Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, help please, I had my Pod Point untethered charger installed Wednesday. On plugging the cable into the car the lights adjacent to the charge port in the car showed white = initializing, then went to flashing green = charging, but the flashing green did not stay on for the duration of the charge & there was no solid green light to show it was fully charged, I went by the app to see it was fully charged. I had bought a 10m 3 pin charger from Screwfix & I had no lights showing during charging, but assumed that was because it was not a JLR cable.
I phoned the dealership to query & was told to call out JLR assist!!! Please can someone enlighten me as to if your green lights flash continually while charging & does your green light stay on permanently until unplugged, which is what I expected. TQ in advance.

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic HSE MY20.5 Firenze red Sliding sun roof
13 Posts
Hi, help please, I had my Pod Point untethered charger installed Wednesday. On plugging the cable into the car the lights adjacent to the charge port in the car showed white = initializing, then went to flashing green = charging, but the flashing green did not stay on for the duration of the charge & there was no solid green light to show it was fully charged, I went by the app to see it was fully charged. I had bought a 10m 3 pin charger from Screwfix & I had no lights showing during charging, but assumed that was because it was not a JLR cable.
I phoned the dealership to query & was told to call out JLR assist!!! Please can someone enlighten me as to if your green lights flash continually while charging & does your green light stay on permanently until unplugged, which is what I expected. TQ in advance.
I use a 3-pin home charger cable at home and a Type 2 at public charging stations. The white light comes on when I open the flap (to help me see if it’s dark) when I plug in the light flashes green - I think it flashes more quickly at first while initialising then more steadily while charging. The light goes off when I lock the car, presumably to avoid drawing attention. I’ve never seen the solid green light but I always disconnect the other end first when I’ve finished charging.
Cheers, David

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic SE Nolita Grey two tone seats keyless entry black wheels fog lights spare wheel
131 Posts
Please can someone enlighten me as to if your green lights flash continually while charging & does your green light stay on permanently until unplugged, which is what I expected. TQ in advance.
I have an untethered Podpoint at home. The car port flashes green for a very short time when it first starts charging. Then no lights. I don't think that I have ever seen a solid green light. I look at the JLR app or Podpoint app to see if it is fully charged, but more often than not I just open the car door and the screen tells me the current charging status.

I am not using the supplied cable at home, I have bought a longer third party cable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use a 3-pin home charger cable at home and a Type 2 at public charging stations. The white light comes on when I open the flap (to help me see if it’s dark) when I plug in the light flashes green - I think it flashes more quickly at first while initialising then more steadily while charging. The light goes off when I lock the car, presumably to avoid drawing attention. I’ve never seen the solid green light but I always disconnect the other end first when I’ve finished charging.
Cheers, David
Cheers, David
TQ David

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an untethered Podpoint at home. The car port flashes green for a very short time when it first starts charging. Then no lights. I don't think that I have ever seen a solid green light. I look at the JLR app or Podpoint app to see if it is fully charged, but more often than not I just open the car door and the screen tells me the current charging status.

I am not using the supplied cable at home, I have bought a longer third party cable.
TQ for confirming yours does the same as mine.

Reactions: Whoever

·
Registered
48 Posts
The only time my car flashes white with pod point is when I have scheduled charging via pod point rather than the car, once the schedule time comes it will start going green.

Irrelevant of what device/cable is used, you will always get light indications.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only time my car flashes white with pod point is when I have scheduled charging via pod point rather than the car, once the schedule time comes it will start going green.

Irrelevant of what device/cable is used, you will always get light indications.
I had no lights with the 3 pin charger from Screwfix. Whilst charging is your Pod Point flashing green or steady green?

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic SE Nolita Grey two tone seats keyless entry black wheels fog lights spare wheel
131 Posts
Reactions: BJD

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess we must be mistaken BJD:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Would be nice to know what is correct. A while back I was told by a sales person, that the lights would flash green while charging & go to solid green once charged, which kinda makes sense!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Would be nice to know what is correct. A while back I was told by a sales person, that the lights would flash green while charging & go to solid green once charged, which kinda makes sense!

(But it doesn't work like that on my car)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
250 Posts
My charger shows a flashing blue light whilst charging. On the car socket the green light only flashes for a few seconds when initially plugged in, then it shows no lights during charging. Full charge is displayed on the car dashboard and also via a notification on the remote app.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My charger shows a flashing blue light whilst charging. On the car socket the green light only flashes for a few seconds when initially plugged in, then it shows no lights during charging. Full charge is displayed on the car dashboard and also via a notification on the remote app.
TQ but strange different cars are displaying different lights.

·
Registered
P300e R Dynamic HSE, Fuji White, Pano Roof, 20" Alloys
65 Posts
It flashes green for a few seconds then goes off while charging, the only time it will be a solid green is when you return to the car and its fully charged, but only when you unlock your car

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It flashes green for a few seconds then goes off well charging, the only time it will be a solid green is when you return to the car and its fully charged, but only when you unlock your car
TQ that is what mine is doing.

Reactions: Whoever

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I have a P300e, white light comes on when unlocked, plug cable in green light flashes until locked, steady green when unlocked after charging and display on dash shows 100%. I guess there are no lights during charging so as no current drain?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I have a P300e, white light comes on when unlocked, plug cable in green light flashes until locked, steady green when unlocked after charging and display on dash shows 100%. I guess there are no lights during charging so as no current drain? i mainly use the charger on timed, (off peak) so rarely ever see the green light until unlocking in the morning

1 - 17 of 17 Posts