Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have recently got my Evoque P300e HSE which I love. I was just seeing if anyone knows how to add Spotify to the live apps as I don’t want to keep having to use the app on my phone through Bluetooth. Is it possible to add Spotify or did I need to add the online pack when I was ordering the car?

thanks

John

·
Registered
538 Posts
In don’t think it will be possible to add to the native car software ie it has to run through your phones software either via android auto ‘ Apple CarPlay or via Bluetooth as you do now

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In don’t think it will be possible to add to the native car software ie it has to run through your phones software either via android auto ‘ Apple CarPlay or via Bluetooth as you do now
Thanks for the update, a bit gutted as I have seen the LR adverts with the native app and wish I added the pack. I know it’s a trivial thing but it would be nice to have.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Manufacturer life cycle .........
  • phase one try to push consumers to use your own software for a large fee and deny them any options.......then realise people would rather buy a £5 phone mount than pay you
  • phase two realise consumers want to use generic software across multiple platforms and not different every time so offer “smartphone” packs but make it an option at a fee and give people a dilemma, £5 car mount or have it “built into the car” :rolleyes:
  • phase three make it your standard platform, concentrate on the mechanicals and leave media software to the professionals :ROFLMAO:

Different marques are at different phases but most at 2 or 3 now

·
Registered
Autobiography P250 Firenze Red on order Delivery Date? Ordered June 21
185 Posts
Yes you can add Spotify to live apps and use the SIM card fitted in the car. You need to go to your incontrol account on line and there is a tab to link Spotify Deezer and the RingGo parking app. You just choose to link it to your account. Make sure you have enough data on the car SIM card. You can then choose live as your media input and choose Spotify at that point.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
A bit pointless with the free Ubigi 500mb sim. It would last @ 30 minutes 🤣

·
Registered
Autobiography P250 Firenze Red on order Delivery Date? Ordered June 21
185 Posts
Yes thats why I upgraded the data on my Ubigi SIM card 😀

·
Registered
538 Posts
My apologies........just tried the above on my 2017 and it works ............I’m not sure if its something they have changed or I simply missed it originally.........second new thing I’ve learned about my car after 4 years in the last 2 days :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yes the issue is the data it would use......I use the free 3 data sim with a 200mb monthly allowance...thats plenty for normal use ie live traffic and nav but would not cover Spotify use ...........better not tell SWMBO about it .........it does mean that if you don’t have the smartphone pack like the OP though that there is an option for Spotify or Deezer use direct from the car.......the difference being what data you use ie via smartphone pack is your phones data allowance not the any sim you have installed in the car ;)

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
110 Posts
I believe you also have unlimited data for music streaming for the first year of ownership. The free data plan is only a 12 month subscription. You can check which subscriptions you have through the remote app.

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
394 Posts
Yes you can add Spotify to live apps and use the SIM card fitted in the car. You need to go to your incontrol account on line and there is a tab to link Spotify Deezer and the RingGo parking app. You just choose to link it to your account. Make sure you have enough data on the car SIM card. You can then choose live as your media input and choose Spotify at that point.
I've done this and added Spotify and RingGo on the InControl website but I cant see how to get either working in the car.
Am I missing a step?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've done this and added Spotify and RingGo on the InControl website but I cant see how to get either working in the car.
Am I missing a step?
You need to go to the connected account app in the car and link to Spotify from there

·
Registered
394 Posts
There's a connected account app!?!?!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though...is there? I've just been out in the car and can't see one... is this going to be another I don't have the latest software so can't do this kind of thing? 😭

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There's a connected account app!?!?!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though...is there? I've just been out in the car and can't see one... is this going to be another I don't have the latest software so can't do this kind of thing? 😭
Not sure what is so amusing but I have added a picture for you

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ahhh...there in lies the problem...I have a 2017 Evoque.

I was laughing that there would be something so obvious that I would miss it but it makes sense now.

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
110 Posts
I've used the RingGo App and it works very well.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ahhh...there in lies the problem...I have a 2017 Evoque.

I was laughing that there would be something so obvious that I would miss it but it makes sense now.
You should have the connected app in the 2017 its in one of the menus when you swipe right from the Home Screen from memory.....it pre dates the newer software so you should have it....ie I remember trying it originally but the apps I could see where pretty useless so I never actually used it ......but that was before I realised on this thread you could actually link Spotify to it :ROFLMAO: .......when (if) you get the updated software and smartphone pack ...when you first plug in a phone it asks you whether you want to use the connected app or Apple CarPlay/android auto

·
Registered
394 Posts
You should have the connected app in the 2017 its in one of the menus when you swipe right from the Home Screen from memory.....it pre dates the newer software so you should have it....ie I remember trying it originally but the apps I could see where pretty useless so I never actually used it ......but that was before I realised on this thread you could actually link Spotify to it :ROFLMAO: .......when (if) you get the updated software and smartphone pack ...when you first plug in a phone it asks you whether you want to use the connected app or Apple CarPlay/android auto
The only thing resembling connected apps I have is a Live button. And all that gives me is

I had expected Spotify to show up in there but it doesn’t and clicking update just tells me it’s up to date. Car has sat connected to WiFi outside running for a good ten minutes to see if it needs to download it but to no avail!
Bloody thing!!

·
Registered
MY21 P300e SE, priv glass, pano roof, wool interior, black pack...
45 Posts
I've used the RingGo App and it works very well.
Frustratingly mine wont connect, when I scan the QR code I get a “bad gateway” message 😤
and Spotify did work yesterday but has disappeared from my “sources” list today.. gonna have a bit of a play about tomorrow 👍🏻

1 - 20 of 38 Posts