Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have ordered my Evoqueinmid Jan and have been told it is due in July. A friend of mine ordered in October with a delivery date early April andnowhas been asked to finalise spec.
Unfortunately due to unusual circumstances he is about to cancel his order.

Do you think thatRR will allow me to take his place in the queue to bring my order forward? Not sure if they have a system to deal with this or if friends swapping datescan be done.

Appreciate your thoughts.....

CB

·
Registered
38 Posts
No Harm in asking,,
I know sometimes if there is a cancelation and someone orders at the right time they will put the new customer in that slot.

Id go in with your friend and explain the situation

·
Registered
144 Posts
Definitely worth a call, try to organise it with the sales person your friend is dealing with. One dealership I went to promised to call me if there was a cancellation to push me up the queue, and of course get a sale as I hadn't actually placed my order with him. I think that might be what Jay is also referring to in his post.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Personally I think the order queue should be dealt with on a first come, first saved basis, and no swapping should be possible. It is unfair on those who are waiting, having placed deposits months previously. I think their orders should be brought forward.

No offence to anyone wishing to jump the queue but this to me would be a more fair way to deal with cancellations.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Go for it! I was in my dealers when a an order was cancelled over the phone. The only down side was I would have no choice over the spec', just had to take the car as someone else had spec'd it or go on the waiting list. There is no way the dealer would have gone back to the waiting list and tried to match up the colour and spec' to an existing order. They told me it would go on the group website and be sold within hours. So I took it, even though I really wanted one with a pano roof, but hey ho at least I have an Evoque!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Go for it!
I was lucky enough to pick-up a cancellation when I was placing my order.

Bear in mind this is already someone you know. If the spec is alredy finalised then you will have to accept that spec if you want to move forward in the queue, but if not you can even have your own spec earlier.

Also think of the favour you are doing to the person who will get your original slot. You will make them happy as well.

Win win if you ask me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for feedback and thoughts guys. At the end of the day I didn't swap.
A combination of the dealer not being too keen (although not dead against it) and me having a bit of a guilty conscious about queue swapping.

Only 6 months to wait .....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts