Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my PHEV app tells me to book a service in 2k mikes time. That would be 8k miles service. I called Guy Salmon dealership and they said first service is at 10k. I’m confused but feel I should have confidence in what dealership says but wondered if anyone here knows if it’s 8K or 10K.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,170 Posts
@Snoopy21 check your OSH (online service history) it has the schedule there: Land Rover

PS. It's helpful to put your year and spec. in your forum profile :)

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,057 Posts
Service will be time and mileage based so possibly coning up to the date for service.

·
Registered
Evoque MY21 R-Dynamic HSE P300E
5 Posts
My R-Dynamic HSE is 5 months old and has done 3700 miles. My app is telling me that it needs servicing. Ridiculous. To further compound the situation Listers of Solihull told me when I was considering the purchase that this particular car only needed servicing every 2 years!

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,663 Posts
seems silly but mine had it's first service a few months ago and that was for 2 years or 22k miles I had done 7k at the time so 2 years won ,... just the way it happens sometimes :)

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
140 Posts
If it's anything like Mini (BMW) they have an oil conditioning system which monitors the oil based on several items - usage, thickness of oil, mileage, time between services etc etc (they don't have a dip stick it's all electronic) and that determines your next service date.

I'm not sure if Land Rover run a similar system but if they do that might explain why the service mileage changes. There are owners who are using there engines less than normal (that's a normal IC engine) and therefore the engines are standing for longer periods but when needed are used from stone cold to high revs - this situations does not work well for any engine or oil, firstly the system has drained down so the top of the engine is not in the best of conditions for oil, secondly the tolerances on the engine will be larger as the engine is cold plus the oil as settled due to standing so when the engine starts it has to wait for the oil to circulate which could cause premature engine wear and finally you have the old time favourite of "towning up" basically condensation building up in the oil due to lack of use and the oil not operating at the designed temperatures to remove the water - OK modern oils are supposed to stop this but that is based on a normal usage which the P300e does not really comply with.

Currently I have 2700 miles on the clock and my service is required in 6000 miles, which is about right based on Land Rover recommendation, out of those 2700 miles 70 % have been with the engine running so the oil has being circulated quite a lot, if I'm using EV for short runs I try and avoid using the engine by not being aggressive with the pedal.

Taking the above into consideration I can understand why the service intervals are half that of a normal car, to be honest I'm half tempted to have the oil / filter changed at 6 months just for longevity of the engine.

Rob.

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic HSE MY20.5 Firenze red Sliding sun roof
66 Posts
Hi Rob. Thanks for this very useful explanation about the deterioration of engine oil. The Remote app is telling me that I will need a service in 4138 miles when my Evoque will have done 7,700 miles. I understand now that this will be an oil change. Cheers, David

·
Registered
17 Posts
As 4Ndy said the servicing rule for the P300e is 1 year or 10,000 miles whichever comes sooner. The service message on mine has been counting down for the last month or so with the message ‘service required soon’. I had the service last Monday with 6,246 Miles on the clock and 1 year old.

Reactions: DavidA and 4ndy

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic SE Nolita Grey two tone seats keyless entry black wheels fog lights spare wheel
146 Posts
As 4Ndy said the servicing rule for the P300e is 1 year or 10,000 miles whichever comes sooner. The service message on mine has been counting down for the last month or so with the message ‘service required soon’. I had the service last Monday with 6,246 Miles on the clock and 1 year old.
Mine is 9 months old with 5000 on the clock. I am being advised that the service is due in 1600 miles.

Reactions: DavidA

·
Registered
5,663 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I paid £276 at my favourite indy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
there is a special on LR website first 3 for I think it was 800 .. think it's still on as I got it as a freebie from the dealer to sign on the dotted line..try here
I’ve just looked on the LR website and it quoted me £755 for the first 3 services. Think I’ll keep the money in my bank account and wait until the app tells me it’s due in less than 1000 miles.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I’ve just looked on the LR website and it quoted me £755 for the first 3 services. Think I’ll keep the money in my bank account and wait until the app tells me it’s due in less than 1000 miles.
remember it goes up for each service and we're every year .. diesels are every 2 years .. so it's quite a good deal if you're keeping the car for 3 years ..... :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
remember it goes up for each service and we're every year .. diesels are every 2 years .. so you it's quite a good deal if you're keeping the car for 3 years ..... :)
Good point Angel. My experience so far is very favourable and there’s no sign of a better towcar coming anytime soon so I might be keeping it for a long time. Does the 3 service deal get more expensive if you wait until the 1st service is due before buying it? Perhaps I should ask the dealer I bought from!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts