Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 P300e Autobiography; Nolita grey; HUD; detachable tow bar/assist; massage seat; fogs; ioniser;
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my P300e nine days now and covered just over 200 miles - so early days. A couple of early impressions on EV range and mpg:

The EV range is better than I feared, probably helped by the weather warming. The app is regularly indicating a range of over 30 miles and this is turning out to be the case. I did 32.2 last Sunday. I’m also finding the regenerative charging to be better than I had imagined although yet to properly assess this.

Most of my drives have been short trips around home. I have however done two trips of Manchester to Huddersfield in hybrid mode: 168mpg and 130mpg. I’m driving the car very steadily, partly because I’m wanting to run-in the car and I also tend to drive fairly lightly these days. A corresponding trip of Huddersfield to Manchester with very little battery returned 39mpg which I was also pleasantly surprised by.

More broadly I’m very impressed with the car and its functions. Other than the MY21 having only Lane Keep Assist and not Steering Assist there is nothing disappointing. I’m particularly enjoying:

• the brake ‘hold’ feature
  • more advanced adaptive cruise than on my old Evoque
  • Apple car play
  • live navigation maps
  • matrix headlamps
  • driving position and seat comfort

I’ll most likely be doing a 500 mile round-trip in early May: that will give me a chance to get a better impression. At this stage I can imagine keeping the car for many years. I may even have it converted to a hearse for later in life!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for your insights. You mention that MY21 has no Steering Assist? I was under the assumption this feature was part of the Driving Assist Pack and would indeed be a bummer if it lacks.

·
Registered
MY21 P300e Autobiography; Nolita grey; HUD; detachable tow bar/assist; massage seat; fogs; ioniser;
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your insights. You mention that MY21 has no Steering Assist? I was under the assumption this feature was part of the Driving Assist Pack and would indeed be a bummer if it lacks.
Certainly on the UK spec cars Steering Assist is no longer available. Lane Keep Assist is still available.

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
I am also very impressed with the EV range of my new P300e. Mine started off showing 32 or 33 miles available but that has now steadily increased to 36 and 37 miles. I have done almost 600 miles in mine now and the petrol tank still shows 95% full. A full charge over night costs me around 90p....works out about 7 times cheaper than petrol. Very happy so far!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wait till December comes back around - I was only getting 24 miles range as soon as the temperature dropped . I’m now back up to 33 miles now the weather is warmer.

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
332 Posts
Wait till December comes back around - I was only getting 24 miles range as soon as the temperature dropped . I’m now back up to 33 miles now the weather is warmer.
I've had mine since early March and had plenty of very cold weather but have never seen the EV range show less than 32 miles. Not sure the temperature has much to do with it. I do think it is affected more by useage of heated seats, climate control, lights, wipers, etc...and also driving style.

·
Registered
MY21 Evoque R Dynamic S P300e 1.5 - Fuji White
42 Posts
Had mine since 5th March and last few weeks it's been 35 or 36 miles when fully charged. Lowest I've seen it is 32 miles.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I might just be one of the unlucky ones . In the first 5 months of ownership it has been very troublesome despite only covering 1500 miles so far . Low EV range has been the least of my worries . It’s had more software updates than my iPhone and now the ICE has a malfunction and it’s back in the dealer for that . Mine was one of the first P300e’s off the production line , so I guess I’m a victim of being an early adopter perhaps. Hopefully my EV range will improve once my woes are all sorted - I drive it like an old fart and try to avoid heated seats , climate etc , but can’t get near the EV ranges quoted on this thread ........... lots of the early delivered p300e drivers like me on here were reporting mid 20s EV range back in January BTW .

·
Registered
MY21 P300e SE, priv glass, pano roof, wool interior, black pack...
45 Posts
I’m surprised by all the 30+ mile ranges, my car has covered 700 miles now (still on its first tank of petrol), but the EV range was only above 30 when I collected it, it steadily dropped to 24, but now it’s warming up a little it was back up to 27 yesterday.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I’m surprised by all the 30+ mile ranges, my car has covered 700 miles now (still on its first tank of petrol), but the EV range was only above 30 when I collected it, it steadily dropped to 24, but now it’s warming up a little it was back up to 27 yesterday.
That’s been my experience . I got 1200 miles out of the 1st full tank of petrol , but rarely have I got a range more than 30 on EV - more like 24 to 28 . Hopefully the latest software updates I had last week may help. Very low temps did seem to affect the range for those of us who had them back in December and January. On days where the temp was around zero it usually refused to run in EV only mode .

·
Registered
332 Posts
Maybe after all the early criticism about lower than expected EV range Land Rover have been fitting improved battery packs into the more recent hybrid vehicles? Most of the 2021 built P300e owners I speak to seem to be getting EV ranges well into the mid 30's....the best mine has done so far is 38 miles.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Maybe after all the early criticism about lower than expected EV range Land Rover have been fitting improved battery packs into the more recent hybrid vehicles? Most of the 2021 built P300e owners I speak to seem to be getting EV ranges well into the mid 30's....the best mine has done so far is 38 miles.
I don’t think they have improved the battery pack . The dealer tells me the early MY21 vehicles were held back for a software update . My MY20.5 has just had that software update , and as soon as it was complete the ICE and EV range both went up by quite a bit . The MY21 vehicles also have a modified cam sensor bolt and mine is now in for that as well. So all being well after today my car should be performing as it should.

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, I’ve just joined and trying to decide between diesel and hybrid. Have any of you done a 200 mile motorway run, and if so, what kind of mpg are you seeing? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi there, I’ve just joined and trying to decide between diesel and hybrid. Have any of you done a 200 mile motorway run, and if so, what kind of mpg are you seeing? Thanks in advance
If you do a lot of motorway miles then better to go for the diesel....hybrids only make economic sense when used for short journeys, recharging every night at home, on cheap rate electric and doing most of your mileage on electric power.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you do a lot of motorway miles then better to go for the diesel....hybrids only make economic sense when used for short journeys, recharging every night at home, on cheap rate electric and doing most of your mileage on electric power.
I think that is good advice. That is to say, if you are doing regular long distances then a diesel that is not having to transport the additional weight of the PHEV battery will be better. I’ll be doing (in my P300e) my first 400 mile round trip in May and suspect it will be less efficient than my previous SD4. I will however be able to get a free charge before I head home on the 200 mile leg. I’ll post what mpg I achieve.

I will only be doing that 400 mile round trip once a month now (compared to every week previously). The vast majority of my other journeys will be on battery. My pre-purchase guess was that on that basis the P300e will be ok, if not better than my previous diesel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I took out a d180 auto on the motorway yesterday and couldn’t get better than 37mpg, and I was taking it easy. I’d be happy if I saw just over 40-45 in the hybrid on a run. I understand that in reality the petrol will be carrying the extra weight of the batteries, but my thought is that once up to motorway speed (assisted by the battery), it should be relatively efficient? There doesn’t ever seem to be any data on a longer trip on any reviews with a phev, it’s always about the short commute being fuel free.
I test drove a RAV4 and managed 76mpg on a motorway run, and although it was a relatively nice drive, but it wasn’t as nice as the evoque and the cabin isn’t a patch on it either.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have only done one journey using petrol only power so far. Mostly A roads,, with no EV assistance....average was 34 mpg.

·
Registered
MY21 Evoque R Dynamic S P300e 1.5 - Fuji White
42 Posts
Longest journey I've done one my P300e so far was around 59 miles. It was motorway and A roads. I averaged 49.6 mpg in Hybrid mode with average speed of 49mph. It reports that's 22.9 miles was on pure electric.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm very impressed with mine....so much smoother, quieter, faster and generally more refined than my previous Evoque. The extra saving on fuel costs is just an added bonus.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts