Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Eigar grey P300se pan roof, privacy and dark alum trim
34 Posts
So did an extended drive last night .... for those that are interested.
Refinement is superb , much more comfortable and refined than my 2017 Audi A4 Avant. Probably down to Audi having stiffer suspension, which they all seem to have these days???

When in Ev mode, I think it has all the power it needs for City and A and B roads, you tend to drive it carefully so as to extend the range as much as possible. From early drives, 32 miles ish seems to be about what it does . It’s very relaxing and quite fun keeping the power band below 1700 which is when the engine seems to fire up. Once the engine does engage , it then seems to not want to turn off again? If you try and force it from hybrid to EV mode, a message pops up saying ‘ev mode temporarily unavailable’ . I’ll need to look into why that may be. But it’s early days so probably need to play about with it a bit more .

I’m new to JLR infortainemnt and have no complaints about the touch pro duo as of yet. It seems better than the 2017 Audi kit, so I’m not too disappointed to miss out on pivi pro at this stage .

can anyone clarify whether the SE trim has blind spot assist? I think the mirrors seem to have the light/markings for it but not had chance to see if theyare enabled

·
Registered
318 Posts
Refinement is superb , much more comfortable and refined than my 2017 Audi A4 Avant. Probably down to Audi having stiffer suspension, which they all seem to have these days???

When in Ev mode, I think it has all the power it needs for City and A and B roads, you tend to drive it carefully so as to extend the range as much as possible. From early drives, 32 miles ish seems to be about what it does . It’s very relaxing and quite fun keeping the power band below 1700 which is when the engine seems to fire up. Once the engine does engage , it then seems to not want to turn off again? If you try and force it from hybrid to EV mode, a message pops up saying ‘ev mode temporarily unavailable’ . I’ll need to look into why that may be. But it’s early days so probably need to play about with it a bit more .

I’m new to JLR infortainemnt and have no complaints about the touch pro duo as of yet. It seems better than the 2017 Audi kit, so I’m not too disappointed to miss out on pivi pro at this stage .

can anyone clarify whether the SE trim has blind spot assist? I think the mirrors seem to have the light/markings for it but not had chance to see if theyare enabled
Thanks for the review Al. Keep them coming

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,365 Posts

Sounds good (y)
I wonder if the engine stays on until it's at normal running temperature or something similar to save lots of cold starts?

NB. It's good to update your forum profile with your Evoque year and spec to make it easy for people to see what you have :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone
Have any of you thats ordered your new evoques had a conirmed build date. I ordered mine in the 4th of june and am still waiting on a build date so 5 months on still no further to a date.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,644 Posts
@ALX55 blind spot assist is standard on the MY21 SE so I'd take a guess and say you have it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi everyone
Have any of you thats ordered your new evoques had a conirmed build date. I ordered mine in the 4th of june and am still waiting on a build date so 5 months on still no further to a date.
Ordered mine in June 9th and took delivery last Tuesday. Original build date was September 26th, but was then held at the factory for unknown reason.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So have done a fair bit more driving now and I am loving the car. The transition between battery and engine is seem less and you can’t really tell by noise or feel, only giveaway is seeing the Rev needle wake up.

Iv done 200 miles of mixed driving and the journey log has me averaging about 135mpg.
When it was very cold a few days ago (2c) all day in Edinburgh, the battery range seemed to take a hit, range when fully charged was only 25 miles. But apart from that still been getting 30ish miles.

This is the first car I’ve had with LED lights, which I think are a major improvement over the xenon in my Audi A4. The high beam assist is a nice touch and works really well.

Iv not quite got the hang of ‘pre conditioning’ and timed departures yet. Also when I activate climate from app whilst plugged in, it still seems to use up battery capacity. I though it would just use the mains electricity for this? Perhaps I’m doing It wrong. Anyone else been able to set the time departures, climate , battery preconditioning ok?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi everyone
Don’t want to put you off but I originally ordered mine in March P250, then hybrid launched April so I changed it to hybrid HSE r dynamic due September, the the autobiography was launched with Nolita Grey so changed again with a December build, that was then revised by JLR to jan 8th build, that’s now been revised to jan 15th build hoping for delivery end of jan.
So now I’m at the stage that when they say it’s at the showroom, I’ll know it’s ready. Driving a hired Peugeot 208 currently.. nice car but not a Range Rover and it’s not helping my back lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
So have done a fair bit more driving now and I am loving the car. The transition between battery and engine is seem less and you can’t really tell by noise or feel, only giveaway is seeing the Rev needle wake up.

Iv done 200 miles of mixed driving and the journey log has me averaging about 135mpg.
When it was very cold a few days ago (2c) all day in Edinburgh, the battery range seemed to take a hit, range when fully charged was only 25 miles. But apart from that still been getting 30ish miles.

This is the first car I’ve had with LED lights, which I think are a major improvement over the xenon in my Audi A4. The high beam assist is a nice touch and works really well.

Iv not quite got the hang of ‘pre conditioning’ and timed departures yet. Also when I activate climate from app whilst plugged in, it still seems to use up battery capacity. I though it would just use the mains electricity for this? Perhaps I’m doing It wrong. Anyone else been able to set the time departures, climate , battery preconditioning ok?

Hi,

Glad you are enjoying the car.

I did have some issues with the timed preheating and also the 'on demand', if you like, preheating. The Land Rover Remote app updated on my phone a few days ago and since then it has worked perfectly.

One of the updates to the app that I noticed added a drop down function on the Remote page, top left Climate, you can now choose to use the battery or engine. I think this is purely for the on demand - heat me now function. However, if you are plugged in for charging it will not allow you to use the engine. If you are plugged in and you commence heating the vehicle then this is drawn from the car's drive battery, never from the mains. But if you are plugged in the drive battery will get topped up. I suppose it depends what rating of charger you use. I am guessing that if you commence an on demand cabin heat up whilst being plugged in to say a 3.6kw charger it might not top up fast enough to keep the charge at 100%. I use the timed preheat function at home and using a 7kw charger the car is always at 100% when I drive away.

Initially the timed heat up would not work at all for me until the app update, so it's worth checking if you need to update it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the information.

I think Iv worked out the timed climate departures and battery preconditioning now. Hopefully it wasn’t just a one off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

Glad you are enjoying the car.

I did have some issues with the timed preheating and also the 'on demand', if you like, preheating. The Land Rover Remote app updated on my phone a few days ago and since then it has worked perfectly.

One of the updates to the app that I noticed added a drop down function on the Remote page, top left Climate, you can now choose to use the battery or engine. I think this is purely for the on demand - heat me now function. However, if you are plugged in for charging it will not allow you to use the engine. If you are plugged in and you commence heating the vehicle then this is drawn from the car's drive battery, never from the mains. But if you are plugged in the drive battery will get topped up. I suppose it depends what rating of charger you use. I am guessing that if you commence an on demand cabin heat up whilst being plugged in to say a 3.6kw charger it might not top up fast enough to keep the charge at 100%. I use the timed preheat function at home and using a 7kw charger the car is always at 100% when I drive away.

Initially the timed heat up would not work at all for me until the app update, so it's worth checking if you need to update it.
Hi Tristar,

Thanks for the above info. The updated app is certainly an improvement and can easily now preheat cabin on demand using the batteries. I'm still not getting the hang of timed departures/pre conditioning. I've had it work twice out of about 10 times. I'm wondering if there is a quirk that I'm missing. Have you had any success and what's the process you follow?

Hi

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve emailed my lease broker and asked him the model year.

Also asked him if the build hasn’t started what are the options to change the spec to an Autobiography.
I had email confirmation today from JLR marketing, the 2021 P300e Autobiography has the newer steering wheel. Its a cost option for the Velar but was unsure as many spec lists differed. I personally prefer the newer wheel so happy about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Tristar,

Thanks for the above info. The updated app is certainly an improvement and can easily now preheat cabin on demand using the batteries. I'm still not getting the hang of timed departures/pre conditioning. I've had it work twice out of about 10 times. I'm wondering if there is a quirk that I'm missing. Have you had any success and what's the process you follow?

Hi ALX55,

All was well until yesterday morning. Went out to the car and it had not pre-heated. I also have it set for pre-heating for when I leave work and again this didn't work either. Last night I disabled both time settings via the app then enabled them again, this morning, nothing. Not sure what has changed. At the weekend I have no schedules set but I did use the "on-demand-heat-up-now" function on the app and it worked fine. This morning, whilst sat in traffic, I did a left swipe on the top screen in the car and went into Vehicle Departures. After a second or so the screen basically said the system was off. I have not seen this before and there is an on-off button top left of the screen. I pressed this and it now says the next schedule warm up time is my departure time from work so I am hoping this is it......back on it! If this does work, and I will know by about 4;40pm(!) then Idon't know why it was switched to off. The only thing I can think of is on Saturday when I used the on-demand-heat-me-up-before-you-go-go function it turns the scheduled heat up to off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Let me know! Iv set timed climate and precondition for tomorrow via touch screen in car. It’s also registered on the app. Fingers crossed.

on other news, the V on the Range Rover decals on bonnet has peeled off, and the oval Landrover badge doesn’t look to secure on the rear either. Service department have got it booked in for this week to fix. Not great on a brand new motor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Let me know! Iv set timed climate and precondition for tomorrow via touch screen in car. It’s also registered on the app. Fingers crossed.

on other news, the V on the Range Rover decals on bonnet has peeled off, and the oval Landrover badge doesn’t look to secure on the rear either. Service department have got it booked in for this week to fix. Not great on a brand new motor.
Success! We have FIRE.....well as close as you can get without actually having fire.

Bad news on the decals. Too much pressure washing Mr?!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow, you can see the insecure "V" in your picture from two weeks ago!

Reactions: HmmmUK

·
Registered
34 Posts
You’ve a keen eye. I imagine the garage will just apply some trick glue. To be honest Iv been expecting worse with everyone telling me how unreliable landrover are. But I’m still really happy, it feels a special car and makes me smile when I see it on the drive. So I’m more than prepared for a few more issues .....

21 - 40 of 45 Posts