Evoque Owners Club banner
81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
That sounds interesting Andy, but how do you clear the cache in the app? I’ve got version 2.7.0 of the app and can’t find any mention of the cache let alone how to clear it. Cheers, David
On your phone or tablet go into Settings, then Apps, then click on the Land Rover Remote app, then click the Storage tab....in there is a clear Cache tab....click this. 👍

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic HSE MY20.5 Firenze red Sliding sun roof
66 Posts
Thanks Andy. Found it & cleared the cache. I’ll be charging up overnight so I’ll see if this has made a difference tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thanks Andy. Found it & cleared the cache. I’ll be charging up overnight so I’ll see if this has made a difference tomorrow morning.
You're welcome....hope it works for you. If not I have heard that another solution is to fully delete the app from your device and then install a fresh, new version from the Google Play store. Just remember all your log in details before you delete the old one. 😊

·
Registered
66 Posts
HI Andy. The phone app said 99% charge & 21 miles this morning! I went to the car and it said 100% charge & 31 miles. Came back inside and the phone app had changed to 100% & 31 miles! I’m going to delete the phone app and reinstall it as you suggested.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Made a big mistake yesterday....I let the wife borrow my Evoque to use to collect a large plant pot from the garden centre. She came back with a fully depleted battery after a 30 mile journey that I regularly do with 4 or 5 miles range leftover. The car was charged up overnight as usual but my normal 35 mile range has now dropped to just 29 miles. Lesson learnt...she is not a good hybrid driver. Hopefully my perfect P300e will recover from the shock 😟

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Hood

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
140 Posts
Made a big mistake yesterday....I let the wife borrow my Evoque to use to collect a large plant pot from the garden centre. She came back with a fully depleted battery after a 30 mile journey that I regularly do with 4 or 5 miles range leftover. The car was charged up overnight as usual but my normal 35 mile range has now dropped to just 29 miles. Lesson learnt...she is not a good hybrid driver. Hopefully my perfect P300e will recover from the shock 😟

View attachment 11014
I charged mine on Saturday afternoon from completely empty and it returned 32 miles @ 100% and the temp was around 14 deg C plus the car was still warm, I would imagine if you charge over night and the temp dropped that might account for the lower range. I've not got a overnight rate as if I'd changed I would have lost my current rate which is fixed for 2 years for both gas and electric - which is used far more during the day, the higher rate offered by switching would have taken away the advantaged gained by overnight charging so for me I'm stuck with what I've got. I do think charging a fully depleted battery straight after a trip gives a better return as the batteries are in an optimum condition for charging.

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
140 Posts
Made a big mistake yesterday....I let the wife borrow my Evoque to use to collect a large plant pot from the garden centre. She came back with a fully depleted battery after a 30 mile journey that I regularly do with 4 or 5 miles range leftover.
Hey Andy is your wife's name "Daisy" and do you drive her around a lot. o_O :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry couldn't resist.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I charged mine on Saturday afternoon from completely empty and it returned 32 miles @ 100% and the temp was around 14 deg C plus the car was still warm, I would imagine if you charge over night and the temp dropped that might account for the lower range. I've not got a overnight rate as if I'd changed I would have lost my current rate which is fixed for 2 years for both gas and electric - which is used far more during the day, the higher rate offered by switching would have taken away the advantaged gained by overnight charging so for me I'm stuck with what I've got. I do think charging a fully depleted battery straight after a trip gives a better return as the batteries are in an optimum condition for charging.
I agree with what you're saying about cold, overnight charging but I have always charged up overnight and have never seen the range this low. I am hoping that it's a one off...purely due to my wife's awful driving style. 🤞😉

·
Registered
140 Posts
Her name should be Max Verstappen....very fast but dangerous and aggressive driving. 🤣😂😅
Did she say "Hi" when she returned and got the black and white flag :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1st edition 2019 Seoul Pearl silver copper inserts 20” wheels tinted windows pan roof. 5079wheels
62 Posts
I’ve had my P300e nine days now and covered just over 200 miles - so early days. A couple of early impressions on EV range and mpg:

The EV range is better than I feared, probably helped by the weather warming. The app is regularly indicating a range of over 30 miles and this is turning out to be the case. I did 32.2 last Sunday. I’m also finding the regenerative charging to be better than I had imagined although yet to properly assess this.

Most of my drives have been short trips around home. I have however done two trips of Manchester to Huddersfield in hybrid mode: 168mpg and 130mpg. I’m driving the car very steadily, partly because I’m wanting to run-in the car and I also tend to drive fairly lightly these days. A corresponding trip of Huddersfield to Manchester with very little battery returned 39mpg which I was also pleasantly surprised by.

More broadly I’m very impressed with the car and its functions. Other than the MY21 having only Lane Keep Assist and not Steering Assist there is nothing disappointing. I’m particularly enjoying:

• the brake ‘hold’ feature
  • more advanced adaptive cruise than on my old Evoque
  • Apple car play
  • live navigation maps
  • matrix headlamps
  • driving position and seat comfort

I’ll most likely be doing a 500 mile round-trip in early May: that will give me a chance to get a better impression. At this stage I can imagine keeping the car for many years. I may even have it converted to a hearse for later in life!
I’m getting around 30mpg kicking around the doors 2ltr 180bhp, and 58mpg on a decent run using cruise, matrix lights are absolutely brilliant a must for anyone thinking of getting a new car.1st edition.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That’s interesting Rob. I’ve recently changed to the Bulb EV tariff so am charging overnight and my 100% range is now about 30 miles whereas I was getting ~35 previously with daytime charging. However the switch also coincided with the cooler weather so I’m using the battery for heating the cabin now. I’d attributed the reduced range to the cabin heating until I read your post but now I’ll try doing my next full charge during the day to see if I get back to 35 miles of range. It’s going to make the calculation of the benefits of the EV tariff really hard if I do!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Hmm, Bulb is apparently on the verge of collapse. 🤔

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hmm, Bulb is apparently on the verge of collapse. 🤔
So the media keeps telling us. I’m running down my summer overpayments at the moment so sticking with them. Was considering switching to Octopus but Martin Lewis’ advice is to stay put until the situation is clearer.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yes, I would definitely stay put for now. Octopus is the next one down from Bulb, and there is no telling where this cascade will end at the moment. 🤔

Reactions: DavidA

·
Registered
548 Posts
So, after a day of normal driving by me and then a full, overnight charge my car is back to its brilliant self....showing a range of 35 miles on the Remote app. Does seem to prove that different driving styles can significantly affect the efficiency of the P300e.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
66 Posts
HI Andy. The phone app said 99% charge & 21 miles this morning! I went to the car and it said 100% charge & 31 miles. Came back inside and the phone app had changed to 100% & 31 miles! I’m going to delete the phone app and reinstall it as you suggested.
Deleted and then reinstalled the app yesterday. Charged overnight. This morning the app said 100% charge and 21 miles range. Went to the car, unlocked it - the display said 100% and 30 miles. Disconnected the charging cable and locked the car. Came back inside and the phone app said 100% and 30 miles!!! Just going to ignore the initial range after charging on the app from now onwards, it’s the level of charge that really matters. 😉

·
Registered
548 Posts
Deleted and then reinstalled the app yesterday. Charged overnight. This morning the app said 100% charge and 21 miles range. Went to the car, unlocked it - the display said 100% and 30 miles. Disconnected the charging cable and locked the car. Came back inside and the phone app said 100% and 30 miles!!! Just going to ignore the initial range after charging on the app from now onwards, it’s the level of charge that really matters. 😉
David, I think my app also does that....it doesn't refresh the new range until the charger is unplugged and the car relocked. I think this is normal. 👍

81 - 100 of 145 Posts