Evoque Owners Club banner

P300e HSE

8K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  Snoopy21 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have recently got my Evoque P300e HSE which I love. I was just seeing if anyone knows how to add Spotify to the live apps as I don’t want to keep having to use the app on my phone through Bluetooth. Is it possible to add Spotify or did I need to add the online pack when I was ordering the car?

thanks

John

#2 ·
In don’t think it will be possible to add to the native car software ie it has to run through your phones software either via android auto ‘ Apple CarPlay or via Bluetooth as you do now

#4 ·
Manufacturer life cycle .........
  • phase one try to push consumers to use your own software for a large fee and deny them any options.......then realise people would rather buy a £5 phone mount than pay you
  • phase two realise consumers want to use generic software across multiple platforms and not different every time so offer “smartphone” packs but make it an option at a fee and give people a dilemma, £5 car mount or have it “built into the car” :rolleyes:
  • phase three make it your standard platform, concentrate on the mechanicals and leave media software to the professionals :ROFLMAO:

Different marques are at different phases but most at 2 or 3 now

#5 ·
Yes you can add Spotify to live apps and use the SIM card fitted in the car. You need to go to your incontrol account on line and there is a tab to link Spotify Deezer and the RingGo parking app. You just choose to link it to your account. Make sure you have enough data on the car SIM card. You can then choose live as your media input and choose Spotify at that point.

#12 ·
I've done this and added Spotify and RingGo on the InControl website but I cant see how to get either working in the car.
Am I missing a step?

#6 ·
A bit pointless with the free Ubigi 500mb sim. It would last @ 30 minutes 🤣

#7 ·
Yes thats why I upgraded the data on my Ubigi SIM card 😀

#8 ·
My apologies........just tried the above on my 2017 and it works ............I’m not sure if its something they have changed or I simply missed it originally.........second new thing I’ve learned about my car after 4 years in the last 2 days :ROFLMAO:

#9 ·
Yes the issue is the data it would use......I use the free 3 data sim with a 200mb monthly allowance...thats plenty for normal use ie live traffic and nav but would not cover Spotify use ...........better not tell SWMBO about it .........it does mean that if you don’t have the smartphone pack like the OP though that there is an option for Spotify or Deezer use direct from the car.......the difference being what data you use ie via smartphone pack is your phones data allowance not the any sim you have installed in the car ;)

#11 ·
I believe you also have unlimited data for music streaming for the first year of ownership. The free data plan is only a 12 month subscription. You can check which subscriptions you have through the remote app.

#14 ·
There's a connected account app!?!?!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though...is there? I've just been out in the car and can't see one... is this going to be another I don't have the latest software so can't do this kind of thing? 😭

#18 ·
You should have the connected app in the 2017 its in one of the menus when you swipe right from the Home Screen from memory.....it pre dates the newer software so you should have it....ie I remember trying it originally but the apps I could see where pretty useless so I never actually used it ......but that was before I realised on this thread you could actually link Spotify to it :ROFLMAO: .......when (if) you get the updated software and smartphone pack ...when you first plug in a phone it asks you whether you want to use the connected app or Apple CarPlay/android auto

#20 ·
Frustratingly mine wont connect, when I scan the QR code I get a “bad gateway” message 😤
and Spotify did work yesterday but has disappeared from my “sources” list today.. gonna have a bit of a play about tomorrow 👍🏻

#22 ·
Make sure you are still signed in to live. It does seem to sign you out sometimes.

#23 ·
Well things aren’t great in my week old Evoque. I have now got no sound at all and I get a yellow alert saying “Acoustic Vehicle Alert System not available. Vehicle service required” it has also lost my profile twice. I have contacted the local dealer but they can’t get it into the 17th March :mad:

#29 ·
Oh dear another happy new car owner. Wife has just asked dealer if we have a 14 day cooling off period, admittedly a bit tongue in cheek.

#30 · (Edited)
After weeks and weeks of soul searching trying to decide between a P300e Evoque or a BMW 330e Touring, my heart has overruled my head and I have pulled the pin.

Found a MY2021 P300e Fuji white R-Dynamic SE with black pack, black roof, fixed pano roof and gloss black 5079 20" wheels available for immediate delivery. It going to look like a Stormtrooper on acid!

Test driven both and the BMW is the quickest thing I've ever driven in "XtraBoost" mode, OMG what a tool, but SWMBO just wants another Evoque.

It better not break!

#35 ·
Hi, my P300e was supposed to land yesterday but I had this message instead

“From 2021-03-17 to 2021-03-24-Vehicle Built (delay in movement to the U.K.)”

ordered in August last year and was promised a December delivery - it’s constantly getting delayed for some reason or another!
If the car is “built” and “delay in movements to the UK” how long would you think it could be? Or has anyone has this problem?

#36 ·
I've not seen it specified as above but the F-Pace forum has a thread on the subject of delays to certain hybrid vehicles due to component supply issues.

Reactions: JO16
#39 ·
I’ve been having the same Acoustic Alert flash up and my audio is turned off. It takes me ages to try to get it to come back on. It’s done this since I got it in Aug 21, I’ve always installed the latest software when the request appears on my screen. Does anyone know if you can force another software update, or is it a matter of just waiting until it asks you to update? I’ve had a few problems with my EV mode as I’ve mentioned before but I have to say it’s been fine recently and I hardly ever put fuel in it. On longer journeys I get very good MPG and I’m always surprised at how much Electric it generates by itself! I’m a bit scared to update my software to try to rectify this acoustic issue in case it mucks up something else. It feels like quite a temperamental car!

#40 ·
have you checked under software in the car that you are up to date as if not you can force it that way ... but if you are up to date nothing you can do .. I had an update in mine yesterday .... so I think the latest is 3.3.1now... one before was 3.3.0 what was back in August for me ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.