Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nothing yet, just called JLR and they checked with my case manager who was on another call but advised that i'd be getting a call back before 430pm with an update on the outcome of this mornings engineering meeting...
Wow ok, eagerly awaiting your news! 😬

·
Registered
56 Posts
JLR case team called. No update. Engineering haven’t got back to them with outcome of meeting. Said she’ll keep chasing them and call me tomorrow 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Googly815

·
Registered
56 Posts
Somehow I doubt it but I'll take your optimism :) Nothing updated on Topix so I await JLR's call to update...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you for your updates Jimmy.
Do you have any insight into the range of cars that are affected. I note from an earlier post you said:
"Seatbelt issue is only for cars generally built between 9th - 28th Feb, and the VIN range between the below. So you should be fine"
I ordered mine on the 8th February, dealership said the order was submitted to Land Rover on 13th February. It was supposed to be built on the 19th March, but was early and I had an email from Land Rover on 16th March to say it had left the production line and was on the way to the retailer.

Just a bit confused how a car "built" after the original safety recall issued on 11th March is included in the recall. My VIN number is within the range detailed in that bulletin.

As you can probably tell, I am sat here feeling very bitter that I have not collected my car today - especially given that the dealership only told me at midday yesterday after organising a pickup for today over a week ago.!!!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
They might be waiting for the front right door to be closed before they can release the vehicle 🤔

·
Registered
56 Posts
JLR called to ‘update’ me. There’s no update. Case team are still chasing engineering for an update but haven’t heard back. I’ve asked if they’ve escalated and yes they have but still haven’t heard back.
I do find it baffling that a company like JLR seemingly have no internal communications...
Was offered as goodwill to be given a fleet vehicle but as I have my 2year BMW X3 that I’m trading in for the RRE I declined.

Next ‘update’ will be Monday for them to call me.

Would recommend for those in same situation here to raise a case with the customer service team. If nothing else it adds more noise internally at JLR on top of all of the dealers constantly pinging them for updates as apparently there are over 100 customers in the same boat just in the UK affected.

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
298 Posts
Thank you for your updates Jimmy.
Do you have any insight into the range of cars that are affected. I note from an earlier post you said:
"Seatbelt issue is only for cars generally built between 9th - 28th Feb, and the VIN range between the below. So you should be fine"
I ordered mine on the 8th February, dealership said the order was submitted to Land Rover on 13th February. It was supposed to be built on the 19th March, but was early and I had an email from Land Rover on 16th March to say it had left the production line and was on the way to the retailer.

Just a bit confused how a car "built" after the original safety recall issued on 11th March is included in the recall. My VIN number is within the range detailed in that bulletin.

As you can probably tell, I am sat here feeling very bitter that I have not collected my car today - especially given that the dealership only told me at midday yesterday after organising a pickup for today over a week ago.!!!
mrLilly, I think its the manufacture date of the seatbelt that is to be between those dates and not the manufacture date of the car, hence why your car is included as that VIN range would have potentially used the batches of seatbelts built between those dates.
Paul

Reactions: jimmyjames

·
Registered
14 Posts
mrLilly, I think its the manufacture date of the seatbelt that is to be between those dates and not the manufacture date of the car, hence why your car is included as that VIN range would have potentially used the batches of seatbelts built between those dates.
Paul
Which makes this an even bigger farce! Build a new car with a known faulty part, deliver said car to dealer - "oh by the way you cannot sell this car as it has a faulty part...also I forgot to mention that we do not have any replacement parts or have a fix for the current part yet (y)"

·
Registered
56 Posts
My poor dealers nearly as frustrated as me when he called to say he’s not seen anything from brand either. He just sent me a video of the car and it does look incredible. It’s just so frustrating that it’s all waiting on JLR to get round to sorting it out

here’s the video of anyone cares to see:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Christ 🤦‍♂️
How did your dealer know about April 13th being the timeframe?
I'll let you know what JLR say when they call me today and see if it corresponds..

·
Registered
56 Posts
JLR called. Apparently she has "verbal but not formal approval" that a 'line pinch' is going to happen for affected customers where they'll take current front right seat belt retractors and send them to the dealerships of affected cars for them to replace. Next update call is Wednesday (31/3) but will call if there is a sooner update.

Not quite sure how it has taken them 18 days to get to this thought process, that is still not even confirmed....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve seen that E Pace now also has the confirmation that vehicles with the same issue will be updated on April 13th :-(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where are you seeing this?

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
93 Posts
My poor dealers nearly as frustrated as me when he called to say he’s not seen anything from brand either. He just sent me a video of the car and it does look incredible. It’s just so frustrating that it’s all waiting on JLR to get round to sorting it out

here’s the video of anyone cares to see:
Stunning Car; it must be even more frustrating now you've seen the video. Can only think that the batch of replacement seatbelts are on the Ever Given🛳

·
Registered
56 Posts
Call just now from JLR. Replacement part being couriered from Halewood down to my dealer in Bristol arriving this afternoon. 20 min change job and therefore should be in my car tomorrow (will be Friday as work meetings I can't move tomorrow)
Finally some good news! Fully expected her to say, still chasing and let's speak on Tuesday...!
I asked if all UPS affected customers were getting this and she said possibly not as my situation was escalated due to raising a case with JLR directly.

Googly - did you raise a case with JLR yourself?

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is great news.
As I had not heard anything from my dealership I rang up JLR earlier today and had a really good conversation with the person who answered. They have raised a case and I will be contacted within 48 hours.
I called 0370 5000500 to speak to JLR.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yep that's the route I took. they are very professional, and you do feel that they are doing everything they can to help you, even if not there and then there is calls booked in to give regular progress updates

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you taken advantage of the "retailer empowerment" ;):

Retailer Empowerment

We appreciate the frustration experienced by both our customers and retailers with regards to the launch of any Update Prior to Sale (UPS) notice.

Following the launch of Retailer Empowerment (and where you feel it appropriate), you now have the ability to offer goodwill to customers who have suffered delays in the delivery of their vehicle. Any goodwill offer should be specifically for a customer whose vehicle delivery has been delayed due to UPS activity to acknowledge the poor experience.

Should you have any questions, please contact the Customer Relationship Centre (CRC) in the first instance for help and support.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts