Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi on 8th January I ordered my P300e Autobiography and was lucky to pick up an unallocated build slot. This was the last date to change the specification which the dealer did and build date was given as 19 February with at retailer as 5 March. A month later the dates changed to last date to submit changes became 26 February, build became 26 March and at retailer 9 April. I have now received a letter from Land Rover head office advising me of potential delays due to disruption to the supply of parts in their global supply chain as a result of the pandemic. I contacted the dealer who advised the last quoted dates hadn't changed and couldn't explain why I received the letter. Can't help be wonder if the dealer knows more than they are letting on!

My question is are any of you currently experiencing delays with your orders, as I know some of you had previously experienced delays, not sure if it was Evoques generally or the P300e's.

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
65 Posts
My order has also been delayed again (P300e). Ordered in October and now expected delivery in Mai.

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
93 Posts
There is a thread running on the F-Pace forum on this subject with buyers having received the letter with varying information from dealer.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
No wonder there is delay, the cars are all heading to customers in the USA :D

Was watching on Telly a documentary on the roll on roll off car carrier ship the 'Faust', full of 800 luxury cars heading to the USA from Southhampton docks to New Jersey US, filled with Jags, rolls, Evoque, mini's, and wait for it...JCB's. The spacing between cars on interior decks was ridiculously close to each other to cram them in, well except for the rolls royces they got a metre clearance, as expected for half a million quid cars.

MV <i>Faust</i>

·
Registered
2021 Evoque P300e SE in Carpathian grey with privacy glass, 5076 alloys and premium cabin lighting
9 Posts
I ordered my P300e on 17th December and due to collect next Wednesday

·
Registered
MY21 P300e Autobiography; Nolita grey; HUD; detachable tow bar/assist; massage seat; fogs; ioniser;
41 Posts
Ordered my P300e Autobiography on 8th Jan and as of last weekend delivery was showing as 9th April but dealer said he thought it might come by end of March (as part of the 21 plate campaign). However, I also have this week received the ‘warning’ letter from JLR of possible delays. Will try and call dealer today for an update.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ordered my P300e Autobiography on 8th Jan and as of last weekend delivery was showing as 9th April but dealer said he thought it might come by end of March (as part of the 21 plate campaign). However, I also have this week received the ‘warning’ letter from JLR of possible delays. Will try and call dealer today for an update.
Your dates match mine exactly, will be interested in hearing what your dealer has to say. Personally I think the letter is ominous. However good news for DrSJF16, please let us know your thoughts on the car. Does anyone know when the build goes to MY2021.5 & if it deletes or adds spec?

·
Registered
MY21 P300e Autobiography; Nolita grey; HUD; detachable tow bar/assist; massage seat; fogs; ioniser;
41 Posts
Your dates match mine exactly, will be interested in hearing what your dealer has to say. Personally I think the letter is ominous. However good news for DrSJF16, please let us know your thoughts on the car. Does anyone know when the build goes to MY2021.5 & if it deletes or adds spec?
Have just talked to the dealer and the latest is that it is now due to go to production and still showing as scheduled for delivery 9 April. He thought it was possible if now going in to production that it could still be delivered early.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ordered mine end of September for a December stock date, that date got moved back to January - I had 2 January dates, then moved to 22nd of February for stock date, finally moved back to 17th March. 7 months almost! They have assured me it will be in stock between 12th - 17th of March and pick up 5/7 days after at dealership. I can’t help but think this car will NEVER arrive 😔

·
Registered
2021 Evoque P300e SE in Carpathian grey with privacy glass, 5076 alloys and premium cabin lighting
9 Posts
Oh wow that’s ages! I wonder why I’ve been so lucky getting mine so quickly (hoping nothing goes wrong between now and Wednesday!)

Reactions: JO16

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have just talked to the dealer and the latest is that it is now due to go to production and still showing as scheduled for delivery 9 April. He thought it was possible if now going in to production that it could still be delivered early.
Hi Drew I emailed my dealer yesterday and he confirms car is definitely due to be built this week with delivery to dealership due 9 April, hope your dates have remained the same. Asked about the seatbelt issue causing a delay, didn't get answer on that!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Seatbelt issue is only for cars generally built between 9th - 28th Feb, and the VIN range between the below. So you should be fine

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey jimmy, is there any update that anyone has heard on this issue, now been waiting for almost two weeks to pick up my new car!! Very disappointed :-(
hey jimmy, is there any update that anyone has heard on this issue, now been waiting for almost two weeks to pick up my new car!! Very disappointed :-(
Seatbelt issue is only for cars generally built between 9th - 28th Feb, and the VIN range between the below. So you should be fine

View attachment 8220

·
Registered
56 Posts
No update... JLR still haven't updated any dealerships in regrads to what they need to do to fix the seatbelt issue. Topix UPS notes still haven't been updated. Still showing as per the below. I have a case with JLR who are meant to be updating me today. But tbh it's not the dealers fault, they can't do anything but hold the affected vehicles until JLR let them either release them or advise the fix needed to then be able to release. Will update when I hear back from JLR Customer services. All very fustrating....

For reference below is also the inspection instructions, as some within the VIN range aren't affected by this UPS:

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
298 Posts
I love that they feel the need to advise them to close the front right door prior to releasing the vehicle.

Reactions: AllanG

·
Registered
56 Posts
Update from JLR - Technical Management team are meeting tomorrow morning (25/3/21) to discuss this UPS and advise actions.

So who knows, maybe tomorrow myself and others will find out timeframes for whatever corrective action needs to take place..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update from JLR - Technical Management team are meeting tomorrow morning (25/3/21) to discuss this UPS and advise actions.

So who knows, maybe tomorrow myself and others will find out timeframes for whatever corrective action needs to take place..
Hey Jimmy,
Any news yet?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nothing yet, just called JLR and they checked with my case manager who was on another call but advised that i'd be getting a call back before 430pm with an update on the outcome of this mornings engineering meeting...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts