Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I ordered a p300e R-Dynamic SE in May. I've never been in an Evoque but love the look of the new styling and the hybrid setup really appealed to me.

Does anyone know of any proper hands-on reviews with it yet? I've seen all the motoring media regurgitating the same youtube footage and specs in print, I'm looking for something that has got personal experience with it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think they’re all still in transit 🤔

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
435 Posts
I’ve searched the planet for a review and have turned up nothing as yet.

I’ve searched dealerships and same, nothing.

Mines not due until Nov/Dec so I’ll just sit and wait until then 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Did the dealer offer you a deal on the home charging unit and installation?
Or if not, how much is cost of plug-in charger unit installed at home?

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
You should be able to get one installed for less then £500
Friend of mine had one put in/made by a local Sparky for £200-works fine.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,906 Posts
You should be able to get one installed for less then £500
Friend of mine had one put in/made by a local Sparky for £200-works fine.
What's your set up for your hybrid?

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
At the moment either self charge via the engine whilst driving or use pay points (some are free) as required-not doing the usual mileage at the moment.
I have a couple of apps, -Pod Point and Polar which are quite extensive.
Am having the company install a home charger once all this nonsense ends-I can then charge direct to company credit card and not home leccy bill-somehow!-it is pure witchcraft.

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Electricity in cars! They’ll be putting garlic in bread & carrot in cakes next. What’s the world coming to?

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
and giving women the vote!!!! Harrumph--Woman, Know your place I say.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
I have heard a rumour they might be letting women drive next. Will need to dust off the red warning flags & redeploy the walkers

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
That Soir, surely cannot happen-they will suffocate!!!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,906 Posts
Hi All,

I ordered a p300e R-Dynamic SE in May. I've never been in an Evoque but love the look of the new styling and the hybrid setup really appealed to me.

Does anyone know of any proper hands-on reviews with it yet? I've seen all the motoring media regurgitating the same youtube footage and specs in print, I'm looking for something that has got personal experience with it.

Thanks.
To the normal suspects - please don't trash another post... There's an Idle Chit Chat section.

To me it seems very strange to buy a car without even driving/sitting in one!?!
Is it a company car perhaps, so if it's no good it's not the end of the world?

So far, like you, I've only come across the same 'sales' type footage - you can't even hear the 3 cylinder engine as they are just music adverts.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
WE never test drive any of our cars, we usually buy on the looks and some interweb research, comapny or not-just the way we roll., never been let down yet-they key is the background research.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
I’m much the same. Never researched either Evoque or the Jag. Though I did test drive the first Evoque. Knew nothing about the Jag but the age, mileage, spec & price were what I wanted.

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
435 Posts
To the normal suspects - please don't trash another post... There's an Idle Chit Chat section.

To me it seems very strange to buy a car without even driving/sitting in one!?!
Is it a company car perhaps, so if it's no good it's not the end of the world?

So far, like you, I've only come across the same 'sales' type footage - you can't even hear the 3 cylinder engine as they are just music adverts.
I’m known to buy cars without even looking at one in a dealership...it’s only car, what could possibly go wrong?

Ive not even gone down to my local dealer 1 mile away since it opened back up to look at an Evoque...google is my best friend.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Did the dealer offer you a deal on the home charging unit and installation?
Or if not, how much is cost of plug-in charger unit installed at home?
I’ve already got a wall mounted fast charger, I don’t see the need to purchase an extra one. Originally, I got a £500 grant for mine and paid an extra £250 to upgrade it to a fast charger and an additional 25m of cable as I wanted it fitted away from the house.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I had one fitted a few years ago under the government grant scheme. I didn’t even know that it was possible to upgrade the installation. I’m not in any hurry to buy a PHEV or EV so by the time that happens I might have moved house anyway.
I really only had it done as it was free, and I thought it might just be another selling point for when we eventually move.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
How much is your house?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
To you Maffy, it’s negotiable 🤑

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
£3.00 my final offer due to where you are!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts