Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yep, had already been told to expect between 300-500 worth of accessories if I wanted

Reactions: Elpaulio

·
Registered
56 Posts
and I'd already negotiated a free Range umbrella!

Reactions: Elpaulio

·
Registered
9 Posts
@jimmyjames thanks for posting your updates, I'm also in the same position though mine is a company car through a lease company so have not had any direct interaction with a dealership.
I've contacted the lease company to see if they can try their luck with freebie accessories and will post feedback when they come back to me. Would be interested to see if anyone else has any success with this

·
Registered
56 Posts
So the part arrived, instructions for fitting didn’t 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Dealer chasing JLR to find out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
JLR have sorted and sent instructions
Great news you'd think, all set for tomorrow?

Of course not, 15 minutes later got the following email, this car does seem destined to never be mine!

·
Registered
MY21 P300e Autobiography; Nolita grey; HUD; detachable tow bar/assist; massage seat; fogs; ioniser;
41 Posts
Hi Drew I emailed my dealer yesterday and he confirms car is definitely due to be built this week with delivery to dealership due 9 April, hope your dates have remained the same. Asked about the seatbelt issue causing a delay, didn't get answer on that!
Talked with dealer yesterday and was told that the vehicle is now on its way to them; I should be able to pick it up by Friday 9th. So not quite made it to a March collection but still early April as originally promised.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Talked with dealer yesterday and was told that the vehicle is now on its way to them; I should be able to pick it up by Friday 9th. So not quite made it to a March collection but still early April as originally promised.
Hi Drew, I'm pleased for you, unfortunately won't be getting mine! Once it was confirmed built, I asked for VIN No. then requested built spec from JLR, only to find on Thursday, spec was incorrect. Dealer say factory error and have placed new order, so I've raised a complaint with JLR. Have been assigned a case manager yesterday and the impression I got from JLR was it was dealer error. Not sure I will find out whose error it was, however it's not mine and don't think I should have to go back to the end of the production line queue, as order placed 8 January.
As we both ordered a P300e Autobiography on the same day, check your built spec VERY carefully.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Can I ask how you get the built spec from the VIN number? Getting paranoid about my car!!!!!
@jimmyjames - have you driven away today?
Thanks
Its available on TOPIX, for those who pay for full access, otherwise like me email [email protected] with VIN No. & request built spec. Soooo glad I requested mine, though I'm sure yours will be ok.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pick up did unbelievably go smoothly. Car all sorted and handed over. Pleasure to drive. Meridian surround upgrade is mental, well worth it.
Will see how I go over the next couple of weeks. I’ll add pictures to my specific order thread.
For those that are in the same boat with me ensure you raise a case with JLR to enable them to fast track you and compensate for the delay. I got £220 set of gloss back wheel nuts and £170 set of luxury car mats. Plus the umbrella 😂

Reactions: BJD and rencar

·
Registered
MY21 P300e Autobiography; Nolita grey; HUD; detachable tow bar/assist; massage seat; fogs; ioniser;
41 Posts
Hi Drew, I'm pleased for you, unfortunately won't be getting mine! Once it was confirmed built, I asked for VIN No. then requested built spec from JLR, only to find on Thursday, spec was incorrect. Dealer say factory error and have placed new order, so I've raised a complaint with JLR. Have been assigned a case manager yesterday and the impression I got from JLR was it was dealer error. Not sure I will find out whose error it was, however it's not mine and don't think I should have to go back to the end of the production line queue, as order placed 8 January.
As we both ordered a P300e Autobiography on the same day, check your built spec VERY carefully.
Thanks BJD. I have the VIN so will give JLR a call next week. I’d be surprised if I have a problem with my local dealer: I’ve bought from the same guy there since since the early 2000s and he’s a ‘proper-person’.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Pick up did unbelievably go smoothly. Car all sorted and handed over. Pleasure to drive. Meridian surround upgrade is mental, well worth it.
Will see how I go over the next couple of weeks. I’ll add pictures to my specific order thread.
For those that are in the same boat with me ensure you raise a case with JLR to enable them to fast track you and compensate for the delay. I got £220 set of gloss back wheel nuts and £170 set of luxury car mats. Plus the umbrella 😂
Enjoy

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm still awaiting my new Evoque to have the seatbelt issue resolved before I can pick it up. This has not however stopped Land Rover from taking the first payment from my account this morning! They've not even given me my £1,000 holding deposit back as a goodwill gesture. Getting a bit much this!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Me too, was meant to be delivered 23rd march. Not a clue when I'll get it and as it's a company car through a lease company so I'm not in contact with a dealer. Have they made any promises as to when you'll get it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine was due 12th March. No dates given yet. I'm taking my "part ex" in tomorrow as the MOT expires on Monday and also I want to get my £1k deposit back to offset the payment they have taken. Don't see why I should be paying for a car I haven't got yet. Will put a post up if I get any news. Not holding my breath about an update, the girl takes great pain in telling me when she's not going to be working but that's all I get out of her. This is my third Evoque and might be my last if this is what they call customer service!

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's a bit rubbish, I'd assumed they would be prioritising private buyers over the others. Others seem to have had a few extras thrown in so would try for that too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I've mentioned extras but we will see, just want the car now. We're going away on Monday and I was hoping to have the new car to drive but the way things are going it looks unlikely. Will report back on here tomorrow, it may help in being face to face with them!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I've mentioned extras but we will see, just want the car now. We're going away on Monday and I was hoping to have the new car to drive but the way things are going it looks unlikely. Will report back on here tomorrow, it may help in being face to face with them!
Good luck, hope you get it in time. I really regret going for the Evoque now. I ordered for tax reasons initially but the savings I was due to make evaporated when they changed the emmissions. My current outlander is like a tractor but I love it and not had one issue with it. Just thankfull there's a JLR service centre on my doorstep, reading through this forum think I'm going to be needing it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good luck, hope you get it in time. I really regret going for the Evoque now. I ordered for tax reasons initially but the savings I was due to make evaporated when they changed the emmissions. My current outlander is like a tractor but I love it and not had one issue with it. Just thankfull there's a JLR service centre on my doorstep, reading through this forum think I'm going to be needing it...
I'm just back from handing my part ex car over and no news yet on the fix of the seatbelt issue. So I'm down by having given them the part ex, not got my £1,000 deposit back and they've taken the first payment out of my account (they say they are refunding that payment but not received it yet!). I will update as and when I hear anything further!

41 - 60 of 79 Posts