home, the journey length was 11.3 miles (this was actually towing my van) and completed 3.2 miles EV at an average speed of 26 mph and a fuel efficiency of 21.2 mpg and my battery % went to 22% again in save.

I am seeing the EV used a lot more in save mode and for sure it's charging at lower speeds and shorter trips, I don't mind as with the EV assisting the towing it's mega when pulling off on hills from a standstill.

I'm not sure if it's the car getting use to my driving style or if it's a result of the latest up-dates but for sure I'm liking it.

I did have a chat with one of the parts guys at Land Rover on Thursday (I'm looking at rubber mats for the front) and he was asking how I was getting on with the car, told him was fine but did see the IC being used more, which he confirmed as being the same for the Parts Managers vehicle (P330e) when they first had the vehicle it would run around the site on EV only (In Hybrid mode) but recently they had noticed that the engine was starting for a short period of time before reverting back to EV, they are also thinking it's for engine longevity.

Rob,
Thanks Rob. There’s obviously something different between your set up and mine. Might be because yours is a MY21 (with Pivi Pro) and mine’s a MY20.5 (with InControl Touch Pro) or maybe I haven’t the latest software update - I’ll check this morning. I’m not really that bothered as I bought the car with the intention of maximising the electric use from charging stations (home & public) and minimising petrol consumption so charging using the IC engine doesn’t fit with this.
Your fuel consumption figures are interesting. I did some quick sums yesterday and when running on IC only (stripping out the EV miles) I’ve been getting between 30 & 40mpg when solo and around 25mpg when towing. This are similar figures to those with my diesel powered Freelander 1 (facelift), so I’m very happy as the EV Miles make good improvements to them. David

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks Rob. There’s obviously something different between your set up and mine. Might be because yours is a MY21 (with Pivi Pro) and mine’s a MY20.5 (with InControl Touch Pro) or maybe I haven’t the latest software update - I’ll check this morning. I’m not really that bothered as I bought the car with the intention of maximising the electric use from charging stations (home & public) and minimising petrol consumption so charging using the IC engine doesn’t fit with this.
Your fuel consumption figures are interesting. I did some quick sums yesterday and when running on IC only (stripping out the EV miles) I’ve been getting between 30 & 40mpg when solo and around 25mpg when towing. This are similar figures to those with my diesel powered Freelander 1 (facelift), so I’m very happy as the EV Miles make good improvements to them. David
Hi David.

I think you have probably hit the nail on the head, you brought the car based on the EV side, I brought mine as it was coming into stock (a cancelled order) and came fitted with a tow bar, I didn't know anything about the EV side just took it as something different to tow with. I didn't know there were different controls fitted which seems strange but I suppose it's all about getting the product in the market place, which looking at all the issues might account for some of the problems other people are experiencing. Could be am interesting poll to find out who had what fitted when the vehicle arrived.

Rob.

Reactions: DavidA

·
Registered
Evoque P300e R-Dynamic HSE
23 Posts
I’ve put this to the test a couple of times following a conversation on this forum last month and it does not work on mine.

I’ve also heard you need to be driving in save for a consistent 1.5 hours before it will start charging but that didn’t work either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’ve put this to the test a couple of times following a conversation on this forum last month and it does not work on mine.

I’ve also heard you need to be driving in save for a consistent 1.5 hours before it will start charging but that didn’t work either.
I prefer to take a break after 1.5 hours of driving so this wouldn’t help me. But the variations between owners’ experiences is quite exasperating. Why can’t LR provide clear instructions rather that repeating the “official” response that it’s not possible?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Whenever I hit Save mode, it starts recharging the battery pretty much straight away from what I can tell. 40 min journey home the other night, needed to conserve battery power until closer to home and within the last 15/20mins of the journey the battery charge level had increased. Its been great so far.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Whenever I hit Save mode, it starts recharging the battery pretty much straight away from what I can tell. 40 min journey home the other night, needed to conserve battery power until closer to home and within the last 15/20mins of the journey the battery charge level had increased. Its been great so far.
I'm the same (but only if it's less than 80 %), is your model fitted with Pivi or the Incontrol unit also is it the MY21 against the MY20.5 maybe we are getting the the bottom of the issues, I know David's is a MY20.5 with an Incontrol Unit but not sure about RYN maybe he can confirm.

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
127 Posts
Same here with MY2021/Pivi Pro. Save mode charges the battery and to my surprise quite fast. This works perfectly and I like it a lot.

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
Same with my MY2021 / Pivi Pro ....in Save mode it recharges the batteries very quickly but does use more petrol when doing it. It is a great feature to have....like a self charging hybrid.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi ALX55. You seem to be the only one who can get their MY20.5 P300e to recharge the battery from the ICE. Please would you tell us the settings, timing etc that you use to achieve this? Eg. Battery level at start of recharge, stop/start on or off, driving time before start of recharge, etc. Thanks, David

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm the same (but only if it's less than 80 %), is your model fitted with Pivi or the Incontrol unit also is it the MY21 against the MY20.5 maybe we are getting the the bottom of the issues, I know David's is a MY20.5 with an Incontrol Unit but not sure about RYN maybe he can confirm.
Sorry, I should've said in my post; MY21 with Pivi Pro. I hadn't noticed that it only charges at less than 80% as I'm usually hitting 'Save' around the 50% mark for the return journey!

Looks like it does come down to MY20.5 vs MY21 then!

·
Registered
MY22, P300e, R-Dynamic S.
2 Posts
Hello there,
i found this
Font Parallel Number Screenshot Document

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi HarrisCas.
Thanks very much, that is very useful. I’ve just tried recharging the battery using the petrol engine while stationary and it worked as soon as I deactivated the auto stop/start. 😀 So now I know that I can happily fully deplete the battery while towing to a caravan site(field) and, if necessary, recharge it if I need 4x4 drive to get out of the field after heavy rain.
I tried the same set up (deactivated stop/start and save mode) while driving to see if it would recharge the battery but it didn’t - although I only did a short test drive.

·
Registered
Evoque P300e R-Dynamic HSE
23 Posts
Mine is an MY20 model with the in control unit so I’m thinking it doesn’t work on my model as everyone who is getting it to work are MY21s

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello there,
i found this
View attachment 10477
What this does confirm is it's not time sensitive / duration of travel that triggers charging but engine speed which would explain why the later models will charge virtually right away. The question is will Land Rover ever admit to the issue and can it be corrected.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Rob. I don’t think it is influenced by engine speed. My MY20.5 charges when stationary at idling revs (~900rpm) in both Hybrid & Save modes but as soon as I take the brake off the charging stops and the drive goes to the front wheels. Whatever speed I drove at during my albeit short test drive it never did any recharging. I think the recharging while driving must be only available on MY21 vehicles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Rob. I don’t think it is influenced by engine speed. My MY20.5 charges when stationary at idling revs (~900rpm) in both Hybrid & Save modes but as soon as I take the brake off the charging stops and the drive goes to the front wheels. Whatever speed I drove at during my albeit short test drive it never did any recharging. I think the recharging while driving must be only available on MY21 vehicles.
Hi David

I'm talking more about the MY21 models - as for the earlier models I haven't a clue how they work, I don't think Land Rover do either, it seems there are two different programs run in these vehicles.

Rob.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts