Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Last weekend I ordered an Evoque (SD4 Dynamic) and chose a few options at the time. I was told that I would be contacted again just before build (they did not know when this would be) to confirm my choice and make any adjustments. Estimated delivery was end June.

I am toying with adding a few more things like the panoramic roof (or maybe even Lux pack) - but will see how te finances are looking nearer the time!

Please could someone confirm what I have been told is correct? I certainly wouldn't want a change of options to delay build. Also when should the dealer have a build date for the car?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered my car months ago and received it in Oct. I tried to change the glass (Clear to Black) about 8 weeks before the due date and couldn't because it would delay the build. I had the dealer take care of the glass once they received it at the same price as the factory fit. It only delayed the delivery by one day and I could choose the darkness of the glass I wanted. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My understanding from the dealer was that by ordering a car you simply are getting in the queue for a build slot - and that up to the time that build commences the car spec can be changed to anything you want. Does anyone know if this is true? Perhaps your car had already gone in to build when you asked to change the roof?

·
Registered
40 Posts
<div style="line-height: 1.4; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; font-weight: normal; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Yes I have been told the same that I can change anything up until I get a build slot from the factory and my dealer will contact me when they receive the build slot and ask me to finalise my order i.e. make any last changes. Then once the order goes to the factory if I make any changes it could delay the build.

I ordered mine early Oct and am expecting to be asked to finalise either the end of Nov or end of Dec depending on how many are in front of me. So Im trying to decide wether to add the lux pack or not as it seems a lot of money for some things I may not use. I have ordered what I feel are the useful bits which is about half of the lux pack- stereo upgrade, power tailgate, auto dim mirror,privacy glass,panoramic roof (a must have) and a spare wheel and I think I will add the surround cameras also

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great..... So at least message is consistent. I am thinking same thing re Lux pack.

One thing to bare in mind re Lux pack is that if you are buying on finance (PCP), the Lux pack increases the guaranteed value (individual options don't). This means that monthly payments don't increase a much as you may think (although you will pay eventually if you buy car at end).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another related question..... I have been given an estimated delivery date of end June, but another dealer I spoke with said that no orders from any dealer made now will be delivered before August. The dealer I ordered from also said that each dealer had 15 cars a month (which I assume means that delivery dates could vary between dealers depending on how many orders they have taken). How does this match to what others are being told?

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Firenze said:
<div style="line-height: 1.4; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; font-weight: normal; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">
I ordered mine early Oct and am expecting to be asked to finalise either the end of Nov or end of Dec depending on how many are in front of me.
Firenze, really, I ordered mid Oct and was advised not to expect build quote before March/April with delivery in June.

I agree that was before the factory went into 24/7 3 shifts mode.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
rossy100 said:
Another related question..... I have been given an estimated delivery date of end June, but another dealer I spoke with said that no orders from any dealer made now will be delivered before August. The dealer I ordered from also said that each dealer had 15 cars a month (which I assume means that delivery dates could vary between dealers depending on how many orders they have taken). How does this match to what others are being told?
rossy from what I have gathered here and on other forums is that you are spot on.

Orders a geared to dealers and whatever their monthly allocation, there is also a suggestion that some dealer have priority in the ordering process, but that has not been confirmed.

On a positive note the factory is now running 24hrs a day 7 days a week, but we don't know how many units are being produced, as they may still be producing at say 60% capacity.

Edited by: Evo-king

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well thats what Im hoping with everything crossed!!

I was told a delivery date of mid march from the dealer I ordered from and another dealer close to me said they couldn't deliver until june so Iam hoping the dealer I ordered from is not telling me porkies - but after reading the posts on here I don't have much faith in that delivery date but also have no reason to believe he is lying... yet

I understood from him that I would finalise my order within the next month for a build slot in Jan with delivery in March - but who knows

I do think some dealers will have more orders without build slots than others as they may cover a larger area and so they have larger waiting lists

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Good luck if it works out for you.

It is definitely a lottery at the moment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Rossy100'

When I mentioned glass, I was talking about windows and not the roof. I hope this helps and good luck with your order.

Rob

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't know if this adds to the information or adds to the confusion, but I think it backs up what is being said by dealers to some degree.

I just placed an order for my Pure TD4 nearly two weeks ago and was told it should be with me May/June. But they also said that it was to a degree dependant upon the number of orders they took, as if they increased their order book, they would be given a bigger monthly allocation of cars by JLR.

This was Hunters of Guildford.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered mine around May this year and was initially told March 2012 - I actually received it in Oct 2011 from Stratstone in Mayfair.
Good luck,

Rob

·
Registered
97 Posts
We ordered ours at the end of September and were told that we can expect it in February 2012. So we said that we will pick it up in March 2012 and get it on a new plate.

Anyway, I also spoke to another dealership and asked them what their delivery times were. They advised June next year. A work colleague went to another dealer again and was advised June/July next year.

I became concerned that my dealer had got the dates wrong and spoke to him about it. He said that different dealers get different allocations and due to the dealer that I am using being 24ish franchise's strong, they get a certain amount of priority. I told him about the other dealers and he advised that they are much smaller dealerships.

I hope that this is true and that my date still stands but I will just have to wait and see......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts