Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
P300e 1.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have owned my p300e range rover evoque for just over 2 months now. It is just mental. I just love it.

I have always loved the style of the evoque but they always lagged in performance considerably. This new hybrid model though seriously brings it to a whole new level.
The new evoque is not only 100% Best in class for style inside and out, it now has performance. Its heaven.

I would recommend this motor for sure. Yes it's not as quick as a full electric but the price for them motors just ain't worth it right now, maybe a further 3-4yrs. Our infrastructure is not here yet either so hybrid all way for now I'd say. the electric models out also don't come near this for style.

Anybody else love there new p300e 1.5.. be good to here experiences..

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting your new car & also putting the details in your signature 👏

It’s so nice to hear of someone joining to heap praise on the RRE whichever model, rather than to want help with one issue or another.
It’s better still that you have the latest model and that you love it so much.
There aren‘t that any members with the same car as you, I doubt that there are that many on the roads yet, but as time goes on I think we will see more of them around, and hopefully all having the same experience with them as you 👍

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Yep, glad you are enjoying the car.
😀👍

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
All we need now are some pics 👀

That’s of the car btw.😁

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
721 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Please do share some real detail of your experiences.

Is yours the P300e with Pivi Pro or the original In Control Touchpro Duo (ICTP) system?

The Model Year of your Evoque will be 2021 if your car has the new Pivi Pro or 2020.5 if it has the ICTP.

·
Registered
Evoque P300e R-Dynamic HSE
18 Posts
I concur with this entirely. I’m really impressed with mine too.

Been following the treads on this forum since the the delayed delivery and ev mileage downgrade debacle, both of which were problems for me, but I absolutely agree. I love this car and am surprised there isn’t much more positive commentary like this. Ive come from a 4 series m sport which wasn’t crap by anyones estimation, but this is my favourite vehicle I’ve ever had bar none.

Apart from it being a beautiful car, I find it really fun to drive. Inititially I was planning to use ev mode a lot for short journeys but the reduction in ev miles kind of put paid to that. I now use it in hybrid mode everywhere bar motorways and find it really enjoyable to drive, much more so than my 4 series whose Diesel engine tones were completely indistinguishable from that of a 1985 transit van. In hybrid the electric motor deals with most of the acceleration unless youre particularly lead footed but even then a lot of the heavy lifting has already been done which makes the engine pretty much silent when it cuts in. Without the electric motor the first few gears on the gearbox are quite throaty, though I would argue still more pleasant than a lot of modern diesels.

The cabin is one of the most premium finishes I’ve ever been in and the seats and driving position are infinitely more comfortable that the beemer I had, albeit firmer.

The only niggles I have are the reduced ev mileage (a shame because that’s the most fun way to drive it) and the ‘dead on arrival‘ touch pro duo that was superseded apparently before my car left the factory which was obviously a slap in the face. That being said, it’s not shite and still loads better than the 2016 idrive infotainment I was using before, so I’ve almost stopped caring now.

in summary, I love it, even on motorways where I thought it would be terrible, I just wish there was more electric mileage available as that’s where the most fun is to be had.

·
Registered
P300e 1.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I concur with this entirely. I’m really impressed with mine too.

Been following the treads on this forum since the the delayed delivery and ev mileage downgrade debacle, both of which were problems for me, but I absolutely agree. I love this car and am surprised there isn’t much more positive commentary like this. Ive come from a 4 series m sport which wasn’t crap by anyones estimation, but this is my favourite vehicle I’ve ever had bar none.

Apart from it being a beautiful car, I find it really fun to drive. Inititially I was planning to use ev mode a lot for short journeys but the reduction in ev miles kind of put paid to that. I now use it in hybrid mode everywhere bar motorways and find it really enjoyable to drive, much more so than my 4 series whose Diesel engine tones were completely indistinguishable from that of a 1985 transit van. In hybrid the electric motor deals with most of the acceleration unless youre particularly lead footed but even then a lot of the heavy lifting has already been done which makes the engine pretty much silent when it cuts in. Without the electric motor the first few gears on the gearbox are quite throaty, though I would argue still more pleasant than a lot of modern diesels.

The cabin is one of the most premium finishes I’ve ever been in and the seats and driving position are infinitely more comfortable that the beemer I had, albeit firmer.

The only niggles I have are the reduced ev mileage (a shame because that’s the most fun way to drive it) and the ‘dead on arrival‘ touch pro duo that was superseded apparently before my car left the factory which was obviously a slap in the face. That being said, it’s not shite and still loads better than the 2016 idrive infotainment I was using before, so I’ve almost stopped caring now.

in summary, I love it, even on motorways where I thought it would be terrible, I just wish there was more electric mileage available as that’s where the most fun is to be had.
Great write up. I to faced that ev mode reduced mileage issue the day I collected car. Expected 42 miles, then they tell me 34 miles. I use mine in EV mode every day to and from work. It only goes to 23-25 miles range though. Would be interested to know how many miles you get on charge? I called dealer up and they said it's only charging this much because its winter and you use more electric.
I not so sure.

Maybe one day we will be able to purchase a booster pack or replacement battery to boost the range. I was thinking in 2-3yrs time they may release a hybrid model with 60miles range. This would be the perfect solution. I wouldn't want to change my car but I would change battery if possible.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
They may at some point have a greater capacity battery, but not sure If they will develop another hybrid with the cut off date for selling new petrol & diesel cars having already been brought forward once & that might happen again as pressures increase to become carbon neutral in the U.K. I suppose if they’re still selling the hybrid in 5 years time, there will probably be a better battery in them by then.

·
Registered
Evoque P300e R-Dynamic HSE
18 Posts
A
Great write up. I to faced that ev mode reduced mileage issue the day I collected car. Expected 42 miles, then they tell me 34 miles. I use mine in EV mode every day to and from work. It only goes to 23-25 miles range though. Would be interested to know how many miles you get on charge? I called dealer up and they said it's only charging this much because its winter and you use more electric.
I not so sure.

Maybe one day we will be able to purchase a booster pack or replacement battery to boost the range. I was thinking in 2-3yrs time they may release a hybrid model with 60miles range. This would be the perfect solution. I wouldn't want to change my car but I would change battery if possible.
A full charge the other day gave me 28 miles on the dash. As a general rule though it seems to use about 5 dashboard miles for every 3 actual miles. This is my first EV so have no real comparison but doesnt seem out of the ordinary for EVs from what I’ve read especially in the middle of winter. I too wish you could upgrade the battery capacity, or atleast allow for some some kind of swappable upgrade as the technology evolves but given this is rarely possible with even just with the infotainment in vehicles, I don't see it happening.

The fact that there are 3 different different types of plug on the market and you seem to have to download a new app every time you charge publically is also another unnecessary nuisance that will need to be addressed at some point for EVs to really take off. Hopefully all of these things will start to improve as the vehicles become more mainstream as I guess the lack of universality is the price of early(ish) adoption. I’m still glad I took the plunge though and hopefully by the next one, a lot of these things will be ironed out.

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
635 Posts
Welcome and good to see you are enjoying your new wheels!

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque P300e SE
8 Posts
Hello, my RR Evoque P300e will be delivered at the end of March and I am happy to join this forum and especially to see positive comments on the car, I was a little scared at the beginning to see only negative posts. I hope that JLR is in the process of dealing with all the anomalies that have been reported by their customers so far. I can't wait to get your feedback, 🤞

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,860 Posts
@HBO welcome to the forum (y)

Reactions: HBO

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Welcome 🙋🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I called the dealer today to check the build condition of my evoque, good news he has confirmed that the delivery date will still be maintained, the vehicle goes into production in mid February. I asked to make a correction on the rims but the salesperson replied that it is not possible, I was surprised by his answer because it remains almost a month for the manufacture, will you find that normal? do i have to contact the Land Rover France parent company?

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
635 Posts
They’ve probably started the process of manufacturing/ordering in the parts for your vehicle so can’t change anything now as all signed off

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is his response:
Unfortunately the vehicle is no longer modifiable because even if it has not yet been produced in the factory, modifications are blocked long before production. If you absolutely want these rims, you will have to order an accessory.

he suggests that I go through the accessories that cost twice as much, I think that's a shame

·
Registered
P300e 1.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello, my RR Evoque P300e will be delivered at the end of March and I am happy to join this forum and especially to see positive comments on the car, I was a little scared at the beginning to see only negative posts. I hope that JLR is in the process of dealing with all the anomalies that have been reported by their customers so far. I can't wait to get your feedback, 🤞
Well worth the wait. Loads of people complement the style of the motor.. and boy it shifts for a heavy motor.

·
Registered
P300e 1.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well worth the wait. Loads of people complement the style of the motor.. and boy it shifts for a heavy motor.
Here is his response:
Unfortunately the vehicle is no longer modifiable because even if it has not yet been produced in the factory, modifications are blocked long before production. If you absolutely want these rims, you will have to order an accessory.

he suggests that I go through the accessories that cost twice as much, I think that's a shame
They gave me a 2 day window to make changes after order placement. Sorry to see u couldn't upgrade. You will still love the motor when it arrives. What colour have you gone for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
They gave me a 2 day window to make changes after order placement. Sorry to see u couldn't upgrade. You will still love the motor when it arrives. What colour have you gone for?
I chose the lantau bronze color, with the black pack, dark tinted rear window and the contrasting black roof

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, can someone tell us more about the sport mode for evoque p300e, does it have the feel of a sports car? Are we stuck to the seat at full speed? is the turbo on the 1.5 L engine really efficient? thank you for your feedback

1 - 20 of 24 Posts