Evoque Owners Club banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unfortunately we are still waiting for any news at all, Have contacted Land Rover customer services just like Jimmy James and to be honest have been told about 5 different stories now and actually find the customer services quite shambolic, this has put a huge downer on our whole experience :-(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think Jimmy James hit gold getting his sorted so swiftly.
I contacted JLR customer services on 31st March and raised a case, they sent the details through to my dealership on sometime between the 2nd and 6th April for them to order the part so it could be line picked. It was only acknowledged by the dealership last Tuesday (13th April) and they finally sent the order through yesterday after JLR contacted the business manager at the dealership to get it sorted. I am being contacted tomorrow with an update which should hopefully be that the part is on the way.

The problem I have had with regards to JLR customer services has been trying to get the dealership to talk to JLR and trying to explain that I know there is not a fix in place, but there is a fix for me. I have found it exhausting trying to find out from the dealership if they have had contact, then if they have filled out the form. Then chasing JLR to see if they have received anything.

With regards to anybody who has not contacted JLR to complain/raise a case/have a part line picked, there is still no fix in place for the recall. My dealership forwarded me an email last Monday from JLR technical saying "we are awaiting parts, once they are available the UPS with repair will be issued." Obviously the fix for the majority is awaiting the new parts, you would have thought that at 6 weeks after the recall was issued they would know how long the parts were going to take to arrive.

So in conclusion, for me:
Car was supposed to be picked up on 26th March
Case raised with JLR on 31st March
Hopefully part is on the way to the dealership tomorrow and I should be driving away in the next few days - 4 weeks later!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m on holiday without my new car.
The dealership called me on Tuesday (20th April) to say they had no news for me but asked when I was coming home from holiday. I told them I was returning on Monday (26th April) as my email to them last week and hoped to be picking my car up on the way home.
I’m no further forward and resent the fact that I don’t get updated and I can see this being the last time I buy an Evoque or any car from Land Rover. Very poor on their part!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think Jimmy James hit gold getting his sorted so swiftly.
I contacted JLR customer services on 31st March and raised a case, they sent the details through to my dealership on sometime between the 2nd and 6th April for them to order the part so it could be line picked. It was only acknowledged by the dealership last Tuesday (13th April) and they finally sent the order through yesterday after JLR contacted the business manager at the dealership to get it sorted. I am being contacted tomorrow with an update which should hopefully be that the part is on the way.

The problem I have had with regards to JLR customer services has been trying to get the dealership to talk to JLR and trying to explain that I know there is not a fix in place, but there is a fix for me. I have found it exhausting trying to find out from the dealership if they have had contact, then if they have filled out the form. Then chasing JLR to see if they have received anything.

With regards to anybody who has not contacted JLR to complain/raise a case/have a part line picked, there is still no fix in place for the recall. My dealership forwarded me an email last Monday from JLR technical saying "we are awaiting parts, once they are available the UPS with repair will be issued." Obviously the fix for the majority is awaiting the new parts, you would have thought that at 6 weeks after the recall was issued they would know how long the parts were going to take to arrive.

So in conclusion, for me:
Car was supposed to be picked up on 26th March
Case raised with JLR on 31st March
Hopefully part is on the way to the dealership tomorrow and I should be driving away in the next few days - 4 weeks later!
I can’t understand what the delay is and why we are being told parts are on the way and should be with us Monday etc, when they clearly have no idea themselves!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do not know who is saying parts are on the way, from what I have been told they are not. If JLR a week ago had no update I cannot see how any parts can be on the way. Surely if they know the parts are on the way they would give an update, regardless of the duration. I cannot imagine the parts are going to arrive overnight, there must be a certain amount of time for them to get through the supply chain.

You would be best calling JLR on 0370 5000500, tell them how annoyed you are, they will raise a case and a case handler will contact you within a couple of days. If they do not say they are going to get your dealership to place an order for the part and line pick it, tell them to do it. I would contact your dealership and tell them this is happening and get them to chase/follow up with JLR as much as possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On my return from holiday yesterday was informed that I had to sign for my payment plan again following their mistake in taking a payment from my account despite the fact that I didn't have the car. I asked when my car would be ready for collection. The girl in finance said as far as she knew it was today! No one had said anything to me about that. I called in to the showroom on my way home to sign the agreement again (I had asked for it to be emailed to me and I could sign on the way up and pick the car up at the same time but they didn't email it through - best shot on their part was to ask if it was in my junk mail....no it wasn't). Signed but car wasn't ready!! Said I would pick it up today as we didn't want to wait after a 5 hour drive back.
Anyway watch this space and I will tell you if I manage to collect today!
For all their fancy dan showrooms these people haven't got a clue about customer service. Doesn't matter about sending out "how did we do" questionnaires, just treat people with a bit of respect!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was told by the person at JLR handling my case on Thursday (22nd April) that my line picked part was being sent last Friday (23rd April) with the dealerships general parts order and should be with them within a couple of days. It is now Tuesday and I have not heard anything from the dealership. I have a callback scheduled with JLR today so am holding out for that before checking with the dealership.

I have only paid a £99 order deposit up to now and not signed any credit agreement yet. Considering I could walk away and leave them with a £55,000 car built to my spec you would have thought they would be a bit more forthcoming!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just splurged for full access to topix to see if there is an update to the bulletin. No updates on there and the campaign is still outstanding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can report that I've picked my car up today! Wasn't without it's mither though. I told them I was going down at 11.00am but I stayed away until 12.30pm to make a point 😆
When I got there they wanted me to docusign my agreements which had changed very slightly due to the increase in road tax! (Their fault not mine!) Kept me waiting to see if the documentation would come to my email, it didn't. Finally got a look at my car.......but wait.......had to hang on while they checked if they had taxed the car.
Disgusted at my treatment, just waiting for the inevitable "how did we do?" questionnaire!
On a good note the car is lovely.
Hope all of you guys who are still waiting to get their cars does so in the very near future. All the best!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can report that I've picked my car up today! Wasn't without it's mither though. I told them I was going down at 11.00am but I stayed away until 12.30pm to make a point 😆
When I got there they wanted me to docusign my agreements which had changed very slightly due to the increase in road tax! (Their fault not mine!) Kept me waiting to see if the documentation would come to my email, it didn't. Finally got a look at my car.......but wait.......had to hang on while they checked if they had taxed the car.
Disgusted at my treatment, just waiting for the inevitable "how did we do?" questionnaire!
Hope all of you guys who are still waiting to get their cars does so in the very near future. All the best!
Did they say how they got the part?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tony, that is great news! which dealer was it you brought your car from?

We are still waiting for news, the last we were told was that the parts had been delivered to a central location and our dealer had to collect them from this location, however they have not been delivered and nobody seems to know whats going on! we are so frustrated and don't know what to do next!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Update from my dealer yesterday;
'I've been checking progress on the delay with the handover of your car which I'm sure you know is down to a UPS (update prior to sale) hold caused by the drivers seat belt needing a modified part fitting before you take delivery.
It sounds from my conversations yesterday as though they're starting to release these awaited parts fairly soon and rest assured that as soon as we receive these you'll be in your new car.'

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tony, that is great news! which dealer was it you brought your car from?

We are still waiting for news, the last we were told was that the parts had been delivered to a central location and our dealer had to collect them from this location, however they have not been delivered and nobody seems to know whats going on! we are so frustrated and don't know what to do next!
It was Guy Salmon of Stockport

·
Registered
14 Posts
If nothing else goes wrong I am picking mine up on Friday!
When I spoke to JLR I did ask about general availability of parts. She said that dealers should be able to order up the required part. I do not have any details but if you are still waiting it may be worth getting in touch with your dealer and insist that they get in touch with JLR and find out how to get the part if they do not know already!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Morning all, anyone else still waiting for a delivery update? I'm getting nothing from the lease company other than the dealer is still waiting for parts☹

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm still waiting on my p300e. Order in February but in March was told "Due to engineering reasons beyond our control, we have unfortunately encountered a delay on the build date of some of our plug-in hybrid models." ETA was 21/5/21.
Then late March was told it had been put back til 4th June and today have been informed its now going to be July.

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
65 Posts
Mine's due to be delivered next week. Ordered end of October

61 - 79 of 79 Posts