Evoque Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So does the phev run like a normal hybrid, using the EV when it’s needed? Cutting in and out to boost efficiency? Really appreciate all your comments

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
So does the phev run like a normal hybrid, using the EV when it’s needed? Cutting in and out to boost efficiency? Really appreciate all your comments
Yes, exactly like that. On level normal roads mine seems to use electric all the time...only adding in petrol assistance when overtaking or accelerating up hills. It's very hard to tell if the petrol engine is running or not...incredibly smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
MY21 P300e SE, priv glass, pano roof, wool interior, black pack...
45 Posts
Yes, exactly like that. On level normal roads mine seems to use electric all the time...only adding in petrol assistance when overtaking or accelerating up hills. It's very hard to tell if the petrol engine is running or not...incredibly smooth and quiet.
This is my experience too, I also noticed as I approached a hill recently the engine fired up (I noticed the rev counter spring into action), prior to the climb, which if it was due to it “knowing” the hill was coming is pretty impressive.

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
MY2021 P300e S Eigar Grey
8 Posts
I am getting about 34 miles on a full charge.

On a 50 mile mainly motorway journey with no EV this morning I got around 32mpg

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
I am getting about 34 miles on a full charge.

On a 50 mile mainly motorway journey with no EV this morning I got around 32mpg
I'm getting a similar EV range....usually between 33 and 37 miles.
I must be a slow driver as I'm managing to get over 35 mpg on longer, petrol only journeys.

·
Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
170 Posts
Certainly on the UK spec cars Steering Assist is no longer available. Lane Keep Assist is still available.
That's because it's bloody lethal when driving on B roads. You move a little bit to the left to allow an oncoming car room to pass and it forces the steering back towards the oncoming vehicle for a really nasty head-on collision!! :eek: 💩 💩 💩 :mad:

After working out what was going on we disabled that system and it is OK now.

·
Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
170 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I took out a d180 auto on the motorway yesterday and couldn’t get better than 37mpg, and I was taking it easy. I’d be happy if I saw just over 40-45 in the hybrid on a run. I understand that in reality the petrol will be carrying the extra weight of the batteries, but my thought is that once up to motorway speed (assisted by the battery), it should be relatively efficient? There doesn’t ever seem to be any data on a longer trip on any reviews with a phev, it’s always about the short commute being fuel free.
We have the D180 Auto and get 37/38mpg ave (not using the computer as it lies). That's for 70mph ish. If we use Cruise Control on the Motorway it drops to 34/35mpg for the same speeds. If we go at 80 ish it also drops to around 34mpg. I reckon mpg wise, even for long journeys the PHEV will at least match that and probably better it (y) Hopefully when one of the peeps does a decent journey we will get better info. Plus Petrol is cheaper than Diesel so if it only matches it you are still saving a bit.

Also with the PHEV you will get better performance as it uses the motor torque to aid pulling away and have better resale values in the future.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Best MPG I’ve achieved is 40mpg on a long run. Usual is much less, short journeys I’m often into the 20’s.

·
Registered
2020 P300e R-Dynamic SE, white
36 Posts
I just completed my first longish journey which depleted the battery. I didn't have the option to charge at my destination or on way home. The full journey was 150miles ish but I got 41mpg which was fairly decent. Mostly im on EV and don't touch the petrol unless I put my foot down :).

Slightly off topic but my p300e is in the Garage for a few days to get a replacement variable valve solenoid. They have given me a 2021 Defender First Edition with loads of extras. Its a diesel but for the journeys i've done about town today it's only returned 20.1mpg. I thought maybe given Diesel it might have been a bitter better low 30's. Lovely car though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 300e 21 model and running about 90 mpg and after a charge says approx 32 mile range. Mpg would be better but getting periods when it will go into hybrid petrol and not go back to EV hybrid. An auto stop/start problem . Is anyone experiencing that on this discussion thread please?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have 300e 21 model and running about 90 mpg and after a charge says approx 32 mile range. Mpg would be better but getting periods when it will go into hybrid petrol and not go back to EV hybrid. An auto stop/start problem . Is anyone experiencing that on this discussion thread please?
Yes , happens to mine all the time. Has done from day one 6 months ago. Randomly decides it doesn’t want to run in EV mode at all , and won’t switch back until the next journey . - and thats with me avoiding putting any extra electrical load such as heater or air con which may force it to use the petrol engine .Had it back to the dealer for a software update but I’ve come to accept its a quirk of the car - it just runs in whatever mode it wants some days , and I don’t seem to have any control over it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes , happens to mine all the time. Has done from day one 6 months ago. Randomly decides it doesn’t want to run in EV mode at all , and won’t switch back until the next journey . - and thats with me avoiding putting any extra electrical load such as heater or air con which may force it to use the petrol engine .Had it back to the dealer for a software update but I’ve come to accept its a quirk of the car - it just runs in whatever mode it wants some days , and I don’t seem to have any control over it.
Thanks. When it is in petrol are you experiencing the auto stop/ start will not work? I think that disables all EV mode. Awaiting JLR answers. I think from various sources it’s the 12v system not being charged adequately by 48v inverter: again awaiting JLR answers. Also appears that the ‘stop start inhibited’ warning is at a lower voltage than the actual inhibition. Again awaiting answers

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks. When it is in petrol are you experiencing the auto stop/ start will not work? I think that disables all EV mode. Awaiting JLR answers. I think from various sources it’s the 12v system not being charged adequately by 48v inverter: again awaiting JLR answers. Also appears that the ‘stop start inhibited’ warning is at a lower voltage than the actual inhibition. Again awaiting answers
Yes , mine does exactly the same in relation stop start

·
Registered
MY21 Evoque R-design P300e Autobiography Eiger Grey
35 Posts
In my case, EV range is around 29 - 31 milles (warm weather). Yesterday I did 31milles with avg speed of 27,6 mph (around 20 milles of highway reaching 60-75 mph). To reach some figure near to 32 - 34 miles or better I think I should drive all in the city at really low speed (20-30-40 mph) and very carefully. I havent tried yet.

What I found totally impossible is to reach the 41 miles range announced originally (prior to October 2020) for the P300e.

I like to go in EV mode as it never starts the fuel engine unless you go to the "click" of the throttle or run out of battery...

·
Registered
332 Posts
In my case, EV range is around 29 - 31 milles (warm weather). Yesterday I did 31milles with avg speed of 27,6 mph (around 20 milles of highway reaching 60-75 mph). To reach some figure near to 32 - 34 miles or better I think I should drive all in the city at really low speed (20-30-40 mph) and very carefully. I havent tried yet.

What I found totally impossible is to reach the 41 miles range announced originally (prior to October 2020) for the P300e.

I like to go in EV mode as it never starts the fuel engine unless you go to the "click" of the throttle or run out of battery...
The best EV range I have achieved so far is 38 miles. My car is mostly used for short, low speed journeys and when used like this normally does between 32 and 36 miles on electric power only.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The best EV range I have achieved so far is 38 miles. My car is mostly used for short, low speed journeys and when used like this normally does between 32 and 36 miles on electric power only.
Nice !!! I think you have the EV range record of the forum !! ⚡⚡⚡

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
MY21 P300e Autobiography; Nolita grey; HUD; detachable tow bar/assist; massage seat; fogs; ioniser;
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Nice !!! I think you have the EV range record of the forum !! ⚡⚡⚡
I’ve done a few, longer journeys now (up to 180 miles, sometimes with a break and charge and sometimes without stopping). I’m very impressed with the mpg of the P300e and have also noted a couple of things that I’d not considered previously:

First, the mpg in hybrid mode is much better if using the car’s own sat-nav rather than Google maps etc. as the car sat-nav I think determines optimal use of battery vs petrol.

Second, the regenerative charging of the battery is more effective than I’d expected as on longer journeys I’ve reached as high as 44.3 EV miles even though at the start of the journey I’d had a range of 32 miles.

A few examples (if anyone is interested!):

a) start with full charge, used Google maps, 188 miles, Manchester-Reading @55 mph (I’m still running it in): 35 mpg

b) start with full charge, used car sat-nav, 188 miles, Manchester-Reading with a break and part-charge @ speeds of 53 mph and 45mph: 60 mpg and 74 mpg

c) start with full charge, used car sat-nav, 175 miles, Henley-on-Thames-Manchester @53mph: 48mpg

d) start with 70% charge, used car sat-nav, 107 miles, Henley on Thames-Cannock @52 mph: 56 mpg.

Still learning more about it and as it nears 2,000 miles starting to increase motorway speeds.

On shorter journeys it will (just) do my round-trip to the office of 33 miles on all EV.

All the above in May/June so know that it will not be as EV efficient when ambient temperatures drop. However, for now, and with home electricity at 5p kWh and some free electricity when on-the-road I’m enjoying the new experience of the P300e.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’ve done a few, longer journeys now (up to 180 miles, sometimes with a break and charge and sometimes without stopping). I’m very impressed with the mpg of the P300e and have also noted a couple of things that I’d not considered previously:

First, the mpg in hybrid mode is much better if using the car’s own sat-nav rather than Google maps etc. as the car sat-nav I think determines optimal use of battery vs petrol.

Second, the regenerative charging of the battery is more effective than I’d expected as on longer journeys I’ve reached as high as 44.3 EV miles even though at the start of the journey I’d had a range of 32 miles.

A few examples (if anyone is interested!):

a) start with full charge, used Google maps, 188 miles, Manchester-Reading @55 mph (I’m still running it in): 35 mpg

b) start with full charge, used car sat-nav, 188 miles, Manchester-Reading with a break and part-charge @ speeds of 53 mph and 45mph: 60 mpg and 74 mpg

c) start with full charge, used car sat-nav, 175 miles, Henley-on-Thames-Manchester @53mph: 48mpg

d) start with 70% charge, used car sat-nav, 107 miles, Henley on Thames-Cannock @52 mph: 56 mpg.

Still learning more about it and as it nears 2,000 miles starting to increase motorway speeds.

On shorter journeys it will (just) do my round-trip to the office of 33 miles on all EV.

All the above in May/June so know that it will not be as EV efficient when ambient temperatures drop. However, for now, and with home electricity at 5p kWh and some free electricity when on-the-road I’m enjoying the new experience of the P300e.
Here is my data for MPG. I've done just 4 "long" trips of 100 milles aprox during last weks:

1) 104 milles / 68 mph avg / 1h37' / 28 milles (VE) : 31 MPG (run-in car)
2) 98 milles / 67 mph avg / 1h 32' / 5 milles (VE) : 22 MPG (run-in car)
3) 99 milles / 61 mph avg / 1h42' / 22 milles (VE) : 30,5 MPG
4) 94 milles / 69 mph avg / 1h26' / 23,5 milles (VE) : 32 MPG

In all the cases the speedometer was around 80 - 95 mph during speed-highway (70% of the trip). Hybrid mode. A/C on.

I am far to reach 50 MPG in this kind of trips. One cause is not starting the trips fully charged so need to improve the VE milles. Also still running-in the car. Main reason can be the average speed that is a bit high, it should be better something around 50 mph and not going over 70-75 mph of top speed. I am using 95 petrol.

For me reaching 40 MPG in a SUV of 4800 pounds will be good enough for a 100 milles trip starting fully charged.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I must be driving mine like an old man...because I seem to be getting very good mpg.
I dont do many long journeys but did a 108 mile round trip on Sunday and the journey log showed 38 miles were done on electric and 70 miles on the petrol engine. Overall mpg for the whole trip was 57 mpg .
When using only the petrol engine mine is doing between 35 and 40 mpg.
I have done 1650 miles from new so far and the petrol gauge is still showing 65% full. I make that less than 4 gallons used so far....which equates to 400+ mpg 😊

21 - 40 of 68 Posts