Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Deposit with Dealer 13th December, told wait for LR to request next orders, any info on how long this takes and how it works ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well i paid on June 27th and I have been waiting for LR request enough orders to get to my space on the waiting list. This has just happened a full six months after order. I would think you would be looking at the same sort of wait. I think i will get my car late feb or early march.

Basically your dealer takes your deposit and puts you in a "holding pool" of orders, LR then allocate each dealer a number of build slots every month (roughly) the dealer then takes orders from their holding pool and allocates them to a build slot. Officially this is done in the order the deposits are taken.

So for example say you are 51st on your dealers list and they get 10 cars a month allocated then you will wait 6 months for a build slot. Cars seem to be generally built 4 to 8 weeks after a build slot is given.

·
Registered
134 Posts
finaly mine has arrived yesterday loving it... when they say its worth the wait it really is hope you guys and gals get yours sooner rather than later
all the best

·
Registered
1 Posts
< = =text/ ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
hii ordered my car in nov and have been told jan 21 del. is this a bit of salesman bluff?
i have seen cars advertised in auto trader and am beging to get in patient. hope LR can deliver

·
Registered
219 Posts
martyn s said:
< = =text/ ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> hii ordered my car in nov and have been told jan 21 del. is this a bit of salesman bluff?
i have seen cars advertised in auto trader and am beging to get in patient. hope LR can deliver

Maybe he is telling the truth however i would be bloody amazed if this is true. If they ase going to deliver jan 21st you should already have a confirmed build and delivery.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Get onto LR customer Service and they will check things out for you. I did and it took Satpal a day to come back but then chased things through and kept me informed. I was telling the dealer what was going on before they knew. My dealer didn't have a date but LR CS did.

·
10,626 Posts
martyn s.

I think if you were to read the delays and order threads on here and other forums you will find 3 or less months from order to delivery is exceptional.

Many forum members have an 8 month wait or longer.

I ordered Oct 11 with a June 12 delivery, even with the factory crank up I'll be lucky to get mine in March.

So if your dealer is right you are very lucky.

Patience is the watchword for Evoque buyers.

Not many people have bought from the traders/speculators as their cars do not match buyers specs, and the they are marked up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,
Sent email to dealer, but waiting reply, will update when I get reply.

I only ordered in December, but reading this forums it is not very encouraging.

·
Registered
219 Posts
quick mick said:
Hi all,
Sent email to dealer, but waiting reply, will update when I get reply.

I only ordered in December, but reading this forums it is not very encouraging.

Your dealer will have no update, your order will be in the holding pool and will stay there until they have enough cars allocated for it to be your turn. Where you are on your dealers list will dictate when you are likely to get a car.

As dealers allocations seem to vary month to month I doubt they will be able to give you any meaningful update. I predict may or june delivery for you though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Best wishes from the Netherlands!

Starting the new year with a smile, my RRE will be delivered next week.
Dynamic, 5drs, white.

Looking forward to join the happy RRE squad :))

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered mine (see below) on Dec 19th.Have been advised that it was placed in the pool on Dec 19th, expected build date is now April with Delivery early May - hope the dealer was meaning 2012!
So just under 6 months from order. Willing to wait that period for RRE for sure but things will become more fraught if it exceeds 7 months.
Get use to the car in the summer and ready for Scottish winter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All
I ordered my evoque on the 28th December , was told that at the latest I would receive it Is in June. Could be available earlier , we will wait and see.
I'm really looking forward to it .
I have ordered the evoque pure coupe , tech pack, style pack , rear camera , privacy glass.
Edited by: Tickeryboo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tickeryboo

Perth, Scotland or Perth, WA?

If scotland, have you been to the Land Rover Experience Centre at Dunkeld?

I will be going for Off Road and Winter Driving Experience's prior to my RRE's arrival.

If Perth, WA will be there for meetings in Feb 12

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi when i ordered mine in Dec i got told to expect it about May, they would be in touch about march to finalise the order

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pre-ordered mine in September here in Texas and received it on 12/16. I was originally told about 11/30, so it wasn't too far off. My dealership told me that when I picked mine up, new orders were estimating a March delivery. It is well worth the wait for the Evoque!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Broadsword1959 said:
Tickeryboo

I will be going for Off Road and Winter Driving Experience's prior to my RRE's arrival.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tickeryboo said:
Broadsword1959 said:
Tickeryboo

Hi
I am from Perth Scotland , never been to the Dunkeld off road experience but have heard it's a lot of fun . Will probably go at some point . Keep us posted as to how you get on.

Tickety Boo

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was called by my dealer just before Christmas, mine was still in the dealer pool but should be submitted to build some time towards the end of Jan. he also says I'll be on track to get mine end of Feb/ start of March. He is going to send me screen grabs of where the order is at once it's been picked up and the factory.

Time will tell I suppose but hope it's on time!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts