Evoque Owners Club banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 Evoque R-design P300e Autobiography Eiger Grey
35 Posts
Here is my data for MPG. I've done just 4 "long" trips of 100 milles aprox during last weks:

1) 104 milles / 68 mph avg / 1h37' / 28 milles (VE) : 31 MPG (run-in car)
2) 98 milles / 67 mph avg / 1h 32' / 5 milles (VE) : 22 MPG (run-in car)
3) 99 milles / 61 mph avg / 1h42' / 22 milles (VE) : 30,5 MPG
4) 94 milles / 69 mph avg / 1h26' / 23,5 milles (VE) : 32 MPG

In all the cases the speedometer was around 80 - 95 mph during speed-highway (70% of the trip). Hybrid mode. A/C on.

I am far to reach 50 MPG in this kind of trips. One cause is not starting the trips fully charged so need to improve the VE milles. Also still running-in the car. Main reason can be the average speed that is a bit high, it should be better something around 50 mph and not going over 70-75 mph of top speed. I am using 95 petrol.

For me reaching 40 MPG in a SUV of 4800 pounds will be good enough for a 100 milles trip starting fully charged.
In EV mode I've recorded 2 short trips of 12 miles (42 mph avg) and 13 milles (38 mph avg) with remaining 9 milles. Total range 34 milles (exactly official EV range) that is more or less the distance i am reaching in the last weeks in EV mode when doing short trips.

I'd like to reach someday over 37 milles of EV range but I need to drive 18 - 25 mph avg speed more or less, driving carefully, maybe A/C off...

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
This morning's journey log for my P300e....Love it when something does exactly what is says on the tin. 😊

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
Return journey was even better 😊

·
Registered
332 Posts
Regularly seeing this 35 miles on the EV range after a full charge and have seen as high as 38 miles. Maybe soon I will get to the 42 miles range that Land Rover originally stated was possible. 😊

·
Registered
Evoque P300e HSE R-Dynamic
11 Posts
I’m surprised by all the 30+ mile ranges, my car has covered 700 miles now (still on its first tank of petrol), but the EV range was only above 30 when I collected it, it steadily dropped to 24, but now it’s warming up a little it was back up to 27 yesterday.
I regularly do lots of A road driving to and from work, and manage to get 34 miles electric range (was 25-26 miles in winter). One of the things I try and do is use the Save mode regularly (when I drove on the motorway for example) and when I get into cities and towns or slightly lower speed areas, then I switch back to EV mode. This way I get more than 40 miles electric on long journeys.

For example, when travelling from Oxford to London, I am in EV mode when I leave Oxford, Save mode when I am doing 70mph, and then from M25 when it's bad traffic, I go back to EV mode. Based on my experience in driving full electric cars, you get best out of the battery in "low" power usage (city driving and relatively lower speed compared to motorway usage).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am thinking of buying a P300E. I only drive short trips... Whats the performance like in electric mode... The brochure and internet can't answer my question...

·
Registered
332 Posts
I am thinking of buying a P300E. I only drive short trips... Whats the performance like in electric mode... The brochure and internet can't answer my question...
The performance of the P300e is very good on electric only. The only time my car ever needs the petrol engine to assist its performance is if accelerating hard when overtaking or up a particularly steep hill. When both electric and petrol power is combined the performance is amazing.....very fast, smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic HSE MY20.5 Firenze red Sliding sun roof
39 Posts
Can't really complain about my car's mpg....this is today's journey log from the remote app 😊

View attachment 10393
Most of my journey logs look like that. 😀

Has anyone found any difference in mpg figures between “Eco” and “Comfort” modes? I haven’t identified anything that changes if I swap to Eco from the Comfort mode it automatically starts in.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Most of my journey logs look like that. 😀

Has anyone found any difference in mpg figures between “Eco” and “Comfort” modes? I haven’t identified anything that changes if I swap to Eco from the Comfort mode it automatically starts in.
So do mine, have only done 237 miles so far.

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
332 Posts
Big shock on this morning's journey....drove up a few steep hills and actually used some petrol !!

Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
332 Posts
So today I finally visited a petrol station and topped up the fuel tank in my P300e. I now have the information to work out the real mpg achieved since new:
Miles covered since new in March = 2,850.
Petrol added to refill fuel tank to full = £48... which is 7.5 gallons.
So...over the last 7 months of driving my car has a achieved an amazing 380 mpg !!! 😊

Yes, of course I know it has also used some electricity for recharging the batteries...but that has cost under £70 so far, which is the same cost as approximately 11 gallons of petrol.
So the equivalent electric and petrol used has been 18.5 gallons.
Total, overall and therefore the real mpg is still pretty impressive at 154 mpg !!! 😊

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,368 Posts
4ndy now that is impressive :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
4ndy now that is impressive :)
I'm happy to say that I continue to be very impressed with all aspects of this car. It has far exceeded my expectations of a hybrid vehicle. It's so quiet, smooth and generally refined....the big bonus is that is is proving to be about 5 times cheaper to run than my either of my previous petrol and diesel engined Evoques. 😊

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm happy to say that I continue to be very impressed with all aspects of this car. It has far exceeded my expectations of a hybrid vehicle. It's so quiet, smooth and generally refined....the big bonus is that is is proving to be about 5 times cheaper to run than my either of my previous petrol and diesel engined Evoques. 😊
For a guy who, with his wife, has had several Porsches. Your latest post about your P300e, is an incredible read…!
After joining the Forum and reading several posts of the P300e… I think I need to find a used P300e with the options I like. I like the 360 cameras and HUD.
I also need to check that it has had no updates installed…
I have been looking at reviews of the MB EQA, but it’s definitely back to the P300e…!

MB changed the spec of the EQA because of problems with the global supply of chips…

Hi Mr Williams,

Thank you again for your EQA enquiry, it was lovely to speak to you this morning.

According to our handling site, we should see an EQA 350 Premium with Driving Assistance Package from December or January if we place an order now.

The specification appears to have changed however, with the Premium Plus Package being removed and the Premium Package having become more comprehensive.

Please see the updated brochure attached.

Please let me know what you think.

Kind regards,

See the attached brochures…

I have also been watching reviews of the VW ID.3… But its definitely back to the P300e...!

Attachments

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,368 Posts
300E in Corwall... Didn't realise that Merc had put a stop on things like cameras etc as well ... when I looked into it last month I could get one with cameras and HUD for I think it was April time and same with Porche they were letting me have everything but LR were stopping HUD and cameras back then ... HUD is available on the velar but cameras are a no and then dealer pointed out that they aren't even supposed to be taken orders for the discovery sport that was a big no ... with the evoque though back camera is enough you don't need 360 ... and HUD is nice but I've switched mine off to get used to not having it lol

·
Registered
332 Posts
300E in Corwall... Didn't realise that Merc had put a stop on things like cameras etc as well ... when I looked into it last month I could get one with cameras and HUD for I think it was April time and same with Porche they were letting me have everything but LR were stopping HUD and cameras back then ... HUD is available on the velar but cameras are a no and then dealer pointed out that they aren't even supposed to be taken orders for the discovery sport that was a big no ... with the evoque though back camera is enough you don't need 360 ... and HUD is nice but I've switched mine off to get used to not having it lol
Angel...I actually love the 360 cameras and have got used to using them all the time when parking in tight car parks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Angel...I actually love the 360 cameras and have got used to using them all the time when parking in tight car parks.
Yes, 360 cameras are a very nice option to have on any size car. I currently have a MB EQC, and I want 360 cameras on the 'smaller' car that will replace it... I also have got used to having HUD... Obviously MB think its an option that their customers don't want/need...! But I DO...!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts