Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
When I said negotiable.......
That’s just a ridiculous offer & you know it !!!
Houses round here a fetching well above £5.25 I’ll just have to take it back off the market. 🤭

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
GO on then, as it's you and you seem like a nice chap I'll round it up to £6.00 but you have to throw your wife into the deal as well.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Actually, she said she would throw me in as a sweetener. Any excuse, she’s been trying to get rid of me for years.

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
OK, fair enough then-do you clean windows?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Mine get done once a year whether they need it or not. Except on leap years when I have a rest.

Reactions: XZ4 and Maffy

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
Excellent, when can you move in-you'll fit in with my neighbour-cuts his lawn religiously every two months!!!!!

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
That’s just silly, they don’t need doing that often. You’ll be telling me he vacs up more than once a quarter next 😱

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
Don't think he owns a vacuum cleaner-his wife also doesn't own a hair bush!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Bet you don’t either 😁

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
Funny you should mention that as it happens.

·
Registered
BMW M4 Competition & BMW 730 M-Sport
982 Posts
I called my local dealer today, they said that aren’t expecting a demo P300e in until late September...I wonder which car magazine will be the first to review one? I can’t see many people ordering one of these until some demos and reviews are out there for consumers to ponder over. However, I can imagine company fleet managers ordering a quite few earlier than private buyers though.

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
To the normal suspects - please don't trash another post... There's an Idle Chit Chat section.

To me it seems very strange to buy a car without even driving/sitting in one!?!
Is it a company car perhaps, so if it's no good it's not the end of the world?

So far, like you, I've only come across the same 'sales' type footage - you can't even hear the 3 cylinder engine as they are just music adverts.
Like someone else said, I've done a load of research on the car online and there are some good Youtube videos.

Not a company car :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Did the dealer offer you a deal on the home charging unit and installation?
Or if not, how much is cost of plug-in charger unit installed at home?
The dealer did not offer to install a charger. They said they were using podpoint where people were happy to pay for one at the same time as buying a car.

I did a bunch of research on chargers, that's a minefield. I ended up opting for an EO Mini Pro and got it installed by Jorro and all in after the UK grand and separate Scottish grand comes in at £500 fitted.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
Like someone else said, I've done a load of research on the car online and there are some good Youtube videos.

Not a company car :)
Any links to the YouTube videos?
I can only find advert style ones that don't seem very just useful.

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
As a “usual Suspect” I have found that you can learn far more online than an actual visit to a showroom, but hey what do I know!!!!!!

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have heard a rumour they might be letting women drive next. Will need to dust off the red warning flags & redeploy the walkers
I think they call that fighting talk vet!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I’m having my chargepoint installed at the end of the month by BP CHARGEMASTER, they’re one of the two JLR approved installers. It’ll cost £500 that includes the OLEV grant of £350.00. Could’ve saved a few quid by buying it separately.. not worth it for me

·
Registered
BMW M4 Competition & BMW 730 M-Sport
982 Posts
I’m having my chargepoint installed at the end of the month by BP CHARGEMASTER, they’re one of the two JLR approved installers. It’ll cost £500 that includes the OLEV grant of £350.00. Could’ve saved a few quid by buying it separately.. not worth it for me
Make sure you go for 32amp 7kw charger, theyre the faster of the single phase chargers available. Most buyers should be fitting them these days.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Make sure you go for 32amp 7kw charger, theyre the faster of the single phase chargers available. Most buyers should be fitting them these days.
Have done so
thanks anyway
had to have a new consumer unit fitted in the garage as the one currently there doesn’t have spare capacity. A bit of an unexpected expense but at least the electrics will up up to current specs

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
I’m known to buy cars without even looking at one in a dealership...it’s only car, what could possibly go wrong?

Ive not even gone down to my local dealer 1 mile away since it opened back up to look at an Evoque...google is my best friend.
🙄

21 - 40 of 46 Posts