Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
P300e 2021 Autobiography
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’ve just got a new plug in hydrid but I can’t get the precondition feature to work!
I’ve scheduled my departure time for when I’m due to leave the house for work but every Morning nothing! Cabin isn’t warmed?

I’ve googled it, I’ve read everything on this forum and I can’t find what I’m doing wrong!

I’ve got my preferred time as 1230-430 am when I’ve got cheapest energy and then departure time as 7:50 am.

Anyone experienced anything like this and any advice how to solve this?

thank you!

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
91 Posts
No experience but just read up on the Iguide where there are a number of conditions when the Timed Climate will not operate. Also as I interpret it, if you have selected RANGE in Optimisation and if the car is not charging it will not work.

Reactions: Rove2021

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
97 Posts
Have you tried the climate option through the remote app (it is basically the same as preconditioning). when using this on the P300e you have to change the climate option to use battery through the app. It might be worth trying just to ensure the system is working - if it is then it is probably a setting somewhere.

·
Registered
P300e 2021 Autobiography
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried the climate option through the remote app (it is basically the same as preconditioning). when using this on the P300e you have to change the climate option to use battery through the app. It might be worth trying just to ensure the system is working - if it is then it is probably a setting somewhere.
If you do this and the car is still plugged will this replenish the charge that’s used to precondition?

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you do this and the car is still plugged will this replenish the charge that’s used to precondition?
Yes. I turn it on about 30 minutes before going out and the car has a full charge and is warmed up inside. Seems to work brilliantly so far. Normally have about 32 miles of EV - depending on outside temperature.

·
Registered
MY21 P300e SE, priv glass, pano roof, wool interior, black pack...
41 Posts
Preconditioning before leaving does seem to increase the battery range, it’s just annoying that it’s been made difficult to schedule over night charging

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have just been playing with the preconditioning function. It looks like it starts 30 minutes before your set departure time. I guess if you have a scheduled charge time that is outside the preconditioning time then the problem arises.

On the Remote app you can also see if preconditioning has been initiated.

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
91 Posts
I have just been playing with the preconditioning function. It looks like it starts 30 minutes before your set departure time. I guess if you have a scheduled charge time that is outside the preconditioning time then the problem arises.
That is what I was alluding to above but have since read that "If a departure time is also set, the preferred charging period feature makes sure the vehicle has an optimum level of charge prior to departure. To achieve the optimum level of charge prior to departure, the feature may also charge the vehicle outside of the preferred charging period."

·
Registered
P300e R Dynamic HSE, Fuji White, Pano Roof, 20" Alloys
42 Posts
Mine has done the same a couple of times.... Set the Preconditioning to come on for a certain time, and when i get to the car nothing has happened. I've used the Climate in the remote section when the car is not connected to the charger and that works fine!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts