Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered this vehicle in July and it arrived in December, however when we purchased it the vehicle was advertised 42miles on Pure EV mode.

however when recieved i found out they changed the specs and now only does 34 miles on EV, no one bothered to tell us that the advertised 42mile range was a mistake in their figures

we do like evoque and its fun to drive however feel let down as we were sold a 42mile range EV which would have been enough for a full commute to work but it only does 34, where do i stand regarding this does anyone know?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Did they really advertise with 42 mile range......wow.........and are you really getting 34 as that is what I understood was about the official range which in the real world for any hybrid is always overstated (much like MPG figures used to be.....its is possible but not to a normal driver in the real world)....

Its an interesting question of whether you where missold or not if you relied on that as part of your buying decision as it is a material difference. The only comparable I can give is that I ordered my 2017 diesel partly on the premise of the advertised 20k mile / 2 year service history......the problem being that with not untypical for this type of car, lots of short trips and low mileage you effectively get around 12 months / 8000 miles between oil changes due to oil dilution.......JLR handled this within a year or so (when the problem was presumably recognised internally) by changing the wording of the brochures to include words to the effect of “depending on driving style”.......that “covered” them from a certain date but they also offer “goodwill” free interim oil changes under certain criteria for a much extended 10 years / 50,000 miles over the normal warranty period......you have to assume they did this as they would have been liable for mis selling claims had they not ensured an owner should not suffer a financial loss for the additional servicing....

How comparable that is to changing the official range after orders have been placed .....well sounds pretty similar to me ....but maybe not as straightforward / consistent in quantifying the effect / loss each owner would then suffer ?

Ps BMW have proven what is possible with an SUV real world with the new X5e....as per normal real world is less than claimed (I think claimed is around 60) but at 40 miles plus it makes a massive difference to the number of people who can “commute” at that ......JLR are already at least one generation behind the development curve with their “new” models

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did they really advertise with 42 mile range......wow.........and are you really getting 34 as that is what I understood was about the official range which in the real world for any hybrid is always overstated (much like MPG figures used to be.....its is possible but not to a normal driver in the real world)....

Its an interesting question of whether you where missold or not if you relied on that as part of your buying decision as it is a material difference. The only comparable I can give is that I ordered my 2017 diesel partly on the premise of the advertised 20k mile / 2 year service history......the problem being that with not untypical for this type of car, lots of short trips and low mileage you effectively get around 12 months / 8000 miles between oil changes due to oil dilution.......JLR handled this within a year or so (when the problem was presumably recognised internally) by changing the wording of the brochures to include words to the effect of “depending on driving style”.......that “covered” them from a certain date but they also offer “goodwill” free interim oil changes under certain criteria for a much extended 10 years / 50,000 miles over the normal warranty period......you have to assume they did this as they would have been liable for mis selling claims had they not ensured an owner should not suffer a financial loss for the additional servicing....

How comparable that is to changing the official range after orders have been placed .....well sounds pretty similar to me ....but maybe not as straightforward / consistent in quantifying the effect / loss each owner would then suffer ?

Ps BMW have proven what is possible with an SUV real world with the new X5e....as per normal real world is less than claimed (I think claimed is around 60) but at 40 miles plus it makes a massive difference to the number of people who can “commute” at that ......JLR are already at least one generation behind the development curve with their “new” models
Yeah when i signed up for the car the sales adviser reffered me to the the Land Rover website, which clearly had 42 mile range advertised.so i thought that was great and decided to go ahead.

i never expected the 42 mile range to do 42 miles if you get what i mean due to real world driving i thought if i get 33-35 with real world driving would be enough for the commute.

so imagine my surprise when we recieve the vehicle and it gives you a 34 mile max range with a maximum of about 20-23 miles in real world driving terms so far!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sounds to me like a case of mis selling ........ the difference to the oil dilution is that I’m not sure what the remedy would be (ie in that case it was free interim services so the customer was not disadvantaged materially)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I have owned my p300e range rover evoque for just over 2 months now. It is just mental. I just love it.

I have always loved the style of the evoque but they always lagged in performance considerably. This new hybrid model though seriously brings it to a whole new level.
The new evoque is not only 100% Best in class for style inside and out, it now has performance. Its heaven.

I would recommend this motor for sure. Yes it's not as quick as a full electric but the price for them motors just ain't worth it right now, maybe a further 3-4yrs. Our infrastructure is not here yet either so hybrid all way for now I'd say. the electric models out also don't come near this for style.

Anybody else love there new p300e 1.5.. be good to here experiences..
we are thinking of buying one what’s the engine like when it’s all on its own does it feel strained , I know it’s got about 200hp on its own so assume it’s still a nice drive without electric assistance?

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
140 Posts
we are thinking of buying one what’s the engine like when it’s all on its own does it feel strained , I know it’s got about 200hp on its own so assume it’s still a nice drive without electric assistance?
The 3 cylinder 1.5 petrol engine is a brilliant little engine....obviously not quite as smooth and refined as a 4 cylinder but still has plenty of power when used without the EV assistance. Overall the P300e is lovely to drive....fast, quiet and incredibly economical. I am happy to recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
Eigar grey P300se pan roof, privacy and dark alum trim
77 Posts
My P300e is 6 months in, 4500 miles. Agree that the refinement and engine are very refined . However ..... I had a engine warning light come on, turns out it needs a new ‘actuator bolt’ something to do with camshaft. Car not drivable . I’m not a mechanic so don’t know any more than that. LR says it could take 2 weeks or 2 months to fix , covid parts delays etc etc etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 3 cylinder 1.5 petrol engine is a brilliant little engine....obviously not quite as smooth and refined as a 4 cylinder but still has plenty of power when used without the EV assistance. Overall the P300e is lovely to drive....fast, quiet and incredibly economical. I am happy to recommend it to anyone.
thanks for the replies, do you find once the battery is ‘empty’ it generates from the brakes a little to give it a push like the MHEVs? Or are you solely on ICE once empty?

·
Registered
Evoque P300e R-Dynamic HSE
19 Posts
You’ll get a bit back from the regenerative breaking to aid in acceleration etc. Same
As what happens if using on save mode on motorway. Seems to store up some charge from the breaking to use if putting foot down

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
140 Posts
thanks for the replies, do you find once the battery is ‘empty’ it generates from the brakes a little to give it a push like the MHEVs? Or are you solely on ICE once empty?
The battery is never allowed to become fully 'empty'. A percentage of battery charge is always kept in reserve....so even when the EV range is showing zero there is still some battery assistance available if needed.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts